• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ac Not Working Properly In Toyota Corolla Nze121 G Grade 2004

c_vitharana

Question

I'm having a Toyota Corolla NZE121 G Grade 2004 (This model has reverse lights in the dickey) and when I start the car and press the AC button on the AC starts but blows normal hot air. Then after 2-5 mins cold air starts to come out. Once the cold air starts to come out the AC continues working fine without failing again. The only issue is that there is a delay of few minutes for the cold air to blow. I've checked the fuse box and this model doesn't have a MG-CLT relay installed. And when I check the AC compressor I can't see the magnatic clutch from out side.

I checked with the AC technician and he said this model doesn't have magnatic clutch and has a belt type unit. And also he said there might be issues with control valves. He said the solution is to replace the compressor with a unit with a magnatic clutch.

Does anyone have an idea about this problem and how it can be fixed.

Edited by c_vitharana

8 answers to this question

Went for a AC service and the technician told that everything is fine and told that this has a clutchless compressor and the issue is common to this type. He said that if the delay of blowing air extends in future I have to replace the compressor.. Anyway considering the cost for the replacement I rather bare the 2 min delay.

Edited by c_vitharana
  • Like 1

A second hand one will cost around Rs 25000 to Rs 30000. A new one will cost way more than that. He said before changing the compressor he advice to change the expansion valve and see if it fixes the issue. It will cost around Rs 7000 to Rs 8000. Anyway need to find more infomation about this issue. If I perform a computerized diagnosis will it indicate the problem?

I don't think the diagnosis will indicate a problem. It should be the compressor since it plays a major role to make the A/C work. My friends had this problem including me. I got one for 24000/= and its working perfectly. Otherwise check the A/C hose.

Also check this site.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/automotive-repairs-tips-on-automotive-air-conditioning.html

This type of compressors are pretty troublesome in Sri Lankan context. The compressor is rotating full time but there is no GAS circulation until you press the A/C button. Then it allows GAS circulation and the pressure, the speed of GAS circulation is regulated, depending on the demand of the A/C system. I don't think you can change it to a magnetic type A/C compressor unless otherwise you change the whole system including the electrics. Best bet is to find a competent A/C mechanic who works for agent. Fellows elsewhere may not be updated with this technology yet.

This type of compressors are pretty troublesome in Sri Lankan context. The compressor is rotating full time but there is no GAS circulation until you press the A/C button. Then it allows GAS circulation and the pressure, the speed of GAS circulation is regulated, depending on the demand of the A/C system. I don't think you can change it to a magnetic type A/C compressor unless otherwise you change the whole system including the electrics. Best bet is to find a competent A/C mechanic who works for agent. Fellows elsewhere may not be updated with this technology yet.

I agree with you! All the people having cars that are 2005 or below are having this problem.