• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Got To Drive Lamborghini Gallardo And Ferrari F430!!!

Mean Green z28

I think the F430 was more responsive than the Gallardo and I also felt a bit more comfortable in it; due to the car or the fact that I'd already driven the track before, not sure. You could def. see I was getting into it a bit earlier and was braking later in the F430 ... thanks guys, it was a small dream come true

• Like 2

I'm sure that that difference in responsiveness is the Lambo being laced with German sauce while the Ferrari is pure Italian although the development input came from a German driver ;)

MG, what sounded better at the red line in your opinion?

oh the Ferrari sounded the best. It just sounds like a racecar with that high pitched soundtrack; it even idles pretty high. However, the Lambo is just brawn and guts and sounds meaner and more muscular with the V10 ... and it's got the AWD! Between the two, I'd go for the Lambo ... don't know why

Edited by Mean Green z28

oh the Ferrari sounded the best. It just sounds like a racecar with that high pitched soundtrack; it even idles pretty high. However, the Lambo is just brawn and guts and sounds meaner and more muscular with the V10 ... and it's got the AWD! Between the two, I'd go for the Lambo ... don't know why

Interesting MG. I guess the Lambo had more torque. The Ferrari must have been higher strung delivering everything higher in the rev range I guess.

What a small world. The guy in the white t-shirt who was setting you guys off is a really good friend of mine. He had emailed me a while back asking for me to come instruct at one of these events. Too bad I'm across the country. Would've been hilarious if I ran into you there.

What a small world. The guy in the white t-shirt who was setting you guys off is a really good friend of mine. He had emailed me a while back asking for me to come instruct at one of these events. Too bad I'm across the country. Would've been hilarious if I ran into you there.

wow didn't know you were in the east coast till recently; just read your blog, good stuff!!

Yeah, it would've been funny had to just randomly met

Is the response of the computerized manual transmissions as good as they say it is? I mean was there ever any issue with the power coming even a hair too late i.e. shift delay?

well, I guess it also depends on how you drive so maybe I didn't do what it was expecting me to do, lol. I know for a fact that in any car, if you slowly roll into the throttle at say 30mph (example only) then it'll shift later 'cos it probably passed the shit point/RPM/speed setting within it's tables. But if you slam the pedal down at 30mph, it'll probably be at the point where it's like "OH SHIT I NEED TO SHIFT DOWN NOW NOW NOW!!!" lol

I used to play around with the programming on my auto trans back in the day. There were two maps I could play with on my Camaro (originally on the TransAm but I figured out the wiring and did it on my car too); one map for daily driving, and another for performance driving. You had to hit a momentary button and it'll switch between the two modes (indicated by a light). So I tuned the normal mode to shift into high gears quicker and keep the engine rpm's as low as I could during city driving and hold gears longer to get into the power band during performance mode. It was fun experimenting... I'm guessing these cars were not in "race" mode, lol

• 3 weeks later...