• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Fd1(1.8) Vs. Fd4(1.6)

isurujosh

• 1 month later...

I'm also looking for FD1, but it's very rare to find a good one. I inspect a car today (29/10/2019). From Car Checks. The overall score is 86.7. Actually it's a pretty good value for 13 years old car. But my only concern is, this beauty is leaking oil from the tranny and rack. :(  I'm so desperate now 

• 9 months later...

Hello guys... Sharing some insights from my relatively long FD1 expereince. ( about 8 years )

Car is great. Fuel consumption is honestly around 8-9km/l in city.

You should understand after about 80000 +kms  there are few main things to fix.

1) I had minor power streering oil leak  and fixed at stafford  ( Car started alarming lite noise due to leak, like a whistle from front area)
2) Experienced very little engine oil leak  and fixed at stafford 
Both cost me around 17000LKR

Always go to stafford to fix those leaks. They know exactly what to fix and then your car is back to stock.

3) I started experience some noise from suspension when breaking. Some vibration at the start. So I refreshed some suspension parts with engine mounts.
Lower arm bush, ball joints and 4 engine mounts. Cost me about 60000 LKR ( not very sure about this figure )
Again go Stafford

4) I replaced hub racers / wheel barings 
    I actually bought bearings from outside and replaced at stafford. So it was relatively less expensive. 
As I remember cost me about 45000LKR

Once those repairs done then car became stock and very smooth. Now Im at 130000kms. Very recently replaced tyres.

Very reliable ride. So closely look for those things when you buy a car 80000+ and or if you are passing 80000km milleage.

Hope this helps.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...