• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan March Bk-12 Experience & Service Info

mello555

Hi

Just wanted to share with you my Nissan BK 12 (2002) experience of 1 year and some service information and what i used for service.

Purchased last year July for rs. 1.7 million with 58,000 km on it. Seems good deal i guess. Initially i purchased this with intention to migrate to a better vehicle within 1 or 2 years coz i actually didn't had any experience with Nissan March. (I had only driven, Carina, Allion, Axela and Corolla)

After purchasing it i really amazed especially regarding the the reliability, ease of handling and better fuel efficiency (13.5L on avg.) I have driven 20,000 kms so far.

Some maintenance info might be helpful to you:

Engine Oil:

every 5000kms - Havoline 15w-40 with deposit shield(Mineral)-Rs. 2950-No issue so far.

VIC Oil filer - Rs 950 -every 5000 kms

I strongly suggest to go for 15w-40 or better oil(10-40, 5w-40) due to climate conditions of Sri lanka. Prices of other brands i found out just FYI (4 liter cans-Mineral oil). As at July 10th around Ja Ela area

Castrol GTX- Rs. 3200: 10w-30 and 20w-50,

Mobil Rs. 3400 15w-40

Valvoline Rs. 2500 20w-50

Laughfs Rs. 2450 20w-50

Automatic Transmission Oil

Recommended Nissan Matic J - Use ONLY Matic J compatible fluid. I used Havoline ATF-J -- do not use Dexron III only compatible fluid .

I changed through ATF exchange machine at Laughfs centre ( did not remove the oil pan.

( i had a question whether there is a filter in Automatic transmission to be cleaned at ATF change for March K12. Please update if anyone knows about this)

Please share your thoughts about March K12 too.

(13.5L on avg.)

Do you mean to go 100km it takes 13.5L ? If so that sounds right but if you are saying that the car does 13.5 KMpL thats an unheard figure for a k12

I also didn't believe when told by the guy who sold this. ( i heard only 12km per Liter or so). But actually it does. I usually travel from Ja ela- Negombo route. Mild traffic.

I usually run the car to lowest level of fuel tank until low fuel light turns on. Then pump for Rs 4500. that is 30.2 liters. I run about 405 kilometers. I check this every time i pump fuel.

Also every 5,000kms use 3M fuel system cleaner. That will improve performance/response and fuel efficiency.

Well a March AK12 has been in our family for more than 10 years

It has clocked around 150k km and was maintained very badly.

Has driven us trough in our hard times, and has a great sentimental value

So i think I should have more reason to open a topic, than some one who used one for 1 year,

But i don't think this is a one of a kind car to start a topic about

The thing i consider good about the car is that it can withstand bad maintenance, and rough handling so well.

The fuel economy well the figure given by mello555 shows that he has been in the axio, allion league before boasting of high fuel figures which is their habit.

It may do 13.5kmpl long distance hypermiling but in Colombo traffic these small cars are lucky to achieve 10kmpl.

mello555 had said that he was going to upgrade in 1yrs time it looks like he's going to sell it :sport-smiley-004:

• Like 1

(13.5L on avg.)

Do you mean to go 100km it takes 13.5L ? If so that sounds right but if you are saying that the car does 13.5 KMpL thats an unheard figure for a k12

Perhaps Crisco Nihal is getting a lot of business these days :)

So i think I should have more reason to open a topic, than some one who used one for 1 year,

The thing i consider good about the car is that it can withstand bad maintenance, and rough handling so well.

The fuel economy well the figure given by mello555 shows that he has been in the axio, allion league before boasting of high fuel figures which is their habit.

It may do 13.5kmpl long distance hypermiling but in Colombo traffic these small cars are lucky to achieve 10kmpl.

mello555 had said that he was going to upgrade in 1yrs time it looks like he's going to sell it :sport-smiley-004:

Now that's what I call an honest opinion. Thumbs up mate!

Hi Clark. thanks for the opinion. By the way I use BK12 1.4L version not the AK12. I also had great strides with popular cars with my friends. Especially i love the way of handling E36s and IS200s. Anyway compared to them especially the price what i like about March is the way of handling EPS and maintenance cost of rough use. Anyway I guess you purchased this the year it was introduced 2002. :sad-smiley-067:

I know colombo traffic sucks . but anyway :sleeping-smiley-008: ha ha u dont have to do hypermiling to get that...I just shared this for people who might be helpful... :sport-smiley-004: