• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Santafe

knightowl

5 seater auto

The 5 seater auto should be 2WD.

The Santafe CM is a good vehicle and doesn't have the problems seen in the older models.

It has excellent pick up, excellent fuel economy.

My uncle has an auto run around 80 000km and my father uses a manual one with around 25000km no issues seen yet.

These where priced around 7 million until recently but as currently the people who bought them are upgrading using the new permits they are sold at this reasonable price.

the price will increase if the permits are cancelled so if you want one this is the best time and 5mill is a good price if it's not very high millage.

Aditionally there is a significant fuel economy difference between the manual and the auto, the auto does only around 10kmpl while the manual exceeds 16kmpl in long distance runs

• Like 1

The 5 seater auto should be 2WD.

Not true! This is the case only if the vehicle was imported using a govt servants (Commonly known as DOCTOR'S PERMIT) duty concessionary permit, as during that time there was a price limit of 16,000 USD for a type 2 permit and if you opted for a Auto transmission the 4WD would be out of budget. HOwever if the vehicle was imported normally or with a provincial councillors' orMps' permits you could get any option you wished.

About the vehicle, I bought a 2008 Kia Sportage which is the same as the Tuscon and a 2012 Kia Sorento which is the same as the Santa Fe (not the model referred to in this post) and both are excellent vehicles which are trouble free. My Sporty has done almost 80,00kms and has not even had a flat tyre yet!

Several of my friends have the 2008 Santa Fe and are extremely happy with it and are infact waiting to buy the new version due next year.

The price is reasonable if the vehicle has been carefully used, but is the currently going price for it. Since you must be knowing your friends vehicle I would say go for it!

Good luck.

Kinghtowl,

A relative of mine bought a 2008 Deisel Santafe for 5.8 million. Three months ago. I went and had a drive on that vehicle the original owner had all service records done only 49000 Kilometers fitted with 4 new tires. He paid the transfer fee too.

I think that price is reasonable.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 2

One of my family member imported Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2CRDI (Diesel) GL 4WD 7 seater 5 speed auto transmission in 2008 under his government permit. It is already done over 85,000km without any problem. Very good and reliable vehicle.

I don't know the exact current market price.

However it cost USD 17,831.63 CIF Colombo. (in 2008 July)

I have already posted the catalog of the same in car catalog thread.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Prices of the vehicles imprted after 2007 on permits should come down as the permit holders will be eligible for new permits soon.

Await for good deals on Toyota Corolla 141, Toyota Yaris, Mistsubishi Lancers / Montero Sports (old model) and of course Huyndai Santa Fe and Tuson not forgeting Kia

• 6 months later...

Hyundai Lanka found a faulty in our Hyundai Santa Fe. They say Rail Pressure Sensor and Serval Actuator need to replace. But I checked with BOSCH , that technician says it is swirl actuator.

Hyundai Lanka says they need three months to bring the items here. I have a Korean friend in Korea and going to import genuine parts through him. Hyundai Lanka does not give more details. They say this actuator (Serval or swirl) is fixed in inlet/intake manifold and does control some throttle function.

I goggled through net, but didn't find much details.

Can some expert explain me is it "Serval Actuator" or "Swirl Actuator"?

What is the exact function of this item?

Vehicle is Hyundai Santa Fe - Turbo Diesel - Year 2008 - 4WD - A/T with Tiptronic

Model No.: FE 2.2 CRDI GL-4

Engine Number : D4EB864****

Thanks in advance.

Hyundai Lanka found a faulty in our Hyundai Santa Fe. They say Rail Pressure Sensor and Serval Actuator need to replace. But I checked with BOSCH , that technician says it is swirl actuator.

Hyundai Lanka says they need three months to bring the items here. I have a Korean friend in Korea and going to import genuine parts through him. Hyundai Lanka does not give more details. They say this actuator (Serval or swirl) is fixed in inlet/intake manifold and does control some throttle function.

I goggled through net, but didn't find much details.

Can some expert explain me is it "Serval Actuator" or "Swirl Actuator"?

What is the exact function of this item?

Vehicle is Hyundai Santa Fe - Turbo Diesel - Year 2008 - 4WD - A/T with Tiptronic

Model No.: FE 2.2 CRDI GL-4

Engine Number : D4EB864****

Thanks in advance.

its a solenoid on the cylinder head that can change the shape of the intake port to make it into a swirl chamber, which allows the air to atomise better with the diesel to make the engine run quiteter, smoother and more efficient,

I found the above information from the net. I actually know that in some cars (including the old BMW 320ds) that these actuators give problems where they break off and get sucked in through the intake manifold into the engine causing damage.

Edited by The Don

its a solenoid on the cylinder head that can change the shape of the intake port to make it into a swirl chamber, which allows the air to atomise better with the diesel to make the engine run quiteter, smoother and more efficient,

I found the above information from the net. I actually know that in some cars (including the old BMW 320ds) that these actuators give problems where they break off and get sucked in through the intake manifold into the engine causing damage.

Thanks Don.

Today my Korean friend confirmed me that he bought the correct spares. He will dispatch them through DHL tomorrow.

• 1 year later...

Our Hyundai SantaFe (Diesel 2.2CRDi , 140,000km) started to giving less pulling power since few weeks.

After that, situation became worst, unable to start the engine at once. After several attempts only it starts.

After checking all related parts, finally throttle body unit found faulty. Here ICV and throttle body comes as one unit and Rumesh also suspected the same.

Company was asking Rs.65,000 and has to wait for some time after placing order to import the goods. I could get the same genuine part from Korea at Rs.38,000 and within 5 days through a Korean friend. Part will be installed today. Same part number comes in some Kia models as well.

Thanks Rumesh and Clark’s Son.

1_zps449bd648.jpg

2_zps8b6ed02d.jpg

3_zpsfde59aae.jpg

• Like 2

Our Hyundai SantaFe (Diesel 2.2CRDi , 140,000km) started to giving less pulling power since few weeks.

After that, situation became worst, unable to start the engine at once. After several attempts only it starts.

After checking all related parts, finally throttle body unit found faulty. Here ICV and throttle body comes as one unit and Rumesh also suspected the same.

Company was asking Rs.65,000 and has to wait for some time after placing order to import the goods. I could get the same genuine part from Korea at Rs.38,000 and within 5 days through a Korean friend. Part will be installed today. Same part number comes in some Kia models as well.

Thanks Rumesh and Clark’s Son.

Sampath, so did you end up buying the part yourself or through the local agent? Assuming the car is under warranty how will buying/installing your own parts comply with the warranty?

Sampath, so did you end up buying the part yourself or through the local agent? Assuming the car is under warranty how will buying/installing your own parts comply with the warranty?

Warranty is already expired. We bought this vehicle brand new in 2008.

My Korean friend purchased the genuine part from Korea and sent me by courier.

Local agent refused to reveal me the part number. I had to search through the net. Then I came to know that same part number goes for Kia Sportage(2010) as well. Kia local agent might have this. But we wanted to get Genuine Hyundai part only to avoid any minor changes if there was. However now I am sure same part use for Kia and Hyundai both. Both logos of Hyundai and Kia are marked on the Hyundai Genuine part.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi All,

I am interested on know the reliability of Santafe (2008/2009) diesel model.

Reason for diesel model is better fuel efficiency than petrol model. 

I saw 2008 Diesel model ( mileage 100k to 180k ) is advertise around 4.0 Mil. 

What are the known repairs that needed to be done except regular oil,filter change services?

I am expecting to keep this vehicle at least 5 years or more.

Please share your ideas.