• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Peugeot 504

Dinukap4

Well I was looking at the peugeot 504 for a custom build its gonna look something like the attachment the only issue I have is are there enough part support for this car now ? I mean engine and other mechanical parts ? And my career is automobile engineering I'm hoping to learn to build and repair the engine at home it self. So please let me know if I need to know anything about this car ? I'm a noob when it get to peugeot's.

Cheers.

Well I was looking at the peugeot 504 for a custom build its gonna look something like the attachment the only issue I have is are there enough part support for this car now ? I mean engine and other mechanical parts ? And my career is automobile engineering I'm hoping to learn to build and repair the engine at home it self. So please let me know if I need to know anything about this car ? I'm a noob when it get to peugeot's.

Cheers.

'Dinukap4',

Peugeot was very popular few years back, lot of used cars were imported came to the country from UK. Few came from Singapore.

You want to buy a car which is not running to rebuild same to running condition?

It is good to study. Parts are available expensive.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Cheers.

Cannot see the attachment, therefore no comments on your plans of custom re-built.

There are enough spare parts both used and new. Used ones are usually from dismantled locally driven cars and rarely you might find imported used spares also. Since this model was manufactured in Argentina until 1999, China until 2009 (pick up version), Kenya/Nigeria until 2008, there's enough brand new spares supply.

However, compared to the good old days, there's a drop in the supply of spares and which was one of main reasons for me to part with my 504s (03 of them). Issue is agent no longer stocks spares and only handful of suppliers in Panchikawatta and they run a monopoly.

Try to find out a one which isn’t mucked up with so many modifications done locally. Frankly there aren't many original ones around, almost all are Frankenstein 504s.

If you're looking for comfort over other factors, choose a GL with all four independent suspension. Pre 1974 GLs (AKA button model in local terms) came with all four disc brakes as well.

If you need rigid suspension to handle rough roads here in SL, with less comfort, the basic L model is there with ugly looking dash and a gear shift lever which is possibly lengthier than of a one in maxxi trucks.

from YOM 1981, GR is available as a mix of both L and GL. Rigid suspension with rear hyphoid axle as oppose to swing arms in the GL, but with better sophisticated interior and modern looking dash board. GR shares most of suspension parts with 505, there's further assurance of supply of spare parts for GR over other older models.

If you can be specific as to what you're planning to do with the car or what exactly you want to know, probably I can shed more light.

Edited by harshansenadhir

Cannot see the attachment, therefore no comments on your plans of custom re-built.

There are enough spare parts both used and new. Used ones are usually from dismantled locally driven cars and rarely you might find imported used spares also. Since this model was manufactured in Argentina until 1999, China until 2009 (pick up version), Kenya/Nigeria until 2008, there's enough brand new spares supply.

However, compared to the good old days, there's a drop in the supply of spares and which was one of main reasons for me to part with my 504s (03 of them). Issue is agent no longer stocks spares and only handful of suppliers in Panchikawatta and they run a monopoly.

Try to find out a one which isn’t mucked up with so many modifications done locally. Frankly there aren't many original ones around, almost all are Frankenstein 504s.

If you're looking for comfort over other factors, choose a GL with all four independent suspension. Pre 1974 GLs (AKA button model in local terms) came with all four disc brakes as well.

If you need rigid suspension to handle rough roads here in SL, with less comfort, the basic L model is there with ugly looking dash and a gear shift lever which is possibly lengthier than of a one in maxxi trucks.

from YOM 1981, GR is available as a mix of both L and GL. Rigid suspension with rear hyphoid axle as oppose to swing arms in the GL, but with better sophisticated interior and modern looking dash board. GR shares most of suspension parts with 505, there's further assurance of supply of spare parts for GR over other older models.

If you can be specific as to what you're planning to do with the car or what exactly you want to know, probably I can shed more light.

Thanks for the lovely information mate now if I go buy a 504 what basic's should I be looking at to find if the car is worth buying ? If you get the point .

Cheers

P.S In case you still dont see the pic

crh5b.jpg

Edited by Dinukap4

• 2 weeks later...

Im Nihal using a 504 GL for last 18 years.Diesel 31 sri one.It is not having very best interior or exterior but very econamical vehicle having 1c diesel engine. If u wanna buy a 504 uve to look abt the interior condition. I fixed a 504 GR dash board & Nissan FB15 steering. :sleeping-smiley-008:

U can learn more abt 504 from following web site.

www.504.org