• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Navara & Toyota Hilux

chamaps

Dear Friends,

What is the highest grade of Nissan Navara.(In Toyota HILUX it was "INVINCIBLE")

And what are the differences and features of both.

I got to know that INVINCIBLE is not coming to Srilanka and can import from UK or USA (Correct me if i am wrong)

I am interesting about Navara cz it is the only one coming under the "japanese cab".

Also If some one can compare the both with price and running cost it is highly appreciate.

Thanking You,

CHAMAL

• Thanks 1

I think there is a higher grade in the Hilux called the Intimidator with the fortuner grill. Or may be it is some thing made up by sales people.

The Navara is also not Japanese.

And the Navara has a DCi engine which is not much suited to the sulphur enriched diesel we get in our country.

So go for the Hilux or the L200.

There will be people with more knowledge about cabs here wait and see.

I think there is a higher grade in the Hilux called the Intimidator with the fortuner grill. Or may be it is some thing made up by sales people.

And the Navara has a DCi engine which is not much suited to the sulphur enriched diesel we get in our country.

Hilux has the same 1KD engine you find in the KDH, so you will be able to find those in spare parts shops in future

Edited by Magnum

The hilux also has a common rail injector system therefore low sulphur diesel must be used.

I think you can get the L200 without the common rail engine if you opt for a brand new import (perhaps even the Hilux). All UK imports Hilux, Navara and L200 will sport common rail diesel engines which will run better (and for longer) on low sulphur diesel or super diesel.

I've heard of more issues with the Navara DCi system than the Hilux D4D or L200 DiD systems.

According to Hilux New Car Features manual:-

Hilux made for Thailand market are Euro III complaint(Sulfur content should be 350ppm - closest we have here is "Super Diesel" with 500ppm) and for European market Euro IV standard (Sulfur content should be 50ppm). And vehicles made for markets like Sri Lanka and African countries are Euro II compliant.

I have read in foreign hilux forums that 1kd,2kd engine ecu and injectors after 2009 are improved(new type of injector seals, ceramic coatings for injector tip and ecu mappings) to use bad fuel than earlier models and are less prone to injector problems. Pre 2008 3.0ltr 1KD-FTV engine had injector problems but newer 2.5ltr 2kd-ftv engines don't have that.

Edited by hyacc
  • Like 1

Hilux has the same 1KD engine you find in the KDH, so you will be able to find those in spare parts shops in future

Both the 1KD of the Hilux with the D4-D and the 4D56 of the L200 are common in Sri Lanka.

The 4D56 been in existence since the "palathsaba pajero" of the 80s, is pretty easy to maintain even in the hands of the local Makabas.

All the imports and the brand new models of the Navara and Hilux comes with the Common rail technology and the imported L200 come in this technology.

Even the 4D56 common rail will be a handful for maintenance with the usage of normal diesel in sri lanka.

Even the super diesel is not adequately void of sulfur so there are a lot of complains regarding specially the UK model Navara.

But It would be pretty easy to maintain a brand new L200 Without direct injection (the sportero came with direct injection),

The slightly lower fuel consumption, and performance, and the low trim are the thing you'll have to live with to avoid the increased wear and tear and defects faced by the direct injection models.

Being easy to maintain may be the reason why even 15 year old cabs are being quoted prices only slightly lover to their 5 year old unregistered counterparts.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Hi All,

Saw this thread when Im searching details regarding the relationship between Navara and Super Diesel. :)

If any one knows, please let me know whether there are NIssan Navara's which can run on normal diesel? (Like Non Common rail version of Mitsubishi L200).

Thanks in Advance...

The Navara if I'm not mistaken refers to the UK imported version which had Dci engines on them. They all need to be run on super diesel at a minimum. The last cab capable of absorbing normal diesel was the D22 I believe.

Check the engine. If it is an old school TD type Nissan diesel, it might be able to cope with the junk diesel we get in SL.