• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Isuzu Gemini Alternator

tirantha2

Question

​I'm fed up with my Gemini alternator.. I repaired it twice.. now again discharging lamp indicating. When alternator rip apart Field coil fried and diode plate also burnt...

So replacing recondition alternator is the best option so I try to find alternator for Gemini..

I search every where but there weren't recondition alternators for Gemini.

Does anyone have experience with Gemini alternator..?

Does anyone know alternative model for Gemini alternator?

Any good place around Colombo to find recondition alternator?

11 answers to this question

We had a JT600 and yeah the alternator did give up, and we got it fixed and it wasnt that big a deal. It was a turbo diesel though (dont know if the alternator's that different)

We went t high-level electrical which is in kirulapana on high level road towards nugegoda (near the sampath bank). They arent any wizards, but any decent electrician should be able to figure it out. Yes the Gemini electrical system is said to be a bit complex, so due to the lack of parts you're better off going to someone who's experienced in Geminis to sort it out.

​I'm fed up with my Gemini alternator.. I repaired it twice.. now again discharging lamp indicating. When alternator rip apart Field coil fried and diode plate also burnt...

So replacing recondition alternator is the best option so I try to find alternator for Gemini..

one of the JT600's we had, came up with the alternator issue and every repair/replacement got busted. Finally the electrician figured out that the cause was the heater unit (or timer) (located under the front passenger seat or so) and also by then the battery has passed recovery too. So with the replacement of all three (diodes for alternatior, heater unit & battery)..never had that issue again. The electrician was from darley road Maradana.

One of the JT641's we had also caught an alternator issue but that was due to power steering oil leaking in or so.

'tirantha2',

You may have used low quality Diodes or not required Amperage, try Sri Sangaraja mawatha you can find number of Alternator repairers or you can find a suitable used Alternator. Try to buy a used alternator 65 amperes.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

thanx for the replies ..I have been away from PC thats why late to reply I rewound field coil of old alternator and fitted it brand new diode plate and assembled it.now its ok charging it with 13.2 volts but at night with headlights when radiator fan on ammeter shows discharging.(going center zero galvanometer to negative side ). I checked that my radiator fan draws 15A.

thanx for the replies ..I have been away from PC thats why late to reply I rewound field coil of old alternator and fitted it brand new diode plate and assembled it.now its ok charging it with 13.2 volts but at night with headlights when radiator fan on ammeter shows discharging.(going center zero galvanometer to negative side ). I checked that my radiator fan draws 15A.

'tirantha2

13.5 Volts DC is not enough to charge with your full load in the night.

Your alternator should produce 14.5 volts DC, to run with your full load of electrical equipment.

Please ask your Electrician who rewound the alternator did he used the same gauge of wire what was on that before.

There is a possibility that he had connected the three windings incorrectly.

Then the alternator will not produce enough current with your full load.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.