• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Want Help On Ford Laser(2000 Model)

dinithd

Hi guys.....

I hope to buy a ford laser 2000 model....Is it a good car to buy???

Are the parts available easily @ regular auto outlets.....??

As i have heard ford parts are rare....

Wt is the fuel consumption???

As this's my first car please guide me well.....

Thanking you

dinithd

A very good car...if the previous owner has maintained it well. Be careful of rented out cars with the milage wound back...then again you might even come across a non rental with wound milage :-D

Suspension is well suited for our roads, and unless hacked, does last a very long time....

Cant really think of any serious issues to look for, but then you are looking at buying a 12year old car...so look very well before buying.

Parts in general are available and most internal parts are compatible with the Mazda BJ series models

I have a 2002 Manual (BN) ....gets 9.5 to 10 in the City and abt 14 out...Been in the family for 10 years now and the fuel figures have been very consistent.

All the best machang.

• Like 1

Body parts are a little rare but engine suspension and other parts are shared with Mazda so they are easy to find. It's a pretty good car, fuel consumption probably in line with most cars of that size.

Whether it is a good buy will mostly depend on the condition of a particular individual car, rather than a model. They are not as popular as the equivalent Mazda but are essentially the same car. And most Lazers in SL were imported brand new as well.