• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

The seller may have gone overboard with the listing of options, but they're still legit. Sellers will Btw the "audible lights on warning" is no gimmick. It means you will hear an audible tone if you remove the ignition key with the lights on. Nothing wrong with putting that up.

Thats nothing new either. My 22 year old Gemini had it too, so does most cars (even japanese) from the 90s :rolleyes:

• Like 2

and just an update to the "hybrid are so economical", a person I met in N'eliya came there in a Hybrid Van (Can't remember the name looked quite nice though) he had been doing some running around in colombo and then came up to N'eliya.. he had pumped 57 liters of petrol, done 360Km's, and had to pump full tank again.. Quite interesting if you divide that and get the figures... Hybrids are definitely doing well.. :P

damn petrol toyota hiace do better than that. :D

The seller may have gone overboard with the listing of options, but they're still legit. Sellers will employ any means necessary to sell their merchandise, this is nothing new. Some people out there still might not know anything about hybrids, and might be apprehensive when it comes to buying them. The seller may have put all those options up to show that the hybrid Civic still comes with standard options that we might find in a 'normal' Civic, to ensure a solid sale. The list looks like it's off a brochure anyway.

Btw the "audible lights on warning" is no gimmick. It means you will hear an audible tone if you remove the ignition key with the lights on. Nothing wrong with putting that up.

Stand corrected on Audible Lights :) , A classic punctuation issue... should be "Audible, Lights on Warning" or as Jezza would put it "Bong to tell the lights are on..." :lol:

But have to agree with watchman, I've never seen a Jap car without it since the early 90s

Thats nothing new either. My 22 year old Gemini had it too, so does most cars (even japanese) from the 90s :rolleyes:

Well yeah, there's a lot of stuff in that list that's not special or new, but that's not my point. All I was saying was that there's nothing misleading or wrong in that ad. At least it doesn't say it does 50kmpl. :)

Had a 1986 Accord that had the that as well... why is that special? Are people charging for that now too?

looks like the prius fan-boys are out in force, all of what Prius R us is noting is pure speculation, if you are buying a prius now you are taking a risk, dont let the toyota badge fool you, there is no place to service the vehicle properly and the vehicle is yet to be tested high humidity and dusty environments, plus the second gen prius that many are looking at has woeful performance when accelerating, the other point is that the prius is not very fun to drive, even with the tax breaks many buyers is developed economies stay away from the hybrids

yes i agree with that,,,,there is not much hype in other countries not like us........some still prefer small hatches

Prius owners!!

hows the performance of prius??? is it good as Allion, premio or Axio? :rolleyes:

I have driven all those three cars you have mentioned.For me the best is premio.but it's not good for me as I'm traveling long distances everyday (considering only the fuel consumption ). Axio was my last used car and i'm not at all satisfied with that.For me Allion performance and handling is same as prius..but allion is bit more controlled than prius when it's over 120 kmph. so if i rank according to the ride quality ,and handling and other standard options i would rank them as follows.

01.Premio

02.Prius

03.Allion

04.Axio

I have driven all those three cars you have mentioned.For me the best is premio.but it's not good for me as I'm traveling long distances everyday (considering only the fuel consumption ). Axio was my last used car and i'm not at all satisfied with that.For me Allion performance and handling is same as prius..but allion is bit more controlled than prius when it's over 120 kmph. so if i rank according to the ride quality ,and handling and other standard options i would rank them as follows.

01.Premio

02.Prius

03.Allion

04.Axio

first are you talking about the 1.8 or the 1.5 premio?

2nd i thought premio and allion have the same performance...coz from what i heard it seems only the looks in different in premio and allion

3rd which generation prius are u talking about?

first are you talking about the 1.8 or the 1.5 premio?

2nd i thought premio and allion have the same performance...coz from what i heard it seems only the looks in different in premio and allion

3rd which generation prius are u talking about?

I'm talking about 1800 CC premio, 3rd generation prius and Allion 2010 model

I'm talking about 1800 CC premio, 3rd generation prius and Allion 2010 model

yeah if its a 1800CC it'll have better performance than Prius!! bdw what was the YOM of the Premio?

• 2 months later...

As I remember those days some of PPL in here said if we can see Prius on the Road like Axio then we can say Prius is popular in SL.. I Believe now you can see more Prius than Axio in SL Roads..

You dug up a two month old thread just to say that?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prius PLUS Performance Package

Taking Hybrid to the Next Level Created and engineered by Toyota Racing Development, PLUS Performance Evolution was established to offer hybrid and alternative fuel drivers lightweight, highly engineered components with functional styling that improve aerodynamic efficiency and vehicle handling...

http://www.toyota.com/prius-hybrid/plus.html