• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diy Headlight Bulb Retainer

So as I was swapping in the new Osrams that arrived today, my overeager self didn't notice the spring retention screw on one headlight was loose and the spring disappeared into oblivion when I undid the latch. So after freaking out for an hour pondering a few minutes, I improvised by using a key ring. The one on the right LEFT is what I made. It took me all of 15 minutes, and it works perfectly, if a little more pliable than the material the original spring was made of. On the right is what I made. All you need are two needle nose pliers.

Edit: Due to an unexpected brain fart I was unable to tell my arse from my elbow when I made this post. Errors have been rectified.

axfi3c.jpg

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 2

These are Osram Nightbreaker Plus units, they're brighter than the regular Osram units my car came with. They reach farther and the light dispersion is better since the cutoff is clearly visible now.

Good work terrabytetango. Must have had a mini heart attack when the spring flew off... :)

By the way, is it just me or does the one on the right look way better than the original?