• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Fuel Efficient Sedan Type Car

amilaart

Question

if your only concerns are sedan and fuel consumptions.

It's toyota corolla 121 i guess.

But those specimens are overpriced these days.

Do your average running costs before buy.

I suggest buy a same age mazda familia, honda civic .and save additional 1.5 million . Invest it somewhere worth.

Just my 2 cents .

well dont know the exact fuel figures but i have used a friends 2004 Manual Vios for few days and i went from kandy to colombo.. and colombo to kandy again with 2800/= worth of petrol..

when he handed me his car the fuel low light was working and when i handed the car back, the fuel light was working.

And this was with 4 passengers (5 since i weight the same as 2 people :P) in it..

@ clark's son-

yes i have 2003 model car,last May 26th&27 i went to anuradaha pura(4 passengers),

from ja-ela i fill up the tank full&reset the clock to "0"when i went to anuradapura,clock shows me 225 kms&again i fill up the tank full,its cost 0nly10.6 liters,(without A/C,low RPM,low traffic,my average speed was 60-75kmph)

when im returned back i used dambulla road to ja-ela,(with A/C,there was bit traffic too)(220km)it did 16-17km pl,

im useing octane 95 petrol

im also agree with u bro.i cant belive that it it 22kmpl,hw ever it did on my last trip

Edited by osanda19

Everyone seems to have forgotten diesels :)

With previous price hikes for 1L of Diesel.. one should rethink about it I guess... Do the math with the distance you travel, and maintenance.

Toyota Corolla 121 (16-19 kmpl - my friend said this to me and this is outstation figure with AC) and Nissan Tiida CVT 55 kms (Southern Express Highway, average 100 and at times touched 160 kmph) and did 18.7 kmpl with AC.

nothing like being proud of driving at 160 kmph on a road with only two lanes in each direction and causing a safety hazard for other road users. You are so cool.

• Like 3

Toyota Corolla 121 (16-19 kmpl - my friend said this to me and this is outstation figure with AC) and Nissan Tiida CVT 55 kms (Southern Express Highway, average 100 and at times touched 160 kmph) and did 18.7 kmpl with AC.

you check this manually by refueling or just the readings on the car kmpl display? any ways one of my relatives have a tiida according to him max he got is 14kmpl in outstations.

well dont know the exact fuel figures but i have used a friends 2004 Manual Vios for few days and i went from kandy to colombo.. and colombo to kandy again with 2800/= worth of petrol..

when he handed me his car the fuel low light was working and when i handed the car back, the fuel light was working.

And this was with 4 passengers (5 since i weight the same as 2 people :P) in it..

With my own experiance, I can gurantee that vios does very good in fuel.

With my own experiance, I can gurantee that vios does very good in fuel.

With previous price hikes for 1L of Diesel.. one should rethink about it I guess... Do the math with the distance you travel, and maintenance.

I have a diesel car and i only get minor repairs, its all about the way you maintain it.