Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0
Banuka

Good Place To Repair Door Winder And Door Lock (Negombo, Gampaha, Colombo)

Question

All,

This may be posted earlier but I was not able to find it here. Is there any good place to repair the door winders and the door locks in my civic EK3. rear winders seems bit tight. it is moving very slowly when the button is pressed. and the when I'm locking the door I hear the sound from the lock and it moves in very small amounts. So I think central lock mechanism is working fine. I think the problem is with blocked door lock. Is there any good place you guys can suggest around Gampaha, Negombo and Colombo area to fix this issue.

Thnx in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Banuka,

Try at L.P.Gunaratne at Darly Road. Almost close on oposite side of St Joseph College they have their repair section at fire brigade road end close to Deans Road.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Banuka,

Try at L.P.Gunaratne at Darly Road. Almost close on oposite side of St Joseph College they have their repair section at fire brigade road end close to Deans Road.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

are they working on power shutters and central locks? I heard they are expert on beeding and stuff from another thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

are they working on power shutters and central locks? I heard they are expert on beeding and stuff from another thread.

There's a place in delkada, towards maharagama just as you pass the delkada sathosa on your left you'll see a big yellow board saying Windshields. Does quality work but takes waay too much time!

Edited by CyRaX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Banuka,

Try at L.P.Gunaratne at Darly Road. Almost close on oposite side of St Joseph College they have their repair section at fire brigade road end close to Deans Road.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi,

I won't recommend them for any job. You might remember I mentioned in the forum how they have destroyed my power winder!!!!

Go to L.P.Gunaratne if you want to buy a new winder and a door lock, because they will not let you to repair it even from other place..

Good luck..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Banuka,

I had a similar issue and went for L.P. Gunarathna. Thing is you have to stay behind their technicians to get it done in the best way.

E.g. the rear shutter of my FB 15 was very slow and noisy to operate. The technician checked the mechanism and told me it is needed to replace the total unit. The fault was in the holding mechanism of commutator slip rings of the motor, which costs a fraction of the complete unit. So I told them to fix it as it is if they cannot repair it and I'll get the job done from else where. Then the tech gave it a try and did the repair. Finally I got the repair done at around Rs. 800/= other wise which would be something around Rs. 15,000/=

So you should know what's going on when you are at a place which is completely alien to you; otherwise they will rip you off. it is better to get it done through the garage guy you are familiar with, or else ask these people to first do a trouble shoot with details if you are competent enough to understand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

It sounds like the winder mechanism needs a bit of servicing (cleaning and oiling up). It's a DIY if you're up for it. :)

There's a guy in Thalawathugoda town who does door specific repairs (central locking, power windows, power mirrors etc.). I have not been to the place personally but a couple of my friends got their doors fixed up by him (Toyota CR41 and Mazda BJ5P) and told me that he was OK. Let me know if you need his contact details.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Bumping the thread

Can anyone recommend a place to get the locks repaired as the front door left side cannot be opened with key from outside,drivers side door cannot be locked with the key,hence need to lock it by pressing locking latch and to oen the key works (it was like it when the car was bought)

any reasonable place in Colombo esp near Nuegoda are is great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

There 's a place at Wijerama Junction, close to pola (weekly fair). Name m.. m..forgotten... some sort of windscreen place(small joint). There's an expert and charges are very reasonable. He did a good repair job of my ex....Carina door locks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Bro. Try it out with ruwan at rext*n motors. Located in darly road, turn right from the colour light at fire brigrade by excel world. just 10m from the junction it is in left side of the road adjacent to auto AC center. Very reliable guy, never exploit all your money. I got 2 of my winders repaired by him, works perfectly well. good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Bro. Try it out with ruwan at rext*n motors. Located in darly road, turn right from the colour light at fire brigrade by excel world. just 10m from the junction it is in left side of the road adjacent to auto AC center. Very reliable guy, never exploit all your money. I got 2 of my winders repaired by him, works perfectly well. good luck.

does he do door locks too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
does he do door locks too?

NOt sure bro. BUt if within his capability he will does so defa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
There 's a place at Wijerama Junction, close to pola (weekly fair). Name m.. m..forgotten... some sort of windscreen place(small joint). There's an expert and charges are very reasonable. He did a good repair job of my ex....Carina door locks.

Hi, went to the place recently to fix all cylinder door locks of a old corolla wagon. Needed to repair 4 cylinder locks . this is what they did and you decide whether to go or not to go there.

1. Went there at about 11 am returned at about 5pm waited for a whole 6 hrs and still couldn't get the job done ( only 2 door locks were fixed). So had to go there next day. I left the other door locks with them for the next day after promising to finish up next day. I was expecting to wait but not for 6 hrs. Charged me 3000 thats 750 per lock.

2. Next day after calling them went there in the afternoon and staight away they fixed the locks. I thought finally the job was done but checks revealed 2 locks are still not proper. It seemed like they haven't done anything on the second day but just fixed it. Told the guy then and there and he was clueless didn't know what to do. Then aked me "can you come another day?"

Didn't want to argue with those guys about the job, it will only make me nervous in the end. So I got off of that place saying to them in my mind "pinata thiyaganin" and never will want to go there.

So far I have no idea what to do for the locks. I don't know whether i can buy new ones.

They may have done good jobs, but never in my case. If they cant do they shouldn't have accepted the job.

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Guys,

I have some work to be done on my front winders but wish to remove the door cards myself before taking it to the shop as I am not happy about how these guys carelessly remove / pull out door handles and card/s.

My question is, between the door card and the frame there is a water resistant polythene layer pasted and what is the safest way to remove this (and paste back) without damage. I haven't tried to remove it yet but not sure if the gum can be reused with the same polythene layer.

Any advice will be appreciated :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 22/09/2017 at 7:48 PM, Croozer said:

Guys,

I have some work to be done on my front winders but wish to remove the door cards myself before taking it to the shop as I am not happy about how these guys carelessly remove / pull out door handles and card/s.

My question is, between the door card and the frame there is a water resistant polythene layer pasted and what is the safest way to remove this (and paste back) without damage. I haven't tried to remove it yet but not sure if the gum can be reused with the same polythene layer.

Any advice will be appreciated :)

 

You should be able to reuse the existing butyl tape (a few times actually) . Just be careful when you remove the polythene sheet. Start from a corner and gently pull the polythene out, making your way around the edge.

Safely store the polythene, making sure it doesn't stick to anything, and make sure the car's interior doesn't come into contact with the bare door as there will be some butyl tape left on the door. They're damn hard to get off stuff like fabric seats.

If I were you, I'd take the car with the moisture barrier and let the garage handle removing it and putting it back. The winder might be accessible just  by removing part of the polythene, without taking the entire thing out. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 hours ago, Davy said:

You should be able to reuse the existing butyl tape (a few times actually) . Just be careful when you remove the polythene sheet. Start from a corner and gently pull the polythene out, making your way around the edge.

Safely store the polythene, making sure it doesn't stick to anything, and make sure the car's interior doesn't come into contact with the bare door as there will be some butyl tape left on the door. They're damn hard to get off stuff like fabric seats.

If I were you, I'd take the car with the moisture barrier and let the garage handle removing it and putting it back. The winder might be accessible just  by removing part of the polythene, without taking the entire thing out. 

Thanks Davy for this detailed response, appreciated very much. As you suggested I am happy to take it as it is to the shop so that they can remove only required areas to access the winder mechansim. I have to get a central locking system installed as well so may be I can get both these jobs done the same day. Thanks again mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 8/27/2012 at 9:27 AM, Davy said:

It sounds like the winder mechanism needs a bit of servicing (cleaning and oiling up). It's a DIY if you're up for it. :)

There's a guy in Thalawathugoda town who does door specific repairs (central locking, power windows, power mirrors etc.). I have not been to the place personally but a couple of my friends got their doors fixed up by him (Toyota CR41 and Mazda BJ5P) and told me that he was OK. Let me know if you need his contact details.

If you have contact number of the man please let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 hours ago, onlineasa said:

If you have contact number of the man please let me know

Sorry mate, I'm out of the country at the moment and I don't have his number. Hopefully another member can help you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×