• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz Player!!!

arung

Question

Hi,

I got a new Vitz last week.. it came with a orginal DVD player and its in Japanese Language!!!! Player model (NDDN- W56)

But unfortunately, the player is not working properly!!! when I tried to play a DVD, the video is not coming and i can only listen to Audio and there is a error message appearing.. but i am unable to read it because its in Japanese!!!!

I read in some blogs that if the battery is changed sometimes players wont work properly!!!!!

How can i fix this issue? is it better to change the player or is it possible to fix this player????

Please help me with this issue guys!!!

6 answers to this question

Well I called Sun Lanka Today, they also said that to get a new player!!!

But I searched in some internet blogs, in that they have said if i install the soft ware of that player, it might work properly.... According that blog, the issue occurs when we remove the car battery, the player causes trouble.... Just buy installing that Software CD, it says it will reboot the player and it will work fine.....

I was saw a add in "Hit add".. that add says they got the software for such problems....

I called that guy , he said he might be able to fix it, but he cant change the language to english......

whats the best option? replace or get it fixed and use the original player!!!

Well I called Sun Lanka Today, they also said that to get a new player!!!

But I searched in some internet blogs, in that they have said if i install the soft ware of that player, it might work properly.... According that blog, the issue occurs when we remove the car battery, the player causes trouble.... Just buy installing that Software CD, it says it will reboot the player and it will work fine.....

I was saw a add in "Hit add".. that add says they got the software for such problems....

I called that guy , he said he might be able to fix it, but he cant change the language to english......

whats the best option? replace or get it fixed and use the original player!!!

If you are hell bent on keeping the DVD player try the guy. But remember that the player is probably region locked so can probably only play either region free or Asian region DVD? And you probably wont be able to change the language.

Check the costs and if its cheaper get a new player fitted.

You will not be able to change the language but the player will work fine if you can find the correct map disc to enter in to the player. You can also do a google search and download the file and write it on to a dvd and use the player. Petc. Lank. will do the job for a fee but probably won't give you the disc.

NDDN DVD/NAV player (toyota Org )

# IF Insert corect map issue ---> can fix

# Play DVD( movie ) ---> usualy works . only Park Brk on or Gear @ P postion ( not display while drive for safty but can avoid )

# FIX reverse camera -->can fix very easy ( NTSC only ) if need pinouts mail me

# NAV --> works ( but srilanka map not include .. i dint find still )

# AUX ---> find very easy ( fro pinouts mail me )