• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Repairing Minor Accidents/ Scratches

ShanTheBest

Hi Davy

Thank you for the recommendation for the touch up pen, care to state where I can get it locally?

You could call me XXXXXXXXX Amali, and advice me?

I'm sorry but I'm not in SL at the moment. I will however try to send you a PM and notify you if I get to know of a place in Colombo. I think Kmeeg has found a place because he has stated here that he tried it on his car with satisfactory results.

Just did a bit of Googling and the colour of your Vezel is "White Orchid Pearl" (Color code NH-788P). Found a few touch up paint pens on eBay such as this and this which are not from Honda. This one is a genuine touch up pen from Honda, but unfortunately the seller does not ship to Sri Lanka. You can try getting it down through Kapruka though. You'll still have to place a bid.

Not sure if the agents have this on stock but I know that UniMo brings them down upon request for Mitsubishi. You might want to try calling Stafford and checking with them as well. Prices of course will be on the high side.

Edited by Davy

An Insurance guy came and said that they will have to repaint it from Mr. Paint, and that they will do an exceptional job matching the whole thing. I get it, it will look even uglier with a mismatched paint job.

So take it to Auto Miraj and ask them to rub it off with compound? how do I get the touch up jobs done? I checked eBay, but couldn't find any good ones, they only have scratch pens and stuff like that.

Your information is very valuable since I am a women I am not really great with these things.

Take it auto miraj or any good service station and buff it off (rub it off with compund) as much as possible. Depemding on the outcome u can decide what to do next. It wont cost u much. May be a couple of hundred rupees.

Just did a bit of Googling and the colour of your Vezel is "White Orchid Pearl" (Color code NH-788P).

Davy, its a Fit GP5 not a vezel, but the color code should be the same. I also should get one of these pens from ebay for my black car, there are few light scratches here and there.

Edited by asrock

I'm sorry but I'm not in SL at the moment. I will however try to send you a PM and notify you if I get to know of a place in Colombo. I think Kmeeg has found a place because he has stated here that he tried it on his car with satisfactory results.

Just did a bit of Googling and the colour of your Vezel is "White Orchid Pearl" (Color code NH-788P). Found a few touch up paint pens on eBay such as this and this which are not from Honda. This one is a genuine touch up pen from Honda, but unfortunately the seller does not ship to Sri Lanka. You can try getting it down through Kapruka though. You'll still have to place a bid.

Not sure if the agents have this on stock but I know that UniMo brings them down upon request for Mitsubishi. You might want to try calling Stafford and checking with them as well. Prices of course will be on the high side.

I looked into it and I am really confused.

If I buy this touch up paints will all the scratch marks vanish?

If you can please PM me the details it would really help me, I recently came to Sri Lanka from the States so it is rather hard to cope up with these things.

So first get compound and rub them off and then paint it by these paints? would that do? I just want it to look the original way you know :)

Take it auto miraj or any good service station and buff it off (rub it off with compund) as much as possible. Depemding on the outcome u can decide what to do next. It wont cost u much. May be a couple of hundred rupees.

Okay I will take it to auto miraj, previously they did something called a pincil or something like that but that sucked as you could clearly see they put something on top..

My main aim is to look the way it was before.

If I buy this touch up paints will all the scratch marks vanish?

They won't "vanish" of course. They'll be less visible. Let's say "camouflaged". If you do a good touch up job, it will look almost like the original paint.

See it for yourself:

Okay, so I think you need to go back to square one and think this through again.

1. First, take it to Aut0Miraj and get them to polish off the scratches like Crosswind suggested. This process will remove some of the scratches, leaving out the deep ones. Polishing only removes the shallow scratches.

2. After the polishing is done, decide what you would like done next. You have the option of touching up using a touch up paint kit, repainting the whole bumper (which is a waste of money and time... and is stupid) or just ignoring the scratches altogether.

3. If you decide to go ahead with touching up, you need to find out whether you can source the touch up kits (matching the colour of your car - White Orchid Pearl).

- 3.1. Wait for someone to respond on the forum with an answer about a place they have found locally

- 3.2. Call Stafford Motors and see if they bring down touch up kits

- 3.3. Order from eBay

4. If there are local places that you can get this from (I highly doubt they will have the exact colour code for your car), then buy it from them. If Stafford has it, then get it from them - they will definitely have the matching colour if they bring this stuff. If local sources fail, go for eBay.

5. Attempt the touch up job as instructed in the package. There are so many YouTube videos on how to do touch up jobs yourself. If you're still not sure about doing this yourself, get someone else to do it for you.

Davy, its a Fit GP5 not a vezel, but the color code should be the same. I also should get one of these pens from ebay for my black car, there are few light scratches here and there.

Multiple scratch repair threads on the forum and I got 'em mixed up. Thanks and yes, the colour code is same.

Edited by Davy

They won't "vanish" of course. They'll be less visible. Let's say "camouflaged". If you do a good touch up job, it will look almost like the original paint.

See it for yourself:

Okay, so I think you need to go back to square one and think this through again.

1. First, take it to Aut0Miraj and get them to polish off the scratches like Crosswind suggested. This process will remove some of the scratches, leaving out the deep ones. Polishing only removes the shallow scratches.

2. After the polishing is done, decide what you would like done next. You have the option of touching up using a touch up paint kit, repainting the whole bumper (which is a waste of money and time... and is stupid) or just ignoring the scratches altogether.

3. If you decide to go ahead with touching up, you need to find out whether you can source the touch up kits (matching the colour of your car - White Orchid Pearl).

- 3.1. Wait for someone to respond on the forum with an answer about a place they have found locally

- 3.2. Call Stafford Motors and see if they bring down touch up kits

- 3.3. Order from eBay

4. If there are local places that you can get this from (I highly doubt they will have the exact colour code for your car), then buy it from them. If Stafford has it, then get it from them - they will definitely have the matching colour if they bring this stuff. If local sources fail, go for eBay.

5. Attempt the touch up job as instructed in the package. There are so many YouTube videos on how to do touch up jobs yourself. If you're still not sure about doing this yourself, get someone else to do it for you.

Multiple scratch repair threads on the forum and I got 'em mixed up. Thanks and yes, the colour code is same.

Hi There

It seems so much of an hassle, as much as I want to do this, it seems like a lot of work.

I really appreciate your feedback and I am hoping to get the color from eBay and get it painted on my own, I just want it to look like the original way it is.

My friend says that if I get it repainted by Mr Paint they will do a good job making it look like the original way it is.

By the way I checked my color code it says nh 262 or something like that, it is a Honda Fit Pearl White.

Can you please recommend me the best way to overcome this!

I really appreciate your feedback.

Hi There

It seems so much of an hassle, as much as I want to do this, it seems like a lot of work.

I really appreciate your feedback and I am hoping to get the color from eBay and get it painted on my own, I just want it to look like the original way it is.

My friend says that if I get it repainted by Mr Paint they will do a good job making it look like the original way it is.

By the way I checked my color code it says nh 262 or something like that, it is a Honda Fit Pearl White.

Can you please recommend me the best way to overcome this!

I really appreciate your feedback.

Odd. I'm pretty sure that the colour code I mentioned above is correct because I checked it from their colour palette. NH-262 is "Terra Silver Metallic". Anyway, double check that before buying the paint.

There is no easier way to do it if you're still going for a touch up job. I honestly fail to see what's complicated.

Your friend maybe right when he/she said that Mr. Paint would do a proper job, our point is whether spending about 8000 for a minor scratch is really worth it. If you keep painting bumpers everytime you scratch them, you'll end up spending the most on painting and nothing else.

Do keep us posted on what you decide to do. Good luck!

Edited by Davy

Odd. I'm pretty sure that the colour code I mentioned above is correct because I checked it from their colour palette. NH-262 is "Terra Silver Metallic". Anyway, double check that before buying the paint.

There is no easier way to do it if you're still going for a touch up job. I honestly fail to see what's complicated.

Your friend maybe right when he/she said that Mr. Paint would do a proper job, our point is whether spending about 8000 for a minor scratch is really worth it. If you keep painting bumpers everytime you scratch them, you'll end up spending the most on painting and nothing else.

Do keep us posted on what you decide to do. Good luck!

Hey Davy

Since your recommending that I do it on my own, I have decided to cover the things up, the color code in the side of the door says nh624p, when I put it onto google it says White Pearl, so I suppose that's the real color code?

If you walk me through what to do, I guess it won't be complicated.

Would you consider this as a minor scratch? I thought it looked pretty bad as it's white :)

If you could PM me your ID on Skype or so, I could additionally talk to you.

Thanks so much!

An Insurance guy came and said that they will have to repaint it from Mr. Paint, and that they will do an exceptional job matching the whole thing. I get it, it will look even uglier with a mismatched paint job.

So take it to Auto Miraj and ask them to rub it off with compound? how do I get the touch up jobs done? I checked eBay, but couldn't find any good ones, they only have scratch pens and stuff like that.

Your information is very valuable since I am a women I am not really great with these things.

Ooh! A lady in the house :sad-smiley-058: . Behave yourselves bros :sad-smiley-067:

The black plastic is the original colour of the bumper. The manufacturer painted it to match the colour of the vehicle. An option referred to as "Colour keyed bumpers". This is applied to other plastic parts such as door handles and rear view mirrors as well.

I'm sure touch up pens were discussed on the forum, so do a search and you might find a few local places. But if I were you, I'd get it off eBay because you can get a kit to match the exact colour code of your vehicle.

Those Indian altos and 800s have their bumpers come in Black. They mention it as a special feature when the bumpers come with the same body colour in Astars and K10s. Hilarious

Just get it painted by Mr.Paint and let poor Davy be :D paw ahinsakaya... :)

Oh No

I think I can learn this thing on my own, if not I'll have to go to the paintshop to get it painted everytime there are scratches :|

I hate imperfect matching stuff :)

So Davy hun, can you PM me your skype ID, will chat when I get on, or do you recommend putting it all here.

Oh No

I think I can learn this thing on my own, if not I'll have to go to the paintshop to get it painted everytime there are scratches :|

I hate imperfect matching stuff :)

So Davy hun, can you PM me your skype ID, will chat when I get on, or do you recommend putting it all here.

:sport-smiley-004:

Edited by sathyajithj99

Umm alright, so I have ordered the paint, what's the next step?

How do I make it look like the way it was :)

1. Wait till the paint gets delivered

2. Don't try to acquire Davy's contact details here in public forum, PM him.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jor-el
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...