• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rock Paint

cooltnd

HI

I'm planning to paint my carina using "Rock" brand.

According to my findings Toyota company is using Rock brand, pls correct me if i'm wrong.

I need to buy metalic silver (code -199)

Is there any place to get discount as total will be nearly 30k (only for paint) ?

Has anyone ever bought this paint with discount?

Is there two diffrent brands under Rock name?

Thanks

I have a little experience with Rock because I used it on one of my old cars. The metallic black (code 205) lasted for over 8 years without any issues. Good compared to most brands available in the country. Not sure if Toyota uses it, but I’m certain that it’s manufactured in Japan.

I bought the paint from a place in Negombo. There is a place in Wellawatta right in front of the Roxy cinema; they have Rock. Apart from that, the paint shops in Slave Island should be having. Maybe other members will shed some light on other places.

As for the discount, you will have to find that out yourself.

HI

I'm planning to paint my carina using "Rock" brand.

According to my findings Toyota company is using Rock brand, pls correct me if i'm wrong.

I need to buy metalic silver (code -199)

Is there any place to get discount as total will be nearly 30k (only for paint) ?

Has anyone ever bought this paint with discount?

Is there two diffrent brands under Rock name?

Thanks

Rock is a good paint. but why don't you try Debeer (European) which is better than that. Well Toyota Japan doesn't use Rock paint, it's one of their local suppliers starting with the letter M(Japanese name). Debeer has yet released a 2K based lacquer with Anti-Scratch Resistant technology. Hmmm... There is a joint at Attidiya, Dehiwala by the name of Prime Colors. Can get discount too.. :) You can sort it out below 30k for sure.

Edited by soulja

My painter recomended siekens as a better brans than rock,

So used siekens for the body and used Rock for the alloys.

It seem to be holding well still has a great shine.

Only one year so can't comment much.

As for the price it fluctuates much according to the shade,

Well i had to paint my front bumper and recommended paint was Sikkens. End job was fantastic. Paint is bit expensive but its really worth the money spent. Paint was recommended by an expert in the field and it was same with few other good painters when i asked around. Better to avoid Debeer as comments on that brand was not good.

Well i had to paint my front bumper and recommended paint was Sikkens. End job was fantastic. Paint is bit expensive but its really worth the money spent. Paint was recommended by an expert in the field and it was same with few other good painters when i asked around. Better to avoid Debeer as comments on that brand was not good.

no offence bro. but how can you simply compare European over Indian? Sikkens firstly was brought down from Netherlands and then from Indonesia and finally they brought it down from India to save up their margins.

no offence bro. but how can you simply compare European over Indian? Sikkens firstly was brought down from Netherlands and then from Indonesia and finally they brought it down from India to save up their margins.

what does the country of manufacture have to do with the quality of the paint? Factories are moved from one location to another not because they want to make the product that's of lesser quality. It's because they can cut down on labor costs, be closer to a major market, move to a placce with less environmental restrictions or be closer to the raw material, Apple products are made in China. Does that make their quality any less?

Seriously, cut the crap.

• Like 2

Non taken machan :).. I only shared my experience & what i learnt... As for the Indian European matter, i believe jdnet has given a clear answer...

what does the country of manufacture have to do with the quality of the paint? Factories are moved from one location to another not because they want to make the product that's of lesser quality. It's because they can cut down on labor costs, be closer to a major market, move to a placce with less environmental restrictions or be closer to the raw material, Apple products are made in China. Does that make their quality any less?

Seriously, cut the crap.

1+ Sikkens is a bloody good paint brand. present CRC former forumula world in seeduwa used sikkens on all premium cars and 2k on other cars. I've met the chief technical chap there and they hav flying reviews about the paint. It's pricey as trinity said but a damn good paint.

Considering that you dont paint your car often and spend a lot of time and money on a paint job...it's best to go with a good brand!

Seriously, cut the crap.

seriously i don't want to argue over smartphones compared to paint. so being silent is decent enough..

1+ Sikkens is a bloody good paint brand. present CRC former forumula world in seeduwa used sikkens on all premium cars and 2k on other cars. I've met the chief technical chap there and they hav flying reviews about the paint. It's pricey as trinity said but a damn good paint.

Considering that you dont paint your car often and spend a lot of time and money on a paint job...it's best to go with a good brand!

agreed that Sikkens is a Bloody good paint. I was referring to something better than Sikkens :)

seriously i don't want to argue over smartphones compared to paint. so being silent is decent enough..

well I'm not talking to you about smart phones am I ? If you are too retarded to figure out what I said, let me explain it. What I was saying is that it doesn't mater if a paint is manufactured inn India, Netherlands or Liberia for that matter. All that matters is the quality of the end product. It must be hard for you to take this information in. I overestimated your intellectual capabilities and for that I apologize. I should have known better since you are the guy that dumped cooking oil in a common rail diesel engine.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 1

well I'm not talking to you about smart phones am I ? If you are too retarded to figure out what I said, let me explain it. What I was saying is that it doesn't mater if a paint is manufactured inn India, Netherlands or Liberia for that matter. All that matters is the quality of the end product. It must be hard for you to take this information in. I overestimated your intellectual capabilities and for that I apologize. I should have known better since you are the guy that dumped cooking oil in a common rail diesel engine.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thanks a lot for your valuable advices.

Now i have a problem with my painter.

when i asked about the volume of the paint and laquar , he wants to buy 3 liters of Debeer paint and 3 liters from Debeer laquar

I have to buy specificaly Debeer because of him.

he's planningto do 3 coatings .

but according to my findings Debeer will cover lager area than other paints.( pls correct me if i'm wrong)

so my question is , do we need 3 liters of paint /

and 3 liters of laquar?

Need advice please.

Thanks a lot for your valuable advices.

Now i have a problem with my painter.

when i asked about the volume of the paint and laquar , he wants to buy 3 liters of Debeer paint and 3 liters from Debeer laquar

I have to buy specificaly Debeer because of him.

he's planningto do 3 coatings .

but according to my findings Debeer will cover lager area than other paints.( pls correct me if i'm wrong)

so my question is , do we need 3 liters of paint /

and 3 liters of laquar?

Need advice please.

please understand every painter can't do fine 2K paint. to do 2K paint job he must have very good experience. i used Debeer for my two vehicles.

1. AE110 color- Dark Green 1.5 liter Paint and 1.5L laquor

2. CR41 I changed the color - Alian red 2L Paint and 2L laquar

my painter is one of my friend. he do this job just like recon car paint. can't find it is painted. i will post some pictures later

anyhow, what is your vehicle?

Edited by Nilantha

please understand every painter can't do fine 2K paint. to do 2K paint job he must have very good experience. i used Debeer for my two vehicles.

1. AE110 color- Dark Green 1.5 liter Paint and 1.5L laquor

2. CR41 I changed the color - Alian red 2L Paint and 2L laquar

my painter is one of my friend. he do this job just like recon car paint. can't find it is painted. i will post some pictures later

anyhow, what is your vehicle?

Nilantha, does your friend do work for other clients as well?

Nilantha, does your friend do work for other clients as well?

he will do but the problem is there is a big que. also he takes so long time to finish the job. he was telling if the work do fast finial finishing is not so good. i think his sayings are correct.

Edited by Nilantha