• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Axio.is It A Really Good Car?

alpha17

Nowadays axio has become one of the most best selling cars in sl.but due after a deep inspection i found that it is not that much amazing 2 hit the top of sl market due 2 these reasons.

-interior is done using very cheap materials(even in the luxel)

-less space

-less options

-boring look

do you agree?

Nowadays axio has become one of the most best selling cars in sl.but due after a deep inspection i found that it is not that much amazing 2 hit the top of sl market due 2 these reasons.

-less space

-less options

-boring look

do you agree?

+ No RPM Meter even :) [but don't know whether available in highest grades]

-less space

-less options

-boring look

do you agree?

Yes agree........only good is fuel economy, Toyota reliability............but still it is so overpriced. The basic X series even does not carry a RPM meter.

The Car mudalali has glorified the Corrollas as the final thing and pinnacle........

I have seen some people whom think a Corolla is the ultimate........

But I will never dispute the reliability, fuel economy, basic A to B practicality, easy maintenance etc.. In that sense it is a good car to have.......

Truely i'd like 2 name this topic as an EYEOPENER.while u spend above 4 mil 4 an axio ,you can buy a 121 which lacks only

-push start

-tiptronic

-smart key

-and projector head lamps

for a less price.but they 2 r ovrpriced

• Like 1

-less space

-less options

-boring look

do you agree?

Except for reason #4 I agree with you mate. To me, Axio looks better than 121 and 141

Truely i'd like 2 name this topic as an EYEOPENER.while u spend above 4 mil 4 an axio ,you can buy a 121 which lacks only

-push start

-tiptronic

-smart key

-and projector head lamps

for a less price.but they 2 r ovrpriced

Our eyes have always been open. Pointless thread.

• Like 4

This is nothing new. Toyota's reputation for reliability, re-sale value and most of the time (I've heard that the 141 isn't great[?]) fuel economy see that it succeeds. This is because most consumers' priorities are these things and Toyota has acted accordingly in their product development and marketing.

It's the unadventurous safe bet and these buyers would fall in among the most risk averse people around.

Things like driving pleasure and good looks are either unimportant to these buyers or don't hit their radar at all.

In behavioral studies marketers segment consumer groups into Trend Setters, Early adopters, Followers and Lagards. The Corolla buyers will most definitely fall into the latter two categories. This is where the volumes are and it's like a pyramid, holding more numbers at the base. Toyota have understood this perfectly. Added to this there is not many ways for consumers to get knowledgeable on cars in SL. I mean there are no Sinhalese publications and if you don't know English the internet is more or less out of bounds.

That said there are highly educated, English conversant so called high income group people who also seem attracted to the prospect of owning such cars. One good example is a guy I know. He owns several rare classic cars, so he's quite a knowledgeable guy.

However his grasp on what makes a car nice to drive is at the opposite end of what someone like me would value. When the Axio first hit the showrooms he went for a test drive and it was love at first steer. And he immediately bought two! One for him and one for his parents.

He was so over the moon with it that every I time we met in a crowd he would go on and on parsing the bloody thing to a point where I began to doubt if I was too prejudiced (I had driven a 141 and I'll reserve my comments in case I upset anyone here ;))

He even went on to say that the Axio offered everything that the C-180 offered :rolleyes: . At 30km/h which maybe his average and mind switched off maybe that point holds.

Then I drove one. Again I'll reserve my comments in case I tread on anyone's pride and joy. But you get my drift..... ;)

Let's just say the difference between that and say a Mazda 3 is quite vast.

• Like 8

-less space

-less options

-boring look

do you agree?

Let A to B people buy this crap. Why do we have to waste time over this?

We can buy nice cars at cheap prices thanks to these fools...

When the Axio first hit the showrooms he went for a test drive and it was love at first steer. And he immediately bought two! One for him and one for his parents.

:-O (fainted)

In behavioral studies marketers segment consumer groups into Trend Setters, Early adopters, Followers and Lagards. The Corolla buyers will most definitely fall into the latter two categories. This is where the volumes are and it's like a pyramid, holding more numbers at the base. Toyota have understood this perfectly. Added to this there is not many ways for consumers to get knowledgeable on cars in SL. I mean there are no Sinhalese publications and if you don't know English the internet is more or less out of bounds.

Then I drove one. Again I'll reserve my comments in case I tread on anyone's pride and joy. But you get my drift..... ;)

Let's just say the difference between that and say a Mazda 3 is quite vast.

+++1.

This is pretty much one of the most educated posts/sum-ups I’ve seen in AL after a long time. :)

I used to condemn Toyota`s (especially corolla`s) and thought I’ll never ever drive one of those. Then I did buy one. I couldn’t live with it for more than 4 months, but it`s clear why the thing is selling in bucket loads. It`s ridiculous to call them generally ‘crap’.!, there`s nothing “crap” about Toyota`s, but well planned conservative engineering to capture market share, nothing more..!

I believe this is not common to developing countries only; the Corolla and the Camry are two of the best-selling models in Australia (in a country where thumping V8`s are adored generally, but still a small minority of car buyers would actually live with one on daily basis). Heck even the V6 Camry handles like a cargo ship when compared to say an Accord Euro. But they still sell, the average Joe just want`s a car that`s cheap to service and runs forever. And the average Joe gets very frustrated even when there`s a minor electrical niggle to attend to...

Edited by MrCat
  • Like 2

What I feel is there is nothing called good or bad car all are subjective. definitely corolla is not the best car (we still own three corolla).

It is just corolla/Toyota fulfill the requirement of the most people, most of the requirement are fuel economy, ample spares, resalle value, etc

I too really like euros like Peugeot, BMW and Benz and love to inspire them but bit reluctant to own.

In my case I live 180 km away from Colombo and there is almost no place to buy spares for euros but this is different at Colombo or major cities.

So it is not nice to called "Toyota/Nissan" mentality we know those euros are far ahead from jap when comes handling, quality interior, options and probably the looks.

• Like 1

Mazda3/Axela handles sweet but the 1.5/1.6L variants are too sluggish (poor acceleration). Couple of my friends who previously had ES Civics upgraded Mazda3 with high hopes and then soon got rid of them because of poor acceleration. I am quite sure Mazda3 is even slower than Axio in terms of acceleration.

<<facepalm>>

IJ, you're such a slut you know... you buy a brand and suddenly that's the BEST brand ever.. wasnt that the situation with your chop-shop honda city? then the Cefiro? then your Subaru? And now your Toyota? Do you have some inferiority complex that you need to prove to total strangers that you drive the best car ever?

• Like 1

@Watchman: why don't you beg for a Mazda3 of one of your friends and try to prove me wrong instead? BDW looser how old are you anyway?

Actually off the top of my head I dont have any friends who own a mazda 3.. in fact most of them take the bus/train. Anyway, if you want to be proven wrong I'm sure it wont be hard for you to find a mazda owner somewhere.

As for my age lets say i'm old enough...