• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Similar Engine Control For Toyota 89661 - 2D280 (Ect 5A-Fe)

aakalpa

Question

4 answers to this question

Can someone tell me what is the similar Engine control for Toyota 89661 - 2d280 (ECT 5A-FE) My car is Carina AT 192 auto transmission.

i think you can fix a ecu from a corolla ae100 or ae110 i say this because they have similar ecu's i too had a problem like you in my old at212 carina i try to find a ecu for it but i couldn't find any carina ecu's for that the only ecu i found similar is from a corolla ae110 after replacing the faulty ecu with it i had no problems from the car good luck dude. :)

btw what is the problem you need replacing the ecu of your car?

have you tried delkanda area breaker shops? they have ecu by the boxload.

as long as the ECU is for a 5A-fe Auto, it should work for you irrespective of the car model.

As nexus says, 5A-fe motor is available on both the 100 and the 110, 1500cc motors... just make sure the ECU is for an auto car

i think you can fix a ecu from a corolla ae100 or ae110 i say this because they have similar ecu's i too had a problem like you in my old at212 carina i try to find a ecu for it but i couldn't find any carina ecu's for that the only ecu i found similar is from a corolla ae110 after replacing the faulty ecu with it i had no problems from the car good luck dude. :)

btw what is the problem you need replacing the ecu of your car?

Thank you very much for your comment nexus.

Yes, I'm having a hard time to find the 100% correct ECU. it is just impossible i feel.

few weeks back my car started kind a miss and stop once it started an runs a few meters. but gradually this became a worse day by day, it stops several times within a 1KM. sometimes its really difficult to starts even. 1st checked all the possible mechanical problems, everything was just fine. then I had to check possible electrical problem so we opened the ECU. we found it had been repaired previously. so my electrical guy found some more faults and did the needful. but unfortunately after a week or so same problem happened.

Since I could not find the exact ECU we repaid it once again few days back. this time we replaced few resisters also. so far so good. :)

On 9/3/2012 at 9:20 PM, aakalpa said:

Thank you very much for your comment nexus.

Yes, I'm having a hard time to find the 100% correct ECU. it is just impossible i feel.

few weeks back my car started kind a miss and stop once it started an runs a few meters. but gradually this became a worse day by day, it stops several times within a 1KM. sometimes its really difficult to starts even. 1st checked all the possible mechanical problems, everything was just fine. then I had to check possible electrical problem so we opened the ECU. we found it had been repaired previously. so my electrical guy found some more faults and did the needful. but unfortunately after a week or so same problem happened.

Since I could not find the exact ECU we repaid it once again few days back. this time we replaced few resisters also. so far so good. :)

Hi i am also searching for a ecu replacement of repair for my carina at 192. Was your car warking after and no problem occured since?