• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Transmission Delay In Auto Gear

rize1981

Hi Experts,

Anyone can help me to find out the problem in my car gear transmission, It is taking bit long time to transmit 2nd gear from first gear, Anyone could you please advice me is it possible to fix and what is the exact problem of it.

Thanks

Looks like the discs in the gear box are worn out. it is common problem in automatic gear boxes. it can be repaired. one thing to keep in mind while waiting in traffic is to never be on drive and apply brakes. always make sure you stay idle on neutral and you could avoid this fault from happening.

Hi Experts,

Anyone can help me to find out the problem in my car gear transmission, It is taking bit long time to transmit 2nd gear from first gear, Anyone could you please advice me is it possible to fix and what is the exact problem of it.

Thanks

I think the first thing to do is to change your transmission oil with correct grade oil and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't its possible that there is some sludge in your auto box which will need to cleaned out by a competent person. What is your car?

Thanks a lot for your comments, my car is Nissan Bluebird 1999 QU14 2000cc, it has Hyper CVT Gearbox... More advices pls.....

What is your car?It can be your kick down cable.a simple adjustment may solve the problem.Is it only from shifting 1-2 or does it shift all gears at higher rpms? Explain it more

Thanks a lot for your comments, my car is Nissan Bluebird 1999 QU14 2000cc, it has Hyper CVT Gearbox... More advices pls.....

I think the first thing to do is to change your transmission oil with correct grade oil and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't its possible that there is some sludge in your auto box which will need to cleaned out by a competent person. What is your car?

• Like 1

What is your car?It can be your kick down cable.a simple adjustment may solve the problem.Is it only from shifting 1-2 or does it shift all gears at higher rpms? Explain it more

Hi Experts,

Thanks

When was the last time you changed the CVT oil?. In this type of transmission you don't feel the changing of gears like you said. The transmission is infinitely variable. Hence the term continuously variable transmission. I had the same issue in my Tiida and it was mostly noticeable during stop and go traffic.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

When was the last time you changed the CVT oil?. In this type of transmission you don't feel the changing of gears like you said. The transmission is infinitely variable. Hence the term continuously variable transmission. I had the same issue in my Tiida and it was mostly noticeable during stop and go traffic.

How did you fix this iSsue? I'm facing similar kind of issue in my suzuki swift