• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diesel Container

TechHater

hi all

im planning to have a few days tour in north central and nothern wilderness. i want to carry few liters of diesel just in case,

would an ordinary plastic can be safe(can it explode due to vapour pressure etc..) or where can i find a proper container.

other ingenious solutions are also welcomed.

thanks in advance.

TechHater,

You can safely carry diesel in plastic cans. 5 Or 20 liter. Plastic cans. They do not explode Diesel do not get much vaporized like petrol. Do not fill up to the top of the can. Carry Plastic filling funnel also.

Please note there are enough fuel filling stations around the Island at present, you will not be standard any where due to lack of fuel.

Fill your tank whenever you see the meter is ½ empty on the nearest town when you are travelling.

I always carry 4 liters of Petrol in my vehicle in a 5 liter can with a filling funnel. Because I always use petrol vehicles. Have helped number of motorists, in good old days when there were not much of filling stations like today. During last five decades. I have helped standard vehicles my out station, carrier for last 5 decades. Who were standard on the high way? Once I remember towing a vehicle which did not have Diesel standard on the way to Batti to Mahaoya filling station.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

yep...Sylvi is correct. you can keep diesel in a plastic can without a fuss.

I keep a good 3-4 litres at home for cleaning purposes in an old oil can.

Alternatively one of my work colleagues bought a used steel jerry can from panchi for 4k. Chances are, you can pick one of for cheaper.

If these sorta trips are common, it might be better to have a proper steel can.

yep...Sylvi is correct. you can keep diesel in a plastic can without a fuss.

I keep a good 3-4 litres at home for cleaning purposes in an old oil can.

Alternatively one of my work colleagues bought a used steel jerry can from panchi for 4k. Chances are, you can pick one of for cheaper.

If these sorta trips are common, it might be better to have a proper steel can.

Or you can get a plastic one with a vapour seal top and a built in funnel (funnel is flipped around back into the neck when its not in use) for about 2k off the web. You could probably get it off ebay too.

But really as Ripper and Sylyi state, any plastic can/ container with a screw top is fine. Just don't store it in containers that were used for food / drink for safety, as someone might try and consume it.

Edited by Kavvz