• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Restore Faded Plastic Black Colour Again?

dpbatagoda

Question

Hi Dudes,

The plastic part under the windscreen has been mis-coloured due to some chemical at the polishing and I want to restore it back to original black colour. What are the good product for it and where can I buy it?

I heard that peanut butter is good for this

Any ideas?

Is this product available in SL;

http://www.carcleaningguru.com/product-reviews/meguiars-ultimate-black-plastic-restorer.php

12 answers to this question

It says that it will last for around 6 months.

I purchased the peanut butter 500ml bottle for Rs. 500 from Keels super applied it to the faded plastic part below the windscreen. Instantly it looked like brand new plastic. I thought this might become faded again with the car wash, amazingly it become better after the wash, I made sure that I don't rub car washes much on those areas and I gently clean it. I am not sure what will happen after few washes,

trust me it looks like brand new plastics now with nice shine on it.

Folks, peanut butter works well for the faded plastic. I have done the car wash after few hours and the plastic parts looks like brand new.

Good to know that, I wonder whether it works on the beadings as well..... :alc:

Hey guys, for those who tried this, can someone tell me how long the peanut butter shine/restoration lasts?

My bike's fender's paint started chipping off badly, so rather than repaint it i wanna try revive the plastic's original shine.. Only thing holding me back is not knowing if it will last long.

Edited by Watchman