• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

H3 Bulbs

Schiffer

Question

Guys, i know its bad for the socket and and the switch to change the H4 bulbs

from 55w -> 100w

does the same results apply for the H3 bulbs?

The 55w bulbs in my fog lamps are sort of useless at night.

And the foglamps have a plastic cover. Therefore is it okay to install a HID kit?

i got a set of narva with me mate. but the H3 and H4 are both the Blue glass light. the output is not that much

but im planing to fix the H4 Narva 100W tomorow. till i get a proper 4500K or 5000K H.I.D kit

Narva too has fakes i'm afraid :( I've got caught to it once myself...

Had a set bought off motorcade and those worked brilliantly until i flogged the car off...

Narva too has fakes i'm afraid :( I've got caught to it once myself...

Had a set bought off motorcade and those worked brilliantly until i flogged the car off...

donno about mine :( it says Germany on the bulb and bought this around 6 years ago when i had my FNB 14 (not knowing that had to use 55W for the 14)

donno about mine :( it says Germany on the bulb and bought this around 6 years ago when i had my FNB 14 (not knowing that had to use 55W for the 14)

recorded this off my phone lil while ago.

ignore the music :P phone cam has picked up only the high frequencies even when the sub was firing away at the time :P sounds real bajaj audio but its nothing like that in reality... :D

The low beam is 90 and the high beam is 100. Koito and i bet it's fake.

The bright high beam you see will be the hella rallye 2000's kicking in. that too is 100w, hella h1 bulb.

recorded this off my phone lil while ago.

ignore the music :P phone cam has picked up only the high frequencies even when the sub was firing away at the time :P sounds real bajaj audio but its nothing like that in reality... :D

The low beam is 90 and the high beam is 100. Koito and i bet it's fake.

The bright high beam you see will be the hella rallye 2000's kicking in. that too is 100w, hella h1 bulb.

lol, sounds like ripper is listing to "biscuit kudu" music XD

and seriously those Hella ralllye 2000's are pretty damn impressive :o

Edited by Schiffer

lol, sounds like ripper is listing to "biscuit kudu" music XD

and seriously those Hella ralllye 2000's are pretty damn impressive :o

well i listen to mostly house, trance and a bit of rock. shockingly in real life those highs you hear aren't there. it's a lot of mid range and lows with a bit of highs as fills. stupid nokia has really warped the sounds...

strictly on lights, i too wanna change those fake koitos and either drop a pair of genuine hella h4's or bite the bullet and get a pair of PIAA's... Not on ebay, from a motoring site :D

well i listen to mostly house, trance and a bit of rock. shockingly in real life those highs you hear aren't there. it's a lot of mid range and lows with a bit of highs as fills. stupid nokia has really warped the sounds...

strictly on lights, i too wanna change those fake koitos and either drop a pair of genuine hella h4's or bite the bullet and get a pair of PIAA's... Not on ebay, from a motoring site :D

lol i was pulling your leg on the "biscuit kudu" music thing :D and not just nokia.. any phone will make a recording into "biscuit kudu"

well i change my stock bulbs to the navra today, and found out that i had a set of original Koito 100W bulbs in it. installed by the previous owner.

but i still change it anyways.. though i change to the blue navra to look 'cool'. the koito which were in the car was really powerfull

Osram AllSeason Super 55W H3's arrived :sport-smiley-004:

DSC_2984.jpg

DSC_2956.jpg

DSC_2985.jpg

DSC_2986.jpg

Fixed on the car and tested it against the one good PIAA Plasma Ion 55W

PIAA bulb on the right. Much brighter :(

DSC_2958.jpg

PIAA(left) is also a lot more yellower @ 2500K

DSC_2960.jpg

DSC_2968.jpg

PIAA

DSC_2965.jpg

Osram

DSC_2967.jpg

Edited by c1nder

Schiffer, I second what terrybytango is suggesting is as well. I did the same with my car as well by replacing the standard spec halogents (55/60) with Koito super bright light producing light equivalent to 100/90. This way there is no extra drain on the battery, little increase in heat and clearly the lights are brighter.

In my older car I just upgraded the halogens to 100/90 and the result was the same but with a lot more heat. The battery and the electricals coped ok with that but the lenses on those headlights were glass while the current ones are plastic.

The Koitos were sourced from Japan. Never seen it sold in SL but they are virtually identical to the Osram Nightbreakers in spec.

now koito is available here im using 100/90 but be careful of counterfits