• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Factory Fitted Remote Key Does Not Work. Now What Pls ?.....

DVT

Question

Dear all,

Some water had gone into the remote key and stopped working.

A regular service got it back to working state but again went dead after a week. Checked it again and seems dead.

Called the Agent (AXW) and realised the replace cost is around Rs. 35 ,000 ( unit 30k+5k for programming ). TOO Expensive it seems ..........

Then called Sxn LaxKA to see if they can repair. It seems thay cannot but can replace a new unit at a cost of 7.5 k.

Pls help me with this.

Can someone repair my remote key ?

I like to keep the remote key as it came with vehicle rather than carrying additional tag. (I am planning to sell the vehicle in December).

What Can I do now pls.

Edited by DVT

10 answers to this question

whats the car? usually you can buy em for cheap on amazon or ebay. In most cases, you should be able to program the remote yourself in a couple of seconds.

My vehicle didn't come with a remote and while I was installing the radio I came across the factory fitted receiver in the dash. I ordered the remote off amazon and all it took to program it was to cycle the ignition five times and hit the button on the remote.

Edited by jdnet

whats the car? usually you can buy em for cheap on amazon or ebay. In most cases, you should be able to program the remote yourself in a couple of seconds.

My vehicle didn't come with a remote and while I was installing the radio I came across the factory fitted receiver in the dash. I ordered the remote off amazon and all it took to program it was to cycle the ignition five times and hit the button on the remote.

Wow this is a news for me.

My vehicle is Bluebird sylphy 2004 model.

How did it come. With the key or only the circuit board...............

As you know it has both the metal key and the remote unit. How did you manage to embed the circuit into your key.

what do you mean by "embed the circuit into your key"?

is the remote a part of the key or does your key have a chip for an immobilizer?

Does the remote look like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NISSAN-SENTRA-KEYLESS-ENTRY-REMOTE-PROG-2004-2006-CWTWB1U429-/230819178144?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2004%7CMake%3ANissan%7CModel%3ASentra&hash=item35bde526a0&vxp=mtr#ht_1705wt_1037

If you can post a picture of your remote and key it would be helpful.

what do you mean by "embed the circuit into your key"?

is the remote a part of the key or does your key have a chip for an immobilizer?

Does the remote look like this?

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_1705wt_1037

If you can post a picture of your remote and key it would be helpful.

Sorry if I confused you. It's just a typical remote key comes with a circuit inside the key. I have found a similar key picture and attached herewith.

Edited by DVT

DVT,

Try call Mr.Dilantha Karagala on Mobile 0777320871, if he can he will solve your problem.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Thanks for the help.

Spoke to him and ....... no chance . he says which cannot be repaired........need to het down the unit from agents.which cost you 35k

https://www.apollo-a...emote-key-shell

The very first key... with orange color background

ah so you are talking about the key with an integrated remote. Should not be a problem finding one. The key would just be a blank that you can get cut anywhere. Basically if the remote and looks exactly the same as yours and made for the same brand of car (model won't really matter much as the same remote can be used for many cars in the same model year), you will not have a problem.

What you are looking at is only the blank key and shell. If you look around you should be able to find plenty with the circuit for the remote in it. I'll take a look and see what I come up with.

My first question though is do you have a immobilizer in the car? If you can use keys that were cut anywhere and not programmed, then you don't have one. If you have an immobilizer you would need to get it programmed from A*W. Eitherway you will save a bunch getting down the keys yourself.

ah so you are talking about the key with an integrated remote. Should not be a problem finding one. The key would just be a blank that you can get cut anywhere. Basically if the remote and looks exactly the same as yours and made for the same brand of car (model won't really matter much as the same remote can be used for many cars in the same model year), you will not have a problem.

What you are looking at is only the blank key and shell. If you look around you should be able to find plenty with the circuit for the remote in it. I'll take a look and see what I come up with.

My first question though is do you have a immobilizer in the car? If you can use keys that were cut anywhere and not programmed, then you don't have one. If you have an immobilizer you would need to get it programmed from A*W. Eitherway you will save a bunch getting down the keys yourself.

Thank you so much for your valuable thoughts