• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Remove Wax Residue From Plastic Trim

ModX

Question

Hi Experts,

I have accidentally applied some wax on the plastic trim of my vehicle and it appears as a white residue on it. Could someone shed some light on how to remove it without applying black shoe polish.

Thanks in Advance,

ModX

7 answers to this question

The idiot in the service station decided to do the same.luckily I had armorall plastic polish in hand. That did the trick.

Thanks for the reply Crosswind. Where can I buy this armorall plastic polish?

Ok a n00bish questions since this hasnt happened to me; are you guys talking about the crusty/powdery residue the wax turns into once its applied to a surface? I'm assuming the bumpers in question are black with matte paint and not body coloured bumpers?

Ok a n00bish questions since this hasnt happened to me; are you guys talking about the crusty/powdery residue the wax turns into once its applied to a surface? I'm assuming the bumpers in question are black with matte paint and not body coloured bumpers?

Well, It looks like as if you sprayed white colour diluted paint on your black plastic. Yes terrabytetango, we're talking about the black bumpers with matte paint.

Example for how it looks like:

DGWE2.jpg

Edited by ModX