• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Route To Trinco From Colombo

pontiac_gto

Question

10 answers to this question

thanks. I tried this. but i heard A6 route is under construction. so please someone let me know the most comfortable route.

The best time to travel would be very early in the morning........ Along Kandy road, to Ambepussa, turn off to Kurunegala, onto Dambulla, Habarana, Kantale an Trinco.

http://maps.google.lk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1440&bih=698&wrapid=tlif134622508248811&um=1&ie=UTF-8&gl=lk&daddr=trincomalee+sri+lanka&saddr=habarana&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=KfviA8Njn_w6MWMOwbeRQ0ok;KSe-LZC2vPs6MbsPGzN6aud9&sa=X&ei=xMM9UNXZHc7trQeWzYGAAg&ved=0CB0Q9w8wAA

If leaving Colombo after 7:30am, you have options to get to Kurunegala, through either Ja-ela to Narammala, Giriulla and Kuru. or through Pasyala on the kandy road to Narammala , Giriulla then Kuru.

However the Kantale to Trinco strech is under construction and will take you ages to get through depending on time of day, traffic etc.

If you feel you want to take an alternate (but longer and slightly faster ) route, you can turn off at kantale onto the Muththur road and get to Trinco through china bay.

The best time to travel would be very early in the morning........ Along Kandy road, to Ambepussa, turn off to Kurunegala, onto Dambulla, Habarana, Kantale an Trinco.

http://maps.google.l...ved=0CB0Q9w8wAA

If leaving Colombo after 7:30am, you have options to get to Kurunegala, through either Ja-ela to Narammala, Giriulla and Kuru. or through Pasyala on the kandy road to Narammala , Giriulla then Kuru.

However the Kantale to Trinco strech is under construction and will take you ages to get through depending on time of day, traffic etc.

If you feel you want to take an alternate (but longer and slightly faster ) route, you can turn off at kantale onto the Muththur road and get to Trinco through china bay.

thanks bro

http://maps.google.l...ved=0CB0Q9w8wAA

heh heh... you would be the best to advise on this route after all those frequent trips... :)

thanks. I tried this. but i heard A6 route is under construction. so please someone let me know the most comfortable route.

Right.

Even Dambulla to Habara section is carpeting (There was nothing wrong in that section of the road) and I faced a bit of a jam there couple of months back. I don't think they finished it yet.

Better to avoid rush hours. (Believe me there was nothing like a rush hour in those roads a couple of years back, but now its not!)

Edited by razordj

Right.

Even Dambulla to Habara section is carpeting (There was nothing wrong in that section of the road) and I faced a bit of a jam there couple of months back. I don't think they finished it yet.

Better to avoid rush hours. (Believe me there was nothing like a rush hour in those roads a couple of years back, but now its not!)

thanks... i decided to leave from colombo at 2am. so i think Kuru, Dambulla, Kanthale and Trinco route is better for this time.