• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Low Cost Paint

chew

Hi Guys,

i want to giev a new look to my car with a new paint (without changing the colour). Is there any way to do this with a low cost? if so how much will it cost?

Plase advise

'chew',You should inform what is your vehicle and body condition.Minimum labor cost will be Rs: 10000.00 one coat if there is no corrosion and other repairs. Material will cost anything under Rs: 20000.00 depending what paint and other materils what is necessary for the job you choose.Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Guys,

i want to giev a new look to my car with a new paint (without changing the colour). Is there any way to do this with a low cost? if so how much will it cost?

Plase advise

well i repainted my car completely without interior. it cost me around 45k.

it took 15 days.

the painter came to my place everyday. so i had the benefit of inspecting his work.

if you use normal mixed DUCO paint. it would have cost around 30k for the job.

First of all you should say what is your vehicle is.... :sport-smiley-004:

Because interms of cost painting a motor bike will cost less than a bus.... :sport-smiley-004:

Also cheap compromise quality most of the times..... :sad-smiley-068:

actually he has mention its a car

Members,

I got my painter, he did at home. With cheap paint on a Maruti no inside about 15 days back it cost my friend Rs: 20000.00 in 5 days.

KR 41 he did about three months back two coats of 2K paint, it cost him Rs: 35000.00 interior also.

Rupees: 10000.00 to Rupees: 30000.00. All painters charge as labor.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

I got my painter, he did at home. With cheap paint on a Maruti no inside about 15 days back it cost my friend Rs: 20000.00 in 5 days.

KR 41 he did about three months back two coats of 2K paint, it cost him Rs: 35000.00 interior also.

Rupees: 10000.00 to Rupees: 30000.00. All painters charge as labor.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

whats wrong with your font?

I’ve been on the lookout for a place for about a month or so and checked out quite a few places from the so called high tech places around Colombo to individuals who work from home. My top priority was to get the car to look as good as new without cutting corners, so I was willing to spend a few extra bucks on the job.

The big shots in Colombo who have paint booths and high tech equipment quoted 130,000 for the paint job. (Breakdown: 8000 per panel * 13 panels which comes to 104,000 + other repairs specific to my car)

The lowest estimate that I was given was 50,000 and I did not settle for that because I thought the quality of their work was not up to my expectations.

I finally settled for a place that gave me an estimate of 90,000. They have a modern paint booth and are using Sikkens paint. The car is going for paint next week and will be there for 2 weeks.

My opinion is that you shouldn’t be having “high” expectations out of a “low” cost paint job. And if you really want a “new look”, the best thing to do is focus on the quality aspects of the job, as opposed to cost cutting. :)

• Like 2

I finally settled for a place that gave me an estimate of 90,000. They have a modern paint booth and are using Sikkens paint. The car is going for paint next week and will be there for 2 weeks.

Let us know how it works out mate, is this place in Kohuwala? Asking 'cos I had a similar requirement for my father's car and narrowed it down to one place in Kohuwala and one in Kandana. Still to give the go ahead for it.

So wht could be the best paint.. If we are taking the paint job from outside (Not from Agents)?

Let us know how it works out mate, is this place in Kohuwala? Asking 'cos I had a similar requirement for my father's car and narrowed it down to one place in Kohuwala and one in Kandana. Still to give the go ahead for it.

Sure. Will do! This place is in Kaduwela. It's a 15 minute drive from where I live, so I am able to pay a daily visit there to see how it's going. I checked out a place in Kandana as well and I was reluctant to go there because of the long distance. Might be the same place. Hope it goes well with your father's car. :)

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 8/28/2012 at 11:37 AM, Davy said:

Davy please let me know what exactly this place is.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/28/2012 at 12:24 PM, Davy said:

Sure. Will do! This place is in Kaduwela. It's a 15 minute drive from where I live, so I am able to pay a daily visit there to see how it's going. I checked out a place in Kandana as well and I was reluctant to go there because of the long distance. Might be the same place. Hope it goes well with your father's car. :)

Dear Davy, Could you be kind enough to let me know the place of this painter. I would be very much obliged.

7 hours ago, Splat said:

Dear Davy, Could you be kind enough to let me know the place of this painter. I would be very much obliged.

Wow this was a long time ago. It used to be called SHA Auto Spa or something back then, and I remember the business changing hands and going through a rebranding several years ago. I just checked on Google StreetView and it seems to be called Senu Lanka. Not sure of their quality now or if they do painting at all. 

Edited by Davy
  • Thanks 1

Knowledge never gets old my friend :D. Thank you for your kind response. I was just about to mention your name on a new topic about types and brands of automotive paint in Sri Lanka. Thank you for walking the extra mile by taking the trouble to Google street view finding the place for me, That’s very kind of you. Wish you all the best with your projects and ventures.