• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Find And Fix Leaks In Your Tubeless Tires

ColomboRox

I'm going to assume that the OP has never heard of leaks and punctures and "air" and explain a little bit.

The time taken for your tire to deflate depends on the extent of the leak. The bigger the leak, the shorter the time taken for the tire to go flat. Your tire probably has a small puncture or a leak from the valve or the edge of the rim provided that the tyres are not worn out. That's why it takes 4 whole days. With me so far?

What you need to do now is take your car to a tyre shop and tell them that the tyre deflates in a matter of days and ask them to check for leaks. There are tyre shops everywhere and Tyr3 H0us3 is not the only place that fixes tires.

If you posted the question because you want to check for the leak yourself, do this:

Mix some water with car wash and spray it all over the tire and look for air bubbles. Pay special attention to the valve and the edge of the rim. To do a good job, you might have to jack the car or take the wheel off.

Replace your tire... seriously? that's like replacing the engine because you ran out of gas.

I'm going to assume that the OP has never heard of leaks and punctures and "air" and explain a little bit. The time taken for your tire to deflate depends on the extent of the leak. The bigger the leak, the shorter the time taken for the tire to go flat. Your tire probably has a small puncture or a leak from the valve or the edge of the rim provided that the tyres are not worn out. That's why it takes 4 whole days. With me so far? What you need to do now is take your car to a tyre shop and tell them that the tyre deflates in a matter of days and ask them to check for leaks. There are tyre shops everywhere and Tyr3 H0us3 is not the only place that fixes tires. If you posted the question because you want to check for the leak yourself, do this: Mix some water with car wash and spray it all over the tire and look for air bubbles. Pay special attention to the valve and the edge of the rim. To do a good job, you might have to jack the car or take the wheel off. Replace your tire... seriously? that's like replacing the engine because you ran out of gas.

Helped alot thanks mate!

I'm asking this becuase I haven't seen doing this, How do the tire kade guys secure the tire to the rim, do they apply a special glue or something ?

I'm asking this becuase I haven't seen doing this, How do the tire kade guys secure the tire to the rim, do they apply a special glue or something ?

Yes, there is a sealant that should ideally be applied on both the rim and the tire bead (it's a black tar - like sealant). The most common method of application is using a brush. I've however seen tires being mounted without the sealant as well. I guess it's most useful if the rim has a rough or corroded edge.

• Like 1

They do apply a liquid along the edges of the tyre. if i'm not mistaken the general idea is that tyre by design is a tight fit to the rim. And when you pump air into it the pressure kinda locks the tyre further to the rim.

I'm sure you have some freetime at hand.. why dont you goto a tyre shop and see how its done... wont take even 20 mins...

Edited by Watchman

See this is the reason 95% of Sri Lankans should not be driving.

If you don't know what to do when you have a flat tire you should kill yourself now or start wearing panties and a skirt.

They might be wearing some brand of shirts thinking the ladies will change the tiers for them :D

Seriously, dropping by a tier shop

How hard can that be?

Edited by Clark's son

See this is the reason 95% of Sri Lankans should not be driving. If you don't know what to do when you have a flat tire you should kill yourself now or start wearing panties and a skirt.

agree with this totally i think there are some who wear panties and skirts but still aware of what to do during a basis problem like this

See this is the reason 95% of Sri Lankans should not be driving.

If you don't know what to do when you have a flat tire you should kill yourself now or start wearing panties and a skirt.

Was waiting for JD to show up with troll-nir and hammer some sense into this!

When you read the comments and the questions of some of these newbies and the not so newbies, you wonder how the hell hey exist... Some of them won't be able to find their own bung holes in the dark, EVEN when they are using both their hands... let alone a bloody puncture that is taking the 'wind' out of a tyre... ;)

When you read the comments and the questions of some of these newbies and the not so newbies, you wonder how the hell hey exist... Some of them won't be able to find their own bung holes in the dark, EVEN when they are using both their hands... let alone a bloody puncture that is taking the 'wind' out of a tyre... ;)

Lets just hope they will never procreate.

Lets just hope they will never procreate.

Amen to that! Opening this thread assuming it's a DIY guide and reading the OP's question was ... well no-words-for-this moment!