• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Service Station

RoughRider

Guys,

I'm residing @ Kiribathgoda & in search of a good, reliable place to do a comprehensive service to my car, Nissan N16.

If any of you're aware of a good place to get the job done at a decent rate kindly let me know ASAP!!!

CHEERS. :drinks:

Guys,

I'm residing @ Kiribathgoda & in search of a good, reliable place to do a comprehensive service to my car, Nissan N16.

If any of you're aware of a good place to get the job done at a decent rate kindly let me know ASAP!!!

CHEERS. :drinks:

'RoughRider',

I am not promoting any service station.

If you can go to Jaela opposite Rukmani devis statue Kleen Park has a very well equipped service station you can try out that Service Station.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

there is a service station in alakanda road....about 100metres in from alakanda junc in negombo road.

used to take my car and the truck there. Don's Service Center is the name.

Stopped going there only after i started doing the oil changes etc at home :)

if you wanna go there on a weekend gotta go early or else the place gets packed up. The owner is a chap called Roger,

Guys,

Thumbs up for all those valuable comments & also let me know whether I could replace the break pads, clutch pads & engine mounts at any of those places mentioned above....

If so what would be the rough estimation of the cost???

Appreciate your assistance !!! :action-smiley-033:

break pads would be around 10-15K, and the engine mounts cost depends on the mount type it varies from 6K - 12K, Don't know about the clutch pads though.

Guys,

Thumbs up for all those valuable comments & also let me know whether I could replace the break pads, clutch pads & engine mounts at any of those places mentioned above....

If so what would be the rough estimation of the cost???

Appreciate your assistance !!! :action-smiley-033:

Its not rocket science to replace brake pads, but you having to ask this gives me a sense that you might not be upto the task yet. Let the garage do this time and watch how its done so that you can do it the next time.

The engine mounts can be done at home but needs some extra help. A garage would be better equipped to do this. Same goes for the clutch/pressure plate.

Btw in case you're planning to get all your stuff sorted at one place, make note that a "comprehensive service" does NOT mean they do these clutch/brake/mount replacements.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Guys, I thought of sharing two observations while I service my car at Automiraj Nawala today morning.

First incident was pure careless handling of one car. The foreman reversed a car from washing area knocked the side of the front bumper. It created about 2cm patch on the bumper and worst is I saw the plastic shell is broken from where it fixed and come out. The owner wasn’t around and that guy moved to car another side and went without doing anything about it.

The other one is that my car had worn out rear brake shoes and needed urgent replacement. I didn’t change them as car wasn’t used and parked for last two months. They removed the drum cleaned it fixed again. But I wasn’t informed about worn out brake shoes.

Moral of the story.. God bless those who leave their vehicles at service stations thinking those people will take good care of the car and advise you on routing maintenance.

• Like 2