• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic 2007 - Fd4 Ecu

hellobd

Question

14 answers to this question

I am not 100% sure that this ECU is faulty. Let me tell you the details. If i sw on the ignition, i do not have gear indicator. First i thought may be some fuse blown, I checked all the fuse. then check the relay. Found 1 relay blown. replace it. Then tried no luck. called Mechanic. He checked all the electric wiring but there is no problem. We checked the connectors of the ECU. In Connector A the Number 6 wire (green) should supply the ground to the PGM-F1 main relay......... it is according to the wiring diagram but it is not supplying the ground. We tear some insulation from that wire from battaery ground i put a dirct connection to that wire. Now Gear indicator come, try to start the car. It stated but when i shift the gear car jumped and after few second it stopped.

So we come to point that the ECU is not supplying the ground to the PGM-F1 main relay.

Can you tell me is it the problem with ECU?

I am not 100% sure that this ECU is faulty. Let me tell you the details. If i sw on the ignition, i do not have gear indicator. First i thought may be some fuse blown, I checked all the fuse. then check the relay. Found 1 relay blown. replace it. Then tried no luck. called Mechanic. He checked all the electric wiring but there is no problem. We checked the connectors of the ECU. In Connector A the Number 6 wire (green) should supply the ground to the PGM-F1 main relay......... it is according to the wiring diagram but it is not supplying the ground. We tear some insulation from that wire from battaery ground i put a dirct connection to that wire. Now Gear indicator come, try to start the car. It stated but when i shift the gear car jumped and after few second it stopped.

So we come to point that the ECU is not supplying the ground to the PGM-F1 main relay.

Can you tell me is it the problem with ECU?

If the ECU is faulty you should be easily able to determine that by running a diagnostic. I think you have jumped to a conclusion too quickly. It is possible that the ECU is not arming the gear indicator due to another issue somewhere else in the system. The ECU is a computer, it takes various inputs from sensors etc and works with other ECU's in charge of other components of the car such as the automatic gearbox, ABS, Airbags etc.

In my experience a fault with the ECU while not impossible is also the most improbable. You need to rule everything else out before going down that route.

First thing to do is to connect the car to a diagnostic and understand what the ECU is telling you.

• Like 1

... and if you and you mechanic boyfriend have been messing around with the ECU with applying direct current you might actually need a new ECU.

Like DOn said, first do the basic stuff, life running a scan on the ECU error codes... and NO, don't let your mechanic boyfriend connect it to a multimeter and whisper sweet bugger all nothings in your ear.

Take it to the agents or a workshop with the correct tools and a competent mechanic.

• Like 1

... and if you and you mechanic boyfriend have been messing around with the ECU with applying direct current you might actually need a new ECU.

Like DOn said, first do the basic stuff, life running a scan on the ECU error codes... and NO, don't let your mechanic boyfriend connect it to a multimeter and whisper sweet bugger all nothings in your ear.

Take it to the agents or a workshop with the correct tools and a competent mechanic.

machan should I replace my ECU to fix my power steering leak?

• Like 1

machan should I replace my ECU to fix my power steering leak?

Well, machang, you tried everything else, right? Ha ha ha ha!! YOu can get the OPs mechanic to come and check it out..

BTW, When will you take the hoses to Sparklit?

• Like 1