• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Playstation Or X-Box

Newbi

Hi, I want to buy a Playstation or a X-Box for my Daughter who is 6 and Son who is 5. I need help in deciding which the better optionis in terms of availability of games for the above ages and also which gaming device supports girly type of games for my daughter.

Thanks

you can also consider pc for them because pc have more wide range of games available for those ages and in the plus side those games don't required high end pc.

360 with kinect too might be good!

using the game pad might be too complicated for a kid of that age.

A PC too is a good option like many have said. Or one of those vtech laptops for kids....

Buy a Wii for your kids. They're fun and the games have almost no learning curve at all. Plus the fact that you get the motion controller in the box (equivalent XBOX 360 Kinect or PS3 sex toy ice cream cone Move controller is an extra, or the bundle costs way more). The very fact that physical interaction is built into the Wii will mean that your kids will be moving around a lot when using it, where as the other two's motion controllers are still very much a novelty item and not much (I have used a Kinect before returning it). Thus, you'll prevent them from becoming couch potatoes and they wont hog the games for hours on end ignoring everything else, they'll want to turn it off once they get tired.

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 1

Kids love Wii ... you won't be disappointed. However, if you're also a gamer (then u might not be asking the forum about it!) who loves adult games with more depth in play and more SFX, ps3 move bundle would be a better choice given blu ray, better mature games, better graphics etc.

If it's just for kids, I would get a wii.

• 2 months later...

Guys, if you hv contacts of PS3 technicians or 'modders' who could downgrade ofw and jailbreak (other than Ch*m*l), pls do share or PM.

Also looking for a PS3 with ofw 3.55 or one even already Jailbroken - do pass on any leads.

TIA

360 with kinect too might be good!

using the game pad might be too complicated for a kid of that age.

A PC too is a good option like many have said. Or one of those vtech laptops for kids....

I have Kinect with 360. Yeah, kinect games are ideal for kids. Also they are a good workout for anyone lol

• 2 years later...

My wife's bugging me to get a xbox kinec cos she wants to play dance central. I never believed in spending on consoles when you can play on your computer. Either way I'm gonna be buying one soon.

So from what I understand the xbox 360 is the older model and xbox 1 is the newer one. Dance central works on both, but the good car games are on the xbox1. So I'm wondering if i should get get the xbox 360 (which is about $400) or get a xbox1 (around $740) which would benefit me too :D

And how about games? Any much are they gonna set me back? :D

My wife's bugging me to get a xbox kinec cos she wants to play dance central. I never believed in spending on consoles when you can play on your computer. Either way I'm gonna be buying one soon.

So from what I understand the xbox 360 is the older model and xbox 1 is the newer one. Dance central works on both, but the good car games are on the xbox1. So I'm wondering if i should get get the xbox 360 (which is about $400) or get a xbox1 (around $740) which would benefit me too :D

lol !! No idea what dance central is dude, but I'm splitting my sides laughing. The thought of the ole motocross biker whose world was all about : "Oh what sprocket and chain combo works best? / I need knobby tires for better traction etc" Now losing sleep over some dance-dance console game tickles me pink! Oh boy! How times have changed :D

Okay, let me contain myself a bit and throw some 'man logic' your way: Get the xbox1. Wifey wants to dance-dance central = good time to blame shit on her and buy the most expensive, feature rich gaming console you can get away with while racking up major brownie points.

So get the xbox1 or better still: Wait till Christmas and buy her the xbox1 one as a present and kill THREE birds with one stone.

Edited by Kavvz

Nintendo Wii has lost market share so rapidly i don't think there is any hope for it.

And the lack of a HDMI out on Will really kills it in today's HDTV environment.

Between Xbox360 and PS3 the decision will be based on what your usage plan is.

If it is heavy gaming using controllers, then PS3 would be better than xbox360 both in user experience and game availability.

But if you are interested in motion games, Xbox360 beats the PS3 handsdown and the controller-less experience in Xbox360 is more intuitive.

But the downside of Xbox360 is the lack of Blu-ray Capability.

But if you can go for an Xbox one that would negate most of the downsides of the Xbox360..

lol !! No idea what dance central is dude, but I'm splitting my sides laughing. The thought of the ole motocross biker whose world was all about : "Oh what sprocket and chain combo works best? / I need knobby tires for better traction etc" Now losing sleep over some dance-dance console game tickles me pink! Oh boy! How times have changed :D

Okay, let me contain myself a bit and throw some 'man logic' your way: Get the xbox1. Wifey wants to dance-dance central = good time to blame shit on her and buy the most expensive, feature rich gaming console you can get away with while racking up major brownie points.

So get the xbox1 or better still: Wait till Christmas and buy her the xbox1 one as a present and kill THREE birds with one stone.

Well, it's this 'game' where there's a character on screen who dances to songs and you have to emulate those moves as accurately as possible, based on which you are given a score. (you can find some vides on youtube too) It's just one step away from dancing barbies if you ask me.

She's been asking for a Kinek for a while so I guess it's time I give in. I spend a fair bit on my bike related hobbies, and couple of weeks ago I had a fall n sprained my knee badly, so it's a bit hard to defend my innocent hobby of biking at this point :D And like you said, I might as well enjoy it. Hence the decision to go for one.

And based on B2B Spirit's response looks like XBox1 is the better long term investment. I also read that the ONE's Kinec is better in terms of sensitivity and wider sensing angle.

Another couple of questions:

#1- Is this region specific? NTSC / PAL wise? Effectively is it cheaper to get it in the US?

#2 - Do you need to pay a monthly subscription for a Xbox live 'connection'? I saw that if you buy a console u get 1 month free membership (implying that afterwards it's not free)

#3 - I saw that games range in $60-80 range.. Is this an accurate estimate?

#4 - Last but not least, I see that most consoles come with either FIFA or Assasin Creed as the default game.. Is there option to get one with a different game? (car game to be specific ;) )

Another couple of questions:

#1- Is this region specific? NTSC / PAL wise? Effectively is it cheaper to get it in the US?

#2 - Do you need to pay a monthly subscription for a Xbox live 'connection'? I saw that if you buy a console u get 1 month free membership (implying that afterwards it's not free)

#3 - I saw that games range in $60-80 range.. Is this an accurate estimate?

#4 - Last but not least, I see that most consoles come with either FIFA or Assasin Creed as the default game.. Is there option to get one with a different game? (car game to be specific ;) )

Go for the Xbone.The motion detection(used for dancing games) on it is far superior than any other console.That is high praise coming from a Playstation fan.Plus the xbox is more of a all in one multimedia device than a hardcore gaming device so it is best for casual gamers who only play a couple of games.

Are you sure it's 750 dollars.cos even in SL the Xbox one is like 65000/-.

And the answers to you questions..

1.No it's region free.

2.Yes.It's around 80 dollars per year.But that is for online gaming only.You don't need it to stream Netflix or browse the internet.

3.Yes...I usually wait for a few months from launch and get them used for cheap.

4.There is a Forza 5 bundle for Xbox one...Sadly no Gran Turismo cos that is a Playstation exclusive.

Edited by MasterDon

tell us the truth... it is not for her right? :)

I would go with Playstation, cuz I see most people in SL have PS than Xbox so it will be easier to trade/exchange games between each other(mind you games for both consoles arent cheap)

And Playstaion also has an epic car game which is direct competitor to the Forza known as Gran Turismo

I would go with Playstation, cuz I see most people in SL have PS than Xbox so it will be easier to trade/exchange games between each other(mind you games for both consoles arent cheap)

And Playstaion also has an epic car game which is direct competitor to the Forza known as Gran Turismo

Mr and Mrs Watchman are in S'pore so they'll have no trouble finding other Xboner players...but you're right,very few xbox players in SL.

Speaking of consoles,Couldnt reccomend the Vita more,amazing piece of kit.I stopped playing games on it a couple of weeks after I got it but as a web browser and a video player its amazing...most of my posts here are uploaded from it.

Edited by MasterDon

Mr and Mrs Watchman are in S'pore so they'll have no trouble finding other Xboner players...but you're right,very few xbox players in SL.

Speaking of consoles,Couldnt reccomend the Vita more,amazing piece of kit.I stopped playing games on it a couple of weeks after I got it but as a web browser and a video player its amazing...most of my posts here are uploaded from it.

Xbox one is abut 450 with Kinect in US. You can buy one for 350 without a Kinect. X’box one is more family oriented. Any body can play it. You, your wife, kids & friends.. Games for any one. But PS is more of Hard core gamer. Additionally Xbox one is very popular in US than PS4. so PS days could be numbered.

stick to playstation i saw recently a 500gig one advertised for 38K in MC. US would be the cheapest (250 - 300 range) source but if something goes wrong you`d be stuck for options. also depends on what games you like xbox had gears of war which was exclusive to that in it self an amazing game but apart from that PS would also have enough and more playable on its platform. COD GTA and so on. Id personally stick to the PS but if im given one free i`d take any of them.

stick to playstation i saw recently a 500gig one advertised for 38K in MC. US would be the cheapest (250 - 300 range) source but if something goes wrong you`d be stuck for options. also depends on what games you like xbox had gears of war which was exclusive to that in it self an amazing game but apart from that PS would also have enough and more playable on its platform. COD GTA and so on. Id personally stick to the PS but if im given one free i`d take any of them.

In US a PS4 500gig is normally around $400 (Eg - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-4-500gb-black-friday-bundle-black/8637183.p?id=1219365658942&skuId=8637183). I'm not sure whether this helps or not, As of I know in many leading IT companies in SL people come to US for short term. If you know any friend you could ask them to bring.

Since we are talking about gaming consoles let a ask a small question about TV's. Have anyone bring down TVs from US? Do you face any issues as US use NTSC? Also one of my friend told me that you have to pay tax if you bring more than 32inch TV. Anyone has any idea about this? On another point i don't think voltage is not a big issue as voltage convertets are not that expensive.

Edited by kmeeg

In US a PS4 500gig is normally around $400 (Eg - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-4-500gb-black-friday-bundle-black/8637183.p?id=1219365658942&skuId=8637183). I'm not sure whether this helps or not, As of I know in many leading IT companies in SL people come to US for short term. If you know any friend you could ask them to bring.

Since we are talking about gaming consoles let a ask a small question about TV's. Have anyone bring down TVs from US? Do you face any issues as US use NTSC? Also one of my friend told me that you have to pay tax if you bring more than 32inch TV. Anyone has any idea about this? On another point i don't think voltage is not a big issue as voltage convertets are not that expensive.

I brought down my TV (LG) from Canada a while back. At the time did not have the tax restriction. Also I thought the tax applies to TV's 42" and above. I may be wrong. Anyway as for the voltage converter, you won't probably need one as most electronic items have dual voltage. My TV works from 110-240V. And you will face the NTSC issue if you try to watch local TV from the antenna. I use Dialog TV with no issue.