• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Tiida Ac Cooler

Toyota1990

Hello Experts

I own a Nissan Tiida and all of a sudden the AC stopped functioning and now it works more or less like a blower with a slight cool. I took it to R**co and they told me that the cooler has a leak, so that the most successive way to overcome the problem is to replace the cooler. Japanese unit cost Rs.48000 and Malaysian costs Rs38000. My Questions

1 - is there a possibility of repairing the cooler and will it be successful ?

2 - what is the best place to get it done?

3 - and any other alternatives to overcome the problem Im facing

Thank you so much in advance, hoping to get some useful advises from learned gentlemen over here.

RESPECT

Hello Experts

I own a Nissan Tiida and all of a sudden the AC stopped functioning and now it works more or less like a blower with a slight cool. I took it to R**co and they told me that the cooler has a leak, so that the most successive way to overcome the problem is to replace the cooler. Japanese unit cost Rs.48000 and Malaysian costs Rs38000. My Questions

Thank you so much in advance, hoping to get some useful advises from learned gentlemen over here.

RESPECT

'Toyota1990',

Try Mr. Rohan Perera of CRP Engineering At No 15 Morgan Road Colombo 00200. Tel: 2303910/ 0777393608.

He do all my automobile and building A/C Work with a warranty.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Hello Experts

RESPECT

Hi,

Have they show you the place where it's getting leak by connecting it to an air line? did they check the all a\c lines ? some tiny

refrigerant leaks can repair as i know.so make sure to confirm it before spend some 30-40k on this repeair.

Thank you Mr. Sylvi and Niroshan. I respect you gentlemen for the wonderful piece of advise :)

Hello Mahesh - no, they did not show me but they were sure that there is a leak in the cooler if not the gas wont be leaked so soon (this happened over a period of 2-3 days). the place I mentioned about normally fit in new units, they do not try or even considering a repair. I was kinda confused. Now I went for another place, same service with same unit and warranty, its half the price they quoted from me. Im still wondering what steps to be taken to resolve my issue.

Once again thank you Mr, Sylvi , Mr. Niroshan and Mr. Mahesh. I respect you gentlemen for helping me out.

May God bless you'll

Hi ,

Best thing is to replace the cooler. If you live near nugegoda or Homagama..there is a spare parts shop called Vikasit** , check with them. i saw there are several TIDA face cuts. so they should have the other spares.

:)

Also most of the AC repair people to try replace the full system and make good profit of the business..so beware of those guys

I don't believe the cooler unit of this newer car has reached its life. You can do a pressure test isolating each component. Cooler, Condenser and piping and compressor. Pressurize each sub system with nitrogen and monitor the pressure over night. If there's a leak in any sub component, it'll indicate a significant loss of pressure.

Further, if this has happened after re-charging of refrigerant, that can be due to valves in the charging nipples are not closed properly. This can be checked by applying some foam to the charging nipples to see whether any bubbles come out.

Edited by harshansenadhir
  • Like 1

Let me get this straight, you are still using the a/c even though it's not cold=no gas and oil? I suggest you not use it until you get it fixed. If you do, prepare to pay up for a new compressor too.

Also, I agree with harshan, It's a little too early in the TIIDAs life to be considering a condenser leak. It's possible but unlikely. You need to take it to an actual a/c guy that can pressurize the system. The neighborhood monkey with a board that says "AUTO A/C-all repairs" will just end up changing every part till something works out.

• Like 1

Oh yeah and you might want to find a place with a good rep since a/c guys are notorious for ripping people off. Every person here may recommend somebody but at the end of the day even they would not know how badly they were ripped off.

One of the most famous tricks it to let the gas out of the customers vehicle.

• Like 2

Cooler can be repaired. I had few leaks in my cooler and got it repaired for far more less value. But this is not a very reliable as replacing the part because all this could go wrong after a week or if you're lucky after few months. Also I'm amazed with the price of a new cooler. May be it is made in Japan. There are other brands of coolers for less. All this applies if you want to complete the job cheaply.

Also please take a look at the Fans, whether they are working when the A/C is on. One time I loose A/C because of a blown fuse.

Both of the time A/C repair people recommended to buy a new cooler and on second time they ask to replace the condenser as well.

Edited by Chanaka Gunawardena
  • Like 1

Thank you so much gentlemen. you gentlemen are really great. Thank you Defendertdi, Harhsna, Magnum, Chanaka and my good friend Jdnet! :) valuable advises from you guys. I went to another place and they told me that they cant see a leak in the cooler, but would have to replace if the damage to the cooler is substantial. but they quoted Rs. 24000 for the original japan cooler with service charges, refilling with the gas and some valve and other components including filter to be fitted in.

JDNET - I respect you bro, thank you for the advise, I shall not use the AC until its repaired. May God bless you bro and other gentlemen over here :)

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

I also have a problem with AC on my ek3 . I took it to some place at Nugegoda and they mentioned that I have to replace the cooler since it had a leak . They showed me the leask as well. (They pumped air into the cooler and put in a water tank)

The estimated cost for a new cooler including fixing and all that, they queted 28000/-

So I am just wandering if anyone has experience in fixing the leaks on a coolder rather than replacing it.

Please provide any place or contact number if anyone is aware about.

Hi ,

I also have a problem with AC on my ek3 . I took it to some place at Nugegoda and they mentioned that I have to replace the cooler since it had a leak . They showed me the leask as well. (They pumped air into the cooler and put in a water tank)

The estimated cost for a new cooler including fixing and all that, they queted 28000/-

So I am just wandering if anyone has experience in fixing the leaks on a coolder rather than replacing it.

If the evaporator has more than one leak spread across multiple locations, it means the evaporator has started to corrode. In that type of a situation the only real option available is replacement. You could probably try repairing a single leak but mot if there are many.

As for price, get a few quotes from a few places.

• 2 months later...
Hi ,

Hi

I got my AC problem fixed . I spent only 8000/- for the cooler , 1000 for a cabin air filter

and 3500/- to gas and do the rest from a place at Wariyapola (name is Asanka:0716317973)

Total 12500/-

If you are around Kurunegala or in that area worth having a visit.

Anyway its worth not to get caught by these ppl cleaning u up with various reasons.

Its cost me 5000 for the ek3 cooler with thermo sensor from sasmit#a , delkanda about 4 months back. I did rest of my work from a place near Horana and total bill is around 11000 including a new hose,filter. So think twise before going to so called big places.