• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bluebird Legrand, Advice For Purchassing......

rize1981

Dear Experts,

Please addvice me, I would like to purchase of Bluebird LeGrand 1999 Petrol Auto. May I what is the average Petrol consuption for this car and how is it? Any idea about converting it to Deisel Engine?

I really appreciate if you advice me in this regard.

BR,

Riz

Dear Experts,

Please addvice me, I would like to purchase of Bluebird LeGrand 1999 Petrol Auto. May I what is the average Petrol consuption for this car and how is it? Any idea about converting it to Deisel Engine?

I really appreciate if you advice me in this regard.

BR,

Riz

The Le Grand is mostly available in Diesel if I'm not mistaken. Most of the petrol versions I've seen are the SSX version. There was a good thread from sometime ago about this car so do do a search.

It's quite a heavy car so petrol consumption is going to be a little high, possibly 7-8 during city running? The diesel is a little more efficient but you will note that the Diesel engine feels a little underpowered particularly compared to the petrol which is very lively.

Dear Teh Don,

The car Le Grand it does nearly 6 Km/L, could you pls advise me how to improve it up to 8 Km/L? any specialized people to do that?

BR,

Riz

The Le Grand is mostly available in Diesel if I'm not mistaken. Most of the petrol versions I've seen are the SSX version. There was a good thread from sometime ago about this car so do do a search.

It's quite a heavy car so petrol consumption is going to be a little high, possibly 7-8 during city running? The diesel is a little more efficient but you will note that the Diesel engine feels a little underpowered particularly compared to the petrol which is very lively.

Dear Teh Don,

The car Le Grand it does nearly 6 Km/L, could you pls advise me how to improve it up to 8 Km/L? any specialized people to do that?

BR,

Riz

To be honest I was approximating on the fuel economy hence the question mark. The simplest improvement you can do is to change your driving habits to optimise economy. Keep your revs under 3000rpm and change to the top gear as soon as possible.

Otherwise keeping the engine in good shape, a fuel system clean up, throttle body clean, spark plug replacement, replacement of fuel and air filters if necessary should all help.

This totally depends on how heavy foot you have, for any car.

Take a look at some hybrid videos, specially how the Honda Insight dashboard color changes from green to blue when you press the foot to the bottom. If you can apply those light foot driving habits to a normal car, you can improve by 1, 2 probably 3 digits of less fuel consumption.

And yes, your wallet is saved but that comes with a price. I find myself boring if i drive it like this every time.

• 3 weeks later...