• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Led Bulbs

forever_benz

Hello friends,

Anybody know of any good place to buy LED bulbs? Some places are quoting as much as Rs. 8500 for a single LED bulb and I'm not sure if that is an ok price for a LED? Any help will be much appreciated.

Hello friends,

Anybody know of any good place to buy LED bulbs? Some places are quoting as much as Rs. 8500 for a single LED bulb and I'm not sure if that is an ok price for a LED? Any help will be much appreciated.

8500 for an LED.. ? :speechless-smiley-004: just try ebay.

Hello friends,

What type of LEDs are you looking for?

Forever_benz,

Originally LED bulbs were very expensive in the world USA did the first Research and development for commercial use many years ago. After China got into the market with mass production costs dropped drastically.

You can try at 1st cross street there are number of electrical shops selling the LED complete fittings. It is better to go first to Komisiripala,s Boralesgamuwa Maharagama road shop and get their costs to compare with Pettah shops.

I got down 2 H/L Bulbs from E bay that do not give a beam only spread the light near by driving area.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Forever_benz,

Originally LED bulbs were very expensive in the world USA did the first Research and development for commercial use many years ago. After China got into the market with mass production costs dropped drastically.

He didn't ask for a history lesson. We all know how to use google.

Thank you everyone for replying in quick time. Even the long life time and electricity savings cant justify the price of 8500. I'm particularly interested in LED to light up my work place with a tall ceiling. LED's with cone shaped reflectors could fulfill my requirements. LED flash light is my main requirement. I'm also interested in LED's for my vehicle. parking/head lights. not sure if that is possible though. Thank you sylvi and komisiripala for recommending places. I will go and check them out and hopefully I can find some at a reasonable price.

Thank you everyone for replying in quick time. Even the long life time and electricity savings cant justify the price of 8500. I'm particularly interested in LED to light up my work place with a tall ceiling. LED's with cone shaped reflectors could fulfill my requirements. LED flash light is my main requirement. I'm also interested in LED's for my vehicle. parking/head lights. not sure if that is possible though. Thank you sylvi and komisiripala for recommending places. I will go and check them out and hopefully I can find some at a reasonable price.

Get a CFL. Cheap LEDs will just burn out fast.

Edited by jdnet

'forever_benz,

Parking LED lights for your car can be bought at Panchikawathe. I bought them near three wheel spares shops at the junction on road to base line road. for Rs. 400.00 each as they came that shop sells only Led bulbs. Now I think they have come down in cost.

I have modified the H/L and fixed a LED one bulb even the existing H/L Bulb burns off still there will be some light so that Police will not prosecute me for not having lighted H/L lamp.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

As for the workplace LED bulbs, I see an advertisement every week on the @DZ magazine of the Sund@y Obs3rv3r. They had advertised several shapes as well. And I don't remember the price being as high as 8500. Check it out.

CFL is the better option cause they come with a warranty, but if you are still keen on LED's 1st cross street in petta is where you should be looking for. The place is flooded with lighting equipment stores, (bought lights, and shades etc for our entire house from these shops) and prices are good and contrary to popular belief never had any issue with any products bought from there and the ones that were faulty were replaced without any hassle.

As for the led's for the headlights that really wont do you any good, maybe for the fog lights but a xenon hid kit is a far better option for your car.

Edited by The Stig

Thanks everyone for the replies once again. I went to Abans yesterday and the cheapest bulb available with them was Rs. 2650. They have down lights priced at Rs. 10650. 50W (CFL equivalent is about 200W) flash light cost Rs. 20,000. Wayyy off my budget. so much for LED bulbs. on stigs recommendation, i will take a look at a few shops in pettah to see if they have anything cheaper in store for me. i have given up on search for LED's for the car as they can not get as brighter than a HID kit.