• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

121 Speedometer/ Odometer Not Working, Display A Constant Mileage

kee

hi all

my toyota 121 (2001, manual) speedometer and odometer are not functioning, but it shows a constant mileage at all times (digital).

when diagnosed, it gives C1541 and P0500 errors. has anyone got any idea what to do? a friend of mine said me to change the VSS sensor, another mentioned i will have to check ABS first.

if someone has an idea of the problem, pls post here, also a place where i can get this done and the price of the speed sensor, where i can get an idea of the cost that i will have to bear..

thanx.

-kee

Edited by kee

Best bet is to take it to the agent and get a diagnose. They know all these error codes and descriptions for error codes.

Googling of P0500 tells that it's VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) malfunction. If you have a way of swapping a speed sensor (just for troubleshoot) and see whether the system works.