• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2012 Mitsubishi Montero Sports

Shanjeev

It's a good suv one of my friends recently colided it with a tipper at a very slow speed but the repair cost was around 1.3M and the worst part of the story is U*i mo people have painted the newly fixed buffer in a wrong colour. The reason they have given is it's due to wrong colour code that their system gave them. Seems like they are not yet comfortable with the vehicle. This is stricktly my ideas. It seems to be a good suv though.

It's a good suv one of my friends recently colided it with a tipper at a very slow speed but the repair cost was around 1.3M and the worst part of the story is U*i mo people have painted the newly fixed buffer in a wrong colour. The reason they have given is it's due to wrong colour code that their system gave them. Seems like they are not yet comfortable with the vehicle. This is stricktly my ideas. It seems to be a good suv though.

Oh! Did they repaint it for free after that?

I had a montero sport dont buy it! reasons:

1. not comfortable

2. not worth for the price

3. fuel consumption is pretty low

4.not a good suv with stability

think tiwce before you buy :)

adios!

1. Well I'm not much used to S-classes and maybachs but I don't find uncomfortable.

in the front I consider it more comfortable than the march k12, toyota premio santafe and sorrento,

but the rear of the mid sized saloon was more comfortable.

2.Well I'm not used to using Micro Pandas,

But i think even when the pajero(intercooler model) and prados of the mid 90s(almost 20years old) are going for above 5mill, as a 2007 diesel SUV of their caliber it's worth around 6mill(2007) mark they are advertised these days.

Well it won't be value for money if you where the one who bought the last unit sold by the company for 17.9millon rupees :D

3. Well I'm not much used to using priuses

But I consider doing 8-9kmpl in traffic and 10-12 out station is good for a turbo intercooler non common rail engine.

If you'r one didn't do that you shouldn't have maintained it properly,

4. I agree with you in this one it's twitchy in the corners and once I got massive oversteer at the 90 turn in front of induruwa beach resort.

But because it has indipendant suspention it dosen't have much tendancy to roll over.

The only problem I'd say is it's lac of top speed.

But as we are only legaly allowed to go below 100kmph in sri lanka this won't be an issue and i have gone passed 120 on gravel roads in which an average softroader will not go at even 40.

@kevin

A company is there to rip you off it's not only unimo. from what I see they treat the montero and sports customeres relatively well while neglecting Viva an Nomad customers.

BTW I had a sever frontal iimpact with a Mazda 3 recently which ruined it's whole posterior upto the rear seats, but for the sport it only cost Rs15000 for work in the buffer,

yes i checked the safety issue and there was nothing wrong after that.

My foot was planted in the breaks but didn't feel a thing.

My experiance is on a 2007 Japanese non common rail Sport which has done 150 000km on normal diesel and original spares.

The only repair that had to be done was cleaning the EGR due to pumping of normal diesel

But don't know much about the 2012 Thailand model altough the options seem to be better, i did't consider to change.

hope people will post about the other model too.

1. Well I'm not much used to S-classes and maybachs but I don't find uncomfortable.

in the front I consider it more comfortable than the march k12, toyota premio santafe and sorrento,

but the rear of the mid sized saloon was more comfortable.

2.Well I'm not used to using Micro Pandas,

But i think even when the pajero(intercooler model) and prados of the mid 90s(almost 20years old) are going for above 5mill, as a 2007 diesel SUV of their caliber it's worth around 6mill(2007) mark they are advertised these days.

Well it won't be value for money if you where the one who bought the last unit sold by the company for 17.9millon rupees :D

3. Well I'm not much used to using priuses

But I consider doing 8-9kmpl in traffic and 10-12 out station is good for a turbo intercooler non common rail engine.

If you'r one didn't do that you shouldn't have maintained it properly,

4. I agree with you in this one it's twitchy in the corners and once I got massive oversteer at the 90 turn in front of induruwa beach resort.

But because it has indipendant suspention it dosen't have much tendancy to roll over.

The only problem I'd say is it's lac of top speed.

But as we are only legaly allowed to go below 100kmph in sri lanka this won't be an issue and i have gone passed 120 on gravel roads in which an average softroader will not go at even 40.

@kevin

A company is there to rip you off it's not only unimo. from what I see they treat the montero and sports customeres relatively well while neglecting Viva an Nomad customers.

BTW I had a sever frontal iimpact with a Mazda 3 recently which ruined it's whole posterior upto the rear seats, but for the sport it only cost Rs15000 for work in the buffer,

yes i checked the safety issue and there was nothing wrong after that.

My foot was planted in the breaks but didn't feel a thing.

My experiance is on a 2007 Japanese non common rail Sport which has done 150 000km on normal diesel and original spares.

The only repair that had to be done was cleaning the EGR due to pumping of normal diesel

But don't know much about the 2012 Thailand model altough the options seem to be better, i did't consider to change.

hope people will post about the other model too.

Im talking about The 2011/2012 model sport

1. well i ws comparing to sorento 2012 and u cnt say premio isnt better i reckon its better than montero!

2.yeah exactly because they are Toyota/mitusubishi made in japan and they are tough on roads not like suv's u get nowadays lol!

u cant compare toyota land cruisers and pajero intercoolers over a piece of shit montero which is made in thailand!

3.as you said the 2007 diesel suv's do better than a montero sport 2011/2012 model i mean in fuel consuption probably like 10-12

and i slightly agree wit ur 3rd point..

4. exactly what i said!

well but the most important thing to me is im lookin much power in a vehicle and nobody obey rules these so just forget about legal stuff lol this is srilanka not america :P

so I prefer 2011.2012 montero sport is just a piece of garbage i dnt like that suv coz i have experienced alot of difficulties after using it!

not to mention uniM#Ods$ is the worst company i've ever been they arent really helping there customers, they keep waiting for huge hours wasting there time :/

Just get the Facts!

so thats why i moved to a bmw 520d it jst coz abt 10 million but its worth..

Hmmm..... seems like I have started a good thread.

Reminds of my father and I visited the Uni mo and were looking at the Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 2008 3 years ago. My father was satisfied with its build quality and looks but he had go abroad urgently within a few days. The sales rep called my father a two days before he was ready to go abroad. Alas!! The Sales rep came with an idea" Why don't you reserve the car by paying the half price of the and pay the rest when you come back"? They were so keen about not losing a customer. That made my father think about it when a friend of his called him. My father told about this to him and he said that it will be risky when new stocks arrive and if there is no place for them to accommodate, then the car has to be parked outside the premises. I don't know whether it is true or not. Then he dropped the idea of buying it!! If my father had bought the car, I would have been complaining about the Uni mo services in this forum like the others who own Mitsubishis.

The Montero sport is built on top of the L200 platform. The L200 as you know is a double cab with ladder chassis and heavy duty suspension (leaf springs at the back I believe?). You can get a L200 for about a million less.

So you decide whether the price is worth for a souped up double cab.

clarsk son btw I like montero sport 2007 because its made in japan!

There is a huge different between japan models and Thailand models.

so be careful when your going for a Thailand model unless you wanna get in trouble :P

The Montero sport is built on top of the L200 platform. The L200 as you know is a double cab with ladder chassis and heavy duty suspension (leaf springs at the back I believe?). You can get a L200 for about a million less.

So you decide whether the price is worth for a souped up double cab.

Don't know about the 2012 but the 2007 has coil springs in the rear with indipendant suspention,

unlike the L200 it's a good off roader but the long wheelbase kills it's capabilities.

@pdeeban,

Yep that's why i abandoned my recent attempt to upgrade mine to the so called new model,

Unfortunately as the Freelander2 is not offered trough the company these days going to wait and try to reach for a X3

Don't know about the 2012 but the 2007 has coil springs in the rear with indipendant suspention,

unlike the L200 it's a good off roader but the long wheelbase kills it's capabilities.

@pdeeban,

Yep that's why i abandoned my recent attempt to upgrade mine to the so called new model,

Unfortunately as the Freelander2 is not offered trough the company these days going to wait and try to reach for a X3

yeah good idea you should get a x3 or a 520d thats the best for the permit you get nowadays :)

good luck!