• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

Toyota Launches the Prius in India

New Delhi, January 7, 2010

* India gets the Third Generation Prius

* Toyota lays emphasis on its highly acclaimed environmentally friendly technology at the Auto Expo 2010

New Delhi, January 7, 2010:Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. (TKM) today launched the latest generation of the Prius in India at the Auto Expo 2010 in New Delhi. To further emphasise Toyota's commitment to the environment, the Altis CNG was also launched, and the Innova CNG and Camry Hybrid were on display.

Speaking about the Prius launch in India, Mr. Sandeep Singh, DMD-Marketing, TKM said: "Through the launch of the Prius, Toyota is keen to demonstrate its commitment to offer the latest eco-friendly automotive technology to its customers in India. Since becoming the world's first mass-produced hybrid vehicle in 1997, the Prius has received worldwide acclaim, the Prius today is the most successful hybrid in the world with cumulative sales of nearly 1.5 million. We will continue to popularize environmentally friendly vehicles in India to further our efforts to help save the environment."

Prius

Staying true to the meaning of its name, i.e. 'to go before,' in Latin, the Prius is equipped with the latest of its pioneering technology - the Toyota Hybrid System II (also called Hybrid Synergy Drive), - and with one of the best aerodynamic performances, the Prius has achieved world-leading fuel efficiency. The Third-generation Prius comes with three driving modes - Power Mode, Eco Mode and EV (Electric Vehicle) Mode, - as well as a host of dynamic features that combine to give improved driving pleasure with superior environmental performance.

The Prius will be available in limited numbers in two variants, priced at 26.55 lakh and 27.86 lakh, ex showroom, New Delhi, and bookings start from today.

Toyota Prius blows past sales expectations in India with 80 units in three months

by Sebastian Blanco (RSS feed) on Jun 13th 2010 at 12:24PM

How much is too much when it comes to selling the Toyota Prius? In India, the Japanese automaker expected to sell just 12 of the world's best-selling hybrids a month, but it has already received orders for 80 vehicles and has delivered 45 since March. Of course, globally, Toyota has sold almost two million Priuses in the last dozen years, so the Indian market isn't exactly important, percentage-wise. The car was just introduced in India this year and has a two-month waiting list even though it is subject to an import duty of 110 percent. The Prius is only the second hybrid available in India after the Honda Civic Hybrid, which was not a hit there. Who wants a Prius in India? The Business Standard says that, "the vehicle is being sought by doctors, industrialists and top executives aged between 35 and 50 years."

Edited by hyacc

He is trying to sell us a Prius. (right now his own).. But if you remember he's the guy who said to contact him and that he can import a prius for you for cheap. :rolleyes: That post was removes (naturally).. And I bet the one in the classified is his too.

The fundamental flaw in his logic of "when there's more traffic you get more kmpl" is that he doesnt realize that when he's stuck in traffic, he wont be GOING ANYWHERE to clock those 'kms'. :D

LOL :alc:

The Prius fuel mileage of 45mpg works out to be 19km/liter. BTW, the 80mpg that a poster above claimed for the Prius is simply not true. Its rated for 51mpg but typically gets around 45mpg in real world driving.

I dont sell vehicles. I used a Prius in US and now I use one in Sri Lanka. I am sure you guys have not used one before. The mileage I get here I never got even in US. Thats because the traffic is very heavy here and engine does not come on when driving slow in traffic. My wife is using a civic hybrid and she is getting only around 22 Km/l. Even I was rather surprised when I was getting so much even more than what manufacturer claims. But since I was not inside a well I accessed the internet and found there are many who have achieved 80MPG. check it out for "Prius achieved 80 MPG" or "prius achieved 30 km/l". Meanwhile please tell me what you guys are getting from your own cars. Also check what new Nissan hybrid and Chevrolet Volt Hybrid are offering. Dont look at negative side of vehicles. Buy a Prius from a sale close to you and see for yourself the performance.

http://www.k-grayengineeringeducation.com/blog/index.php/2010/04/30/engineering-education-today-in-history-blog-toyota-prius-sales-top-1-million-unit-2/

Agreed, driving a bucket with four wheels that does a gazillion miles to the gallon isnt everything :alc:

Of course it is man.... hows about counting the number of kms done and dividing it by whatever? And accelerating from 0- 20kmph in 30 secs?!? What about maintaining a dizzying 50 kmph on main roads? Holey moley, gives me goosebumps every time I think about it! That's the way to have a good time, don't you agree?

hey prius r us

this is what you have told.....

Prius is the most fuel economical car in the world. Also thats the best selling car in Japan and have overtaken the Corolla. Now you can imagine where the prius will go. Battery never fails. Then they offered 10 years warranty for 2010 model and now they talk of life time warranty. Parts are highly reliable since they make same model for US and Europe as well. A Taiwan company is setting up a highly advanced service center for Hybrids. Meanwhile Toyota Lanka and Stafford will introduce their hybrids after training their people. All big brands are coming up with Hybrid models including Mercedes, BMW, Ford etc etc. Go for Hybrids now. The present petrol car will be obsolete very soon. This is eco friendly and does 30 KM/L. wow. Check there is a ad in Auto Lanka for Prius.

this is the add about prius

Unregistered toyota prius Hybrid 2007 10th anniversary model, now available in Sri lanka. Around 30 km/l. Multifunction Steering with key less entry and push start button. Origeinal Body kit, HID Lights, Cruise control, Climate control, traction control, DVD, Navi, Digital dashboard with touch screen controls, handsfree phone, CD with JBL premium sounds and many more extras. 077 807 11 66

30KM/L is mention in both...

dude its your add isn't it? are you trying to fool the people who are using the auto lanka?

:blink:

Edited by M navy

More and more guerrilla marketing as people become desperate to sell off their overstocked cars rolleyes.gif They don't seem to understand there are too many vehicles in the country now than buyers...

show me the money....$$$ Rs Rs

So what your saying is the more traffic in a country the better the Prius does in fuel eh? Never had heard of that claim.

What makes you think Japan, US or even UK have lesser traffic than Colombo?? Sadly mistaken.

From what I read some people recorded the highest optimum mileage only in long highway runs on the prius. Of course now if you drive it like you stole it then you wouldnt get anywhere close to 45MPG.

All in all your claim of 30km/l remains blatantly biased! Your telling us your Prius does 75MPG. That is well over the green limit. That is SPACE! At a stand still I have seen the trip meter indicates 99MPG, your pretty close being 75!

To me your more of a Google guru than a person who really owns one. Your more or less starting to sound like a guerrilla marketer too.

I dunno about other countries, but I know in Japanese cities there are lesser traffic compared to Colombo even during rush hours.

Japanese have more vehicles ( and have more population ) too,

but majority of people are happy to keep their vehicle at home and travel by public transport.

Reasons are.

1. Public transport are well developed and punctual.

2. Parking space is very expensive.

3. Companies demotivate employees from traveling in private vehicles,

as premium for traveling insurance for employee cost too much if they are coming in their private vehicles.

4. People are not lazy there, so they normally walks up to 1.5km if necessary.

Believe me, Streets in Tokyo are lot quieter and have lot less rush than those of Colombo.

I have hyper-miled the Prius to nearly 80 MPG but it requires a lot of effort and have to drive like an old lady.

The best mileage you can get out of the Prius is on city driving where the traffic is light to medium. Running on the freeway don't yield as much as the city. SL traffic is ideal for this car.

The picture is my gauge and the car is being driven fairly hard. The worst I've seen is in the high 20s when I spend a whole day in the canyon.

Edit: mine is the third gen. Second gen is about 10% less.

post-3518-080741500 1295563248_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mani

Please study the vehicle before you comment. I use a Prius. There are enough users in USA along who has achieved around 80 MPG in city. Normal highway condition it works only 40 to 45 MPG but in Heavy traffic roads like in sri lanka it does well. I think you probably dont know when you run slow or stopped for traffic engine is off and it runs on battery. If you run on Highway consumption it consumes extra petrol since go fast and during that period it charges the battery. Thats why it does well in Sri Lanka than in US or Japan. Also in USA they have developed a unit that converts normal Prius to 100MPG. I dont know how it works since I have not tried. In Honda Civic Hybrid it works the other way about. In traffic it consumes more petrol since Engine does not go off and in High way it does better. All in all there is not vehicle to match prius fuel consumption. If you look for most fuel economical car in the world in internet, Prius will appear on top.

For the price of about a half a litre of Petrol, you can travel from Colombo to Kandy or Galle in a train...

That converts to about 230km/l... way above the Prius..

Conclusion: The train is the most fuel economical vehicle in Sri Lanka...

So destroy your non selling prius and bring a few trains...

hey prius r us

this is what you have told.....

Prius is the most fuel economical car in the world. Also thats the best selling car in Japan and have overtaken the Corolla. Now you can imagine where the prius will go. Battery never fails. Then they offered 10 years warranty for 2010 model and now they talk of life time warranty. Parts are highly reliable since they make same model for US and Europe as well. A Taiwan company is setting up a highly advanced service center for Hybrids. Meanwhile Toyota Lanka and Stafford will introduce their hybrids after training their people. All big brands are coming up with Hybrid models including Mercedes, BMW, Ford etc etc. Go for Hybrids now. The present petrol car will be obsolete very soon. This is eco friendly and does 30 KM/L. wow. Check there is a ad in Auto Lanka for Prius.

this is the add about prius

Unregistered toyota prius Hybrid 2007 10th anniversary model, now available in Sri lanka. Around 30 km/l. Multifunction Steering with key less entry and push start button. Origeinal Body kit, HID Lights, Cruise control, Climate control, traction control, DVD, Navi, Digital dashboard with touch screen controls, handsfree phone, CD with JBL premium sounds and many more extras. 077 807 11 66

30KM/L is mention in both...

dude its your add isn't it? are you trying to fool the people who are using the auto lanka?

:blink:

I feel sorry for you not having proper sense. If someone says that his FB 15 doing 10KM/l that means all the adds are that say 10KM/l are his ones. That prius ad is put by a lady. I am not a car seller. I feel sorry for you.

If you have not heard of anyone who has achieved 30 KM/L, please access internet and see for yourself. I hope you are not talking big by using conventional petrol car that does less than 15 Km/L. Cammon use new technology and see the difference. If cannot afford try to hire one for a day. One day in my heaven.

For the price of about a half a litre of Petrol, you can travel from Colombo to Kandy or Galle in a train...

+1 lol..... :D

Edited by nexus

trains cost 1000-1500/- per km here :D