• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sear Repair - Mazda Seat Set For Ss Bongo Van

tinyman

Dear All, Does anybody know a place to repair a Mazda Rotating seat set (Bongo Van).

Some springs went wrong in my van and now the seat is not rotatable and it freely moves front and back without properly locking. I tried with many small time seat repairers but nobody knows how to repair this,instead they propose to weld the seat making it immovable.

Better if the place is near Kandy.

The middle seat in the below picture is the type of seat i want to get repaired.(Sorry i found this pic from Internet,so not that clear and focused)

http://www.####/uservehicle/104187c.jpeg

Thanks

104187c.jpeg

Edited by tinyman

I think this is not quite a seat repairer type issue. Unfortunately you need to either find a genuinely clever and helpful mechanic or come up with a solution yourself...... most people are not interested in this type of problem because it can take quite a while to find a solution

Well this will usually require a bit to be fabricated from scratch, but seat repair guys aren't usually equipped to handle that sort of work. Why not try to understand how the mechanism works and fix it yourself?

Most people seal the rotating unit and re-bushes the recliner once things become really bad. You can do a lot of lathe work and perhaps repair the mechanism. But probably not worth the effort and cost as longevity of the job will be in question. You can also see if a mechanism only or a damaged seat can be picked up from a seat shop.