• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Accident

Skyline R33

Hi every one.

Last friday I crashed my wifes car and thank God we both managed to walk away without a scratch but the car was written off. I didn't see a vehicle comming on my right at a give way sign and it was a massive impact. The othe vehicle was a Land Cruiser single cab with a bull bar. The air bags deployed and the front of the car was damaged badly. Luckily I had comprehinsive insurance, so after a $600 excess I will be getting a brand new car (Our car was only 6 months old with 11,000kms on the clock). Just thought to share it here. Gents, please drive safely and do wear your seat belts if you have one regardless of the plates of your vehicle.

T3jaK.jpg

TXD8h.jpg

k260u.jpg

xDCnj.jpg

TgPNu.jpg

Edited by Skyline R33

Hi every one.

Last friday I crashed my wifes car and thank God we both managed to walk away without a scratch but the car was written off. I didn't see a vehicle comming on my right at a give way sign and it was a massive impact. The othe vehicle was a Land Cruiser single cab with a bull bar. The air bags deployed and the front of the car was damaged badly. Luckily I had comprehinsive insurance, so after a $600 excess I will be getting a brand new car (Our car was only 6 months old with 11,000kms on the clock). Just thought to share it here. Gents, please drive safely and do wear your seat belts if you have one regardless of the plates of your vehicle.

Car_1.jpg

Car_2.jpg

Car_3.jpg

Car_4.jpg

Car_5.jpg

maybe it's just me but can't see no pics mate.

anyways...grea to here you guys are safe. especially considering the the other vehicle involved in the collision.

Sorry to hear about the accident mate, but it's great that no one was hurt. Hope you get the insurance stuff sorted out soon.

On another note, if that Demio was in Sri Lanka, it would be back on the road in a few months as if nothing had happened to it. :P

@Ripper, I'm able to see the pics except for the last one.

nice to see both of you safe

however what is your insurence company ?

It's in Aus. The insurance was with SunCorp.

anyways...grea to here you guys are safe. especially considering the the other vehicle involved in the collision.

Thanks Ripper. The pics seem to be viewable from my end. Not sure what needs to be done.

Glad that you and your wife walked away unhurt, Skyline R33. That is the most important thing.

Thanks Cali.

Sorry to hear about the accident mate, but it's great that no one was hurt. Hope you get the insurance stuff sorted out soon.

On another note, if that Demio was in Sri Lanka, it would be back on the road in a few months as if nothing had happened to it. :P

@Ripper, I'm able to see the pics except for the last one.

The service with the insurance company is really good. The accident was on Friday (06.07.2012) and the car was sent to the yard straight away. I made the claim immediately and on Monday they confirmed that it was written off. Agreed with the SL scene.

Cannot the pics as well.

Some of you are able to see the pics but I can see all of them from my end. Not sure whats wrong.

Glad to see you made it out fine. Hope your wife didn't chew your head off for crashing her new car :)

Just curious, did the LC take a lot of damage?

Wife was a bit upset but I accepted that it was my fault, so it kept her down. She was glad that we were un hurt because if I was a second early, my door would have taken the hit. The LC was a brick like all other 90s Jap trucks. Small dent on his LHS front fender and couple of scratches on his bull bar and that was all!

by Gods mercy you guys were safe

and as Davy mentioned if it was in certain part oft the world within a month or two it would be back on the road and might even be advertised as 'a profesional owned mint condiotion vehicle for sale,come early to avoid dissapointment!' or something to that effect

Just for the record , is it possible to restore the car back to origianal condition?, by looking at the accident. say by replacing the axle and other stuff....

Its probably repairable, but it in this scenario it was deemed more cost effective to replace the car by the insurance adjuster / evaluator. Some of the pictures show that the front axle has shifted so there might be more internal damage than apparent, but certainly if it was just mainly damage to body panels etc and there was not a whole lot of internal damage, I'm sure it'd be fixable.

As Skyline R33 lives in Australia the labour charges are probably higher that what we would pay here in Sri Lanka and unfortunately he has to suffer a loss of AUS$600 and opt for a replacement vehicle as the cost of fixing it when you factor in parts and labour are probably a lot higher than just replacing it, even when factoring in the AUS$600 loss suffered.

While the resolution and the processing may have been faster in Australia, if this happened in good ole Sri Lanka, I'm assuming that one could probably get it repaired within the payout amount / coverage offered by the insurance? Certainly things maybe a bit different in SL, but that does not necessary mean its inherently inferior.

The cost of repairing items and maintaining cars is really cheap in Sri Lanka compared to overseas locations like Australia, Europe and North America. That's the huge upside to living in Sri Lanka, our garage fellows are really quite talented and their labour charges are very reasonable. (Ref HERE to a topic by GTAm and HERE to a topic by MasterDon as good examples).

Edited by Kavvz

by Gods mercy you guys were safe

and as Davy mentioned if it was in certain part oft the world within a month or two it would be back on the road and might even be advertised as 'a profesional owned mint condiotion vehicle for sale,come early to avoid dissapointment!' or something to that effect

Were it repaired, I'm sure this would likely happen in this case too: This kind of stuff happens in most places of the world, including Europe, Australia and North America. If you're buying a used vehicle its up to the buyer to research the history of the vehicle. One must certainly not assume its in mint condition just because the buyer says so / advertises it as so; regardless of the geographic location of the purchase and the profession of the seller.

Edited by Kavvz

Sri Lankan car mudalalis also wouldn't hate it if such cars were repaired and brought here.

That is what reconditioned cars might be.

The writing off must be due to some chassis damage.

Any car that has considerable chassis damage should be totaled(writen-off) and not allowed to be auctioned even after repair.

The should be recycled.

BTW this reminds me how my sport rear ended a mazda 3 and damaged the whole rear of it upto the rear seat.

My front bumper only needed a respray.

The insurance only gave repair costs for the mazda.

\

The writing off must be due to some chassis damage.

Not always, in these countries if the repair cost is 60-70% of the value of the vehicle, the car is written off. But the insurance company auctions it off and people buy them for cheap and fix them up. Here in the US, that kind of vehicles are given a salvage title and can be rebuilt and reregistered after a safety inspection.

Edited by madmax

Neither can I.

Error is - 'Forbidden' & a '403' on the tab. Wonder why? Any suggestions? Thanks

@ Skyline R33 - great news you & your wife are ok. :)

Btw - someone I know- also crashed a skyline there [in Aussie] and he said as he had 'double' insured it, - said he had got more.

Is there a possibility of having 02 insurance covers for the same car in Aussie? Is it possible in S.L.?

Edited by mirage7777

Thanks for the kind words guys. Much appreciate it.

Not always, in these countries if the repair cost is 60-70% of the value of the vehicle, the car is written off. But the insurance company auctions it off and people buy them for cheap and fix them up. Here in the US, that kind of vehicles are given a salvage title and can be rebuilt and reregistered after a safety inspection.

Same story here madmax. Mine will be auctioned as well and the insurance company tries to recover part of the loss. I have heard about to kind of write offs. The repairable and the unrepairable. Repairable ones could be repaired and registered again after a safty / engineering certificate. Unrepairable ones can never be registered again, mainly actioned for parts. I dont think mine will be repairable at all.

The pics are viewable mate - glad to see you both come out unhurt from this.

Damn, the mazda's crumple easy don't they? That's a good thing safety-wise.

I hv a friend, whose axela was hit in the same position as yours by a trishaw; the trishaw just needed some straightening up, the axela looked exactly like yours, except without air/bag, windshield and hood damage! No one can believe it was a trishaw that crashed in to it.