• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seeking Advices To Select A Car

thilinasr

Hi all

im looking to buy a car which made on or after 2002. My budget is around 2m to 2.2m LKR. My priorities are

1.Nissan FB15

2.Mazda familia

3.Nissan N17

4.Nissan N16

The car has to be fuel efficient, comfortable and good looking ofcaurse:).

This is my first car and i dont have a much idea of what to look for. If you guys can put me on right direction on this, id be very grateful.

Thanks and regards

Thilina

Well come to the Auto lanka Forum !!

As per your post i have undestand that your looking for a car with fuel efficient,comfartable for around 2.2m. with in your list i can say you can easily go for a Nissan FB15 new shell model. if you search you could find a super saloon one with early K no. N16 also a good selection but when considering about kmpl Fb15 is head on these. search for a well maintained car & better if you can go with some one who experts in this area.

Good luck.

The car has to be fuel efficient

I don't think any Nissans you mentioned fit in to this category. As I know, all 15, 16 and 17 consume more fuel than their rivalries.

I would go for a 2000 (English Number) EK3 if I were you, for high fuel efficiency and high resale value and for spare parts availability, and obviously for good looking;).

But if you are sticking to the options you mentioned, go for FB15. It can be easily resell, unlike N16 and N17.

Edited by razordj

Hi all

im looking to buy a car which made on or after 2002. My budget is around 2m to 2.2m LKR. My priorities are

1.Nissan FB15

2.Mazda familia

3.Nissan N17

4.Nissan N16

This is my first car and i dont have a much idea of what to look for. If you guys can put me on right direction on this, id be very grateful.

Thanks and regards

Thilina

machan... good look is a relative thing, the car appears best for me may not be the best for u ( as same as the look of a girl ), so what looks best for u is the best one as u gonna be the one drive it.

comfortable aspects, i guess N16 is the best with spacious interior and the stability while driving. I have been in to both FB 15 and N16 and N16 is far ahead.

Fuel consumption, my manual 1.6 N16 did 8-9 in heavy traffic in colombo and 12-13 outside. Some think that FB 15 does better than that being a relatively small one, but it does the same kmpl as N16 as far as i know. Anyway once a car sale owner told me that new shell FB15 does better than the previous ones, but it has to be confirmed.

Spare parts wise both are ok to buy and u can sell Fb 15 bit easier than N 16, but N16 is also not with a bad demand and there are lot of people who love N16.

anyway u better buy a super saloon version if u go for Fb 15 or N 16, as they look bit better, plus with added options eventhough there are no major differences rather than engine capacity being 1.6 in super saloons.

I have zero experience in mazda stuff so I not gonna comment on dt.. good luck..

Edited by hasmax
  • Like 2

Hi all

1.Nissan FB15

2.Mazda familia

3.Nissan N17

4.Nissan N16

Thanks and regards

Thilina

from your list i say go for a fb15 but it's isn't very economical and good looking. to me fb14 look better that fb15 any ways you can find a good 2000 or 1999 honda civic ek3 vi for your price it's look good and do more kmpl than fb15 in top of that it have more power than fb15 only thing the civic doesn't have from your requirements is the 2002 yom.

From your selection i would suggest the Facelift FB15

but i would not hightly recomend the pre facelift FB15

and i suggest the 2001 -2002 pre facelift Lancer CS2

it will meet all your requirements as well.

machan... good look is a relative thing, the car appears best for me may not be the best for u ( as same as the look of a girl ), so what looks best for u is the best one as u gonna be the one drive it.

comfortable aspects, i guess N16 is the best with spacious interior and the stability while driving. I have been in to both FB 15 and N16 and N16 is far ahead.

Fuel consumption, my manual 1.6 N16 did 8-9 in heavy traffic in colombo and 12-13 outside. Some think that FB 15 does better than that being a relatively small one, but it does the same kmpl as N16 as far as i know. Anyway once a car sale owner told me that new shell FB15 does better than the previous ones, but it has to be confirmed.

Spare parts wise both are ok to buy and u can sell Fb 15 bit easier than N 16, but N16 is also not with a bad demand and there are lot of people who love N16.

anyway u better buy a super saloon version if u go for Fb 15 or N 16, as they look bit better, plus with added options eventhough there are no major differences rather than engine capacity being 1.6 in super saloons.

I have zero experience in mazda stuff so I not gonna comment on dt.. good luck..

I agree with all of your comments except this one. The leg room for the rear passengers in the N16 is horrible.

I agree with all of your comments except this one. The leg room for the rear passengers in the N16 is horrible.

unfortunatly i have to agree with rover on this

i found that my old FB14 had more interior space than the N16

im a big fellow and i kinda struggled in the driving seat of the N16 compared to the FB14 and FB15. but did get used to it after a while though.

but in anyway if you are considering a N16.. i say go for the Nissan Bluebird Sylphy.. it looks the same as the N16 but it just feel better build for me.. little things.

but in anyway if you are considering a N16.. i say go for the Nissan Bluebird Sylphy.. it looks the same as the N16 but it just feel better build for me.. little things.

Not to mention the slightly high fuel consumption too ;)

I don't think any Nissans you mentioned fit in to this category. As I know, all 15, 16 and 17 consume more fuel than their rivalries.

I would go for a 2000 (English Number) EK3 if I were you, for high fuel efficiency and high resale value and for spare parts availability, and obviously for good looking;).

But if you are sticking to the options you mentioned, go for FB15. It can be easily resell, unlike N16 and N17.

Are Honda spare parts more available than Nissan?

Are Honda spare parts more available than Nissan?

Depends on the car. EK3 and FB15 recon parts can be easily found as I know.

It's getting harder when you go for the newer models, but those tend to not to break easily because they are new.