• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Private Imports Of Vehicle Will Stop From Next Week

KMG

According to Gov. sourses private vehicle importation is not allowed further. This is as a response to request made by vehicle importers association ( consist of major vehicle importers / sales owneres ).

This is unethical decision by gov to increase the profit of limited no of people by restricting the chance of getting a good quality used vehicle to many ordinary people.

According to Gov. sourses private vehicle importation is not allowed further. This is as a response to request made by vehicle importers association ( consist of major vehicle importers / sales owneres ).

This is unethical decision by gov to increase the profit of limited no of people by restricting the chance of getting a good quality used vehicle to many ordinary people.

:lol: not surprised..

Finally some crap cars will stop coming to the country. They should ban all used cars being imported and allow only brand new cars like some countries.

that'll be horrible, then the tax will be even higher :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

I was really thinking of innocent people who get trapped in these deals where these dealers bring out crap from Japan and where ever and do poor jobs and sell them with wound up meters. I feel sorry for all those people who pay hard earned money so these dealers can keep rocking. If all vehicles are brand new people have a good chance of buying something genuine and decent. Sorry if i sounded harsh but when i see the tricks and dirty works most dealers pull it boils my blood.

I was really thinking of innocent people who get trapped in these deals where these dealers bring out crap from Japan and where ever and do poor jobs and sell them with wound up meters. I feel sorry for all those people who pay hard earned money so these dealers can keep rocking. If all vehicles are brand new people have a good chance of buying something genuine and decent. Sorry if i sounded harsh but when i see the tricks and dirty works most dealers pull it boils my blood.

The choice will be very limited.

100% agree with u. I feel sad because the opotunity to self import directly from auction (think reliable than from local dealer) is lost.

That makes sense, anyway even now most of the cars such as Premio/Allion/Bluebird/Axio come down as brand new

That makes sense, anyway even now most of the cars such as Premio/Allion/Bluebird/Axio come down as brand new

As they are not manufactured to sri lanka and not brought through the company they won't be able to be imported (except the bluebird)

So for a JDM fan like you it will be a grim day

Finally some crap cars will stop coming to the country. They should ban all used cars being imported and allow only brand new cars like some countries.

this's the exact way of that idiots of our government think .

Whether you like it or not , We're in poor country,

if you need some numbers, i saw a brand new vitz (yaris) today at motor show, if i'm correct it's around 6.5million rupee.

Will take an average job of country,

a governnent teacher earns 20000 rupee salary per month.

Imagine that he's capable of saving 10000 rupee by somehow.

6000000%10000 Means 600 months.

So it's 50 years of his life right ?

You want that person to use bus until he die?

That's pathetic right .?

If so environment concern

new zealand can allow 10 year old cars with a valid certificate ,

why can't we ?

For me a 10 year old japanese sedan (which is around 1000 to 2000$FOB) is worth than a brand new maruti..

• Like 3

As they are not manufactured to sri lanka and not brought through the company they won't be able to be imported (except the bluebird) So for a JDM fan like you it will be a grim day

I know they cant be brought down straight away as brand new from Toyota in Japan, but they buy a brand new car, drive it around till you hit a around 50-300km on the odometer and bring down or something like that. Search as "zero-mileage'(thats how they call it)

Edited by Magnum

Then no more GTR's

true enough, this is decisions taken by just thinking of the sh*t like axio, premios, nobody has thought wht will happen to the sport cars, wht will happen to the racing enthusiasts.

this is all the monopolization by Y*ga perera as i have heard.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Guys,

sorry for dragging an old thread...Coz flew into the country after about 15 months...

Has this " Personal importing " thing been taken out ? Pls let me know..coz one friend said...still we can import a car like previously without any hassle !!! is it so ? :speechless-smiley-019:

thkx