• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2C Engine Injector Cleaning

abiman

Hello,

I need your advice regarding 2C engine tuneup, is it necessary? This is because I noticed lot of information in AL regarding fuel system cleaning, tappet clearance (what ever it is ?) adjustment, injector pump cleaning and pressuring and any other preventive maintenance required with 2C engine + mechanical injector pump. Following is my story.

Car is Toyota Sprinter CE110 1997 Auto transmission with 2C engine. after I bought car I used it 35000km in little less than 2 years. I think real clock on meter should be around 200000km now. (it was tempered by last owner!). I have never done any of maintenance on engine and I don't think previous owner did any too. Fuel filter (vic) is now used for 22500km. I have K&N reusable air filter and use vic oil filter which changed with every service done at 5000km. engine oil used is mobil mx 15w-40.

50% of distance I traveled in this car is on E01 (after opening E01). there is less than 0.1% driving on traffic.

Now my average fuel figure is about 13.4km/l (with AC on all most all the time) . this is figure I checked over 10000km distance and pretty accurate. And mostly I travel alone when on E01.

So my question is at current stage do I need to do any of above maintenance services? I think my fuel figures are good and therefore if I let mechanics to do above things is it possible they screw up these average fuel figures?

Thanks is advance

If you don't go for a very good mechanic, he'll screw up anything.

It's better to get the injectors checked (by a reputed place). My mech recommends checking injectors for every 40,000 km. If the prev owner hasn't replaced them, there's a good chance that at least one of them will be bad as the car has done 200k now.

I don't think you need to do anything to the fuel pump as you don't have any issues with it. From my previous experience, opening up the injector pump opens the door for a whole lot of issue so leave it as it is.

Check the tappet clearance if you hear the tappet noise or it hasn't been done for at least 50,000km.

I replace the diesel filter every 20,000. Btw your fuel economy is rather good ,my manual 110 does a little more than 14.5km/l

I haven't done anything to the engine than replacing the injector nozzles and don't think you need special tune-ups, fuel system cleaning or what ever to a 2C unless you've got any issues.

FYI, My mech says pumping about Rs. 2000 super diesel (for an empty tank) and running reasonably cleans the injectors and lines.(abt once every 5000 or so km s). But anyway I haven't tried that :)

Edited by Amila G

My CE110 Auto, YOM1997 late is doing 18kmpl in long run with ac on.

I usually very light on the accelerator and avg speed is 60~70kmph and it had no hill assent or traffic.

In extreme city driving it does 8~10kmpl.

On average it does 10~13kmpl!

• 7 years later...

I have toyota corolla CE110 DX,  milage 200000Km.  recently noticed an engine  vibration when come to a halt on traffic. vibration reduces when putting to Neutral gear. what can be the issue. recently changed all engine mounts  with genuine parts and there wasn't any vibration issue those days. can this be due to bad injectors or injector pump issue. not touched the injectors or the fuel pump for a long time. 

On 6/10/2012 at 1:43 PM, abiman said:

Hello,

I need your advice regarding 2C engine tuneup, is it necessary? This is because I noticed lot of information in AL regarding fuel system cleaning, tappet clearance (what ever it is ?) adjustment, injector pump cleaning and pressuring and any other preventive maintenance required with 2C engine + mechanical injector pump. Following is my story.

Car is Toyota Sprinter CE110 1997 Auto transmission with 2C engine. after I bought car I used it 35000km in little less than 2 years. I think real clock on meter should be around 200000km now. (it was tempered by last owner!). I have never done any of maintenance on engine and I don't think previous owner did any too. Fuel filter (vic) is now used for 22500km. I have K&N reusable air filter and use vic oil filter which changed with every service done at 5000km. engine oil used is mobil mx 15w-40.

50% of distance I traveled in this car is on E01 (after opening E01). there is less than 0.1% driving on traffic.

Now my average fuel figure is about 13.4km/l (with AC on all most all the time) . this is figure I checked over 10000km distance and pretty accurate. And mostly I travel alone when on E01.

So my question is at current stage do I need to do any of above maintenance services? I think my fuel figures are good and therefore if I let mechanics to do above things is it possible they screw up these average fuel figures?

Thanks is advance

Start with the autobox, re-pressurize the injectors,..change the fuel filter?

Edited by Twin Turbo

4 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Start with the autobox, re-pressurize the injectors,..change the fuel filter?

Thanks. But this was years ago.

Still got the car though. I did 150000 km in this car without even with a single flat tire and without police fines. Still starts every morning with no fuss. However very noisy from day 1 till now. Did repair gear box and injector pump, but engine was not touched. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/4/2019 at 7:41 AM, abiman said:

Thanks. But this was years ago.

Still got the car though. I did 150000 km in this car without even with a single flat tire and without police fines. Still starts every morning with no fuss. However very noisy from day 1 till now. Did repair gear box and injector pump, but engine was not touched. 

did you run on super diesel or normal auto diesel? you really had good Kmpl for an auto car. and also wonder what are the repairs you done to fuel system like did you clean the injectors and other parts?

24 minutes ago, kokum said:

did you run on super diesel or normal auto diesel? you really had good Kmpl for an auto car. and also wonder what are the repairs you done to fuel system like did you clean the injectors and other parts?

Never ever pumped super diesel. 

Did tappet adjustments, injector pump repair and timing belt replacement. But if i remember correctly, most of these must be 2013.

Car still starts with no complaints, any time and runs. Odo 225k km now. (started around 75k if i remember right. That was tampered reading when I got the car. )