• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Motor Insuarance

Niroshan.liyanage

I am not working for any insurance company and don't have any affiliations to any motor related industry. I too had a bad experience with J A N A S H A K T H I and now I insure my vehicles with S R I L A N K A I N S U R A N C E and twice I have had accidents. Both times I called the Insurer and they sent a representative who took pictures and had me fill a form, after which he said I can give my car for repairs. I gave the vehicle to the agents, and even got rental car till the repair is done, and the insurance company paid the bill directly to the agent (inclusive of the rental) and all I had to do was pick up my vehicle and return the rental. Very good service and the only cost to me was like 4 telephone calls.

I agree that their premiums are a bit high but i feel its fully worth it considering how hassle free and stress free the whole procedure was.

Edited by RoshanD

kushan,

As I do a Automobile service related to your problem, the best Insurance company so far I have come across when claims are concern is Celinco Insurance.

I am not advertising this is purely sharing my experience.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Couldnt agree more, except for the high premium, never had any issue when making claims for the last 4yrs.

Couldnt agree more, except for the high premium, never had any issue when making claims for the last 4yrs.

Yep, theres a hole in every cheap product.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Guys,

Accident has happened 2 month ago, and then and there I called the Insurance company and filled up the form given by assessor at the scene. But did not do the repair yet.

My insurance expired end of last month, and can I still claim for it?

Guys,

Accident has happened 2 month ago, and then and there I called the Insurance company and filled up the form given by assessor at the scene. But did not do the repair yet.

Did you get an estimate from a garage and get it approved from the insurance company within one month? If you didn't get an estimate approved then you cannot claim it now. You need to get the estimate usually approved within one month, once it's approved you can get the actual repair done later (not sure how long you can wait for the repair though)

Guys,

Depends on whether you completed the claim process or not. If you agreed to the assessor's proposal for the claim then you have done your part and entitled to the claim regardless of the status of the insurance now, or if as The Stig has pointed out above, if the assessor advised you to get an estimate but you ignored to comply then you are now at the mercy of the insurer.

Technically, by the letter of the law, the insurer is bound to address all claims brought to notice during the period of insurance, whether the insurance lapsed later or not. IBSL does not mention any timelines for the motor claims to be settled although the timelines need to be reasonable for either party. You sure can pursue the claims, although depending on who the insurer is, they may make you jump through many different hoops.

I have personally claimed for repairs (a couple of days) after the insurance lapsed and well over 10 months after the incident.

• 1 year later...

My premium from j********i has been increased by 8k this time due to the excessive amount of claims I have taken.. however i have claimed for almost everywhere in the car, but never painted them as it were scratch marks which I could live with.. so I didnt show them the car, after obtaining the claims etc. so even if i have my car knocked somewhere again, they wouldnt pass me any claims yeah... So do you think still I should go ahead with Janshakthi? what would be the next best option if I am to go with a different insurance.. ?

You are a insurer's nightmare, aren't you? If your current insurer has given you a proper service so far I do not see a reason to go for another. It is just that your risk rating has gone up for obvious reasons. Get a quote from another one and compare.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Quiet said:

See people always complain that insurers are not paying claims properly etc etc. I think it has some thing to do with customers also trying to dupe insurers. I think a little honesty will go a long way in correcting all these problems

See I didn't do anything unethical or what's not right... I pay for my insurance, and once I receive the claim money, its upto me to decide whether to fix the car with that claim money or to keep it.. either way the insurance company has to pay whether i fix my car or not.. if i dont fix, they will not pay for the next claim. So there is nothing wrong here eh? :)