• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Vehicle Import Permit

AutoFan79

you know i'm kind of wondering if there's some pollutant in our water supply that's causing mental retardation. Just look at all the retards on the roads. 95% of them should not be allowed to touch a matchbox car, let alone moving piece of machinery that weighs a couple of thousand kilos.

cannot agree more on the morons we see on the roads. it used to be only leyland buses, marutis and three wheelers. now the viva's have also joined bandwagon.

cannot agree more on the morons we see on the roads. it used to be only leyland buses, marutis and three wheelers. now the viva's have also joined bandwagon.

to be honest, it's not just the leyland, bajaj, maruti and viva crowd. 95% of people in general do not know how to drive. It really has nothing to do with the car. I see people in new mercs and SantaFes drive just as bad as people in vivas.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

'selling' a permit is right or wrong?, in fact you can't sell a permit, what actually happens is a permit holder lending his vehicle to another party for 3 years with a committed mutual agreement(contract) to sell/buy the vehicle in 3 years. permit holder gets a fee for that service and he is in fact legally bound to honor the agreement (if things done correctly) normally this sort of deals shouldn't be done between strangers as you would never know how the other party would react during contract period and afterwards.

some of the areas where this deal might go wrong are

Buyer hasn't got the right documents and permit owner claims such agreement never happened.

Permit owner dies and his spouse or children try to claim the full ownership of vehicle

Petition to permit issuers office by a third party that might just result some inconveniences for the vehicle owner(permit holder) without any legal actions or penalties unless the vehicle has been actually transferred to the current user by signing transfer documents.

ps. i'm no expert in this area, just telling what i was told by our lawyer

Edited by RAZOR
  • Like 1

Dear members, I have seen in the internet that UK car sales sites have japanise vehicles specially pajero ( 1995 model) which were imported from japan in year 2007 so the first registration date of that vehicle in uk is 2007. Do you think whether its posible to bring such a vehicle down to our country without breaking any law? This is just my personal openion. I would like to see your comments. Thanks.

to be honest, it's not just the leyland, bajaj, maruti and viva crowd. 95% of people in general do not know how to drive. It really has nothing to do with the car. I see people in new mercs and SantaFes drive just as bad as people in vivas.

Not very surprising machan the driving test when obtaining a licence is just a big F***ing joke.

Bay parking and a short 150 meter drive is all you need to get behind the wheel, and some times the examiners even forget to conduct the bay parking on certain people :wink: :wink: :nudge: :nudge:. True story saw it with my own eyes, all you need is 3000/= bucks for them to forget :sad-smiley-066:

any comments on my last post?

Yes. its not possible. It's the vehicle's first registration that's counted. Not the registration in its last country. Did you really think you can outsmart the customs that easily? They didnt start doing their job last week. and frankly yours idea isnt even that ingenious.

Now please dont get hurt and cry Mr. 22 year old big boy gentleman :P

JUst saw this. Take it from a guy who's waiting for his permit in two years time. You can NOT sell them. NO DOCUMENT on gods good earth will make ownership of that vehicle transferable within 3 years.

And if you get caught (mind you a phone call to the relevant authorities by a jealous neighbour will suffice) you lose the car, I lose my job. It's that simple.

And vvti was introduced in alfas back in the late 80's.

Yes. its not possible. It's the vehicle's first registration that's counted. Not the registration in its last country. Did you really think you can outsmart the customs that easily? They didnt start doing their job last week. and frankly yours idea isnt even that ingenious.

Now please dont get hurt and cry Mr. 22 year old big boy gentleman :P

What's your problem Mr.Watchman? Why are you being so rude in almost all of your AL posts? Why can't you just tell that it's not working? I was just asking what I think. And also I've seen such old vehicles having new numbers. So I was curious.

Edited by kevin1462

What's your problem Mr.Watchman? Why are you being so rude in almost all of your AL posts? Why can't you just tell that it's not working? I was just asking what I think. And also I've seen such old vehicles having new numbers. So I was curious.

Because you were not the first to come up with the idea, not in sri lanka, and not even on the forum.. This has been discussed before..

• 8 years later...
41 minutes ago, Hemal vishminda said:

Hi,I am willing to buy a vehicle permit.what happens if the permit owner die after i bought the permit.will the permit valid still.can i import a vehicle with the permit even after his death.

Why do you want to buy a permit at a time imports are not allowed and you have no idea when you actually will be able to use it ? You are literally paying someone millions of rupees for a piece of paper that might amount to nothing.

Or am I missing something about imports ? Is there an election coming up ?

1 hour ago, Hemal vishminda said:

Hi,I am willing to buy a vehicle permit.what happens if the permit owner die after i bought the permit.will the permit valid still.can i import a vehicle with the permit even after his death.

Death - Is there a  some sort of Mystery murder story  in the making  ?

OK My apologies - but didn't know permits were available  and is there something coming up with regards to imports after Another Bro taking over ????

wow :D this sounds a bit macabre - I hope you're not planning on buying a permit and disposing of the original permit holder. Or let me guess - a relative who is due for a permit is on his last legs? You want to but the permit off him before? 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, matroska said:

wow :D this sounds a bit macabre

This is the story Shakespear would have written if he was alive in this era :) Screw Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet.... "Life and Love Permitted"...."Premio and Dutieth"..."Allion... You Like It"...."Much Ado About Axio"...."Titles Aquarius"

• Haha 3