• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla 141

lkshan

Hmmm..i must say that I owned a Toyota for the last 4 years. Whilst I don't think their service is great, I was able to stay by the vehicle whilst it was being serviced or repaired. Especially at Toyota Maharagama. I insisted I wanted to be watch them fix it even though their supervisors kept telling me to take a seat in the waiting area. I politely declined and hung around the workshop.

They park the car in some place and charge labor hours for that.

People buy toyotas because they are so called cheap to maintain if they are going to toy*ta Lank*

They might as well get an Audi and maintain it at the company

Difference between the Toyota and the Audi as it age will be the frequency of the visits to the agent.

I wish we have data on the visits to get things rectified during first 3 years for each brand, I mean in SL.

My be Auto Lanka could facilitate this.

That's a valid point. I think even A*W and D*MO do not allow owners to see their workshop.

Maybe they are afraid that we will steal their equipments. LOL!!!!!!!!

You think wrong... Nissan lets you in if you know to stay out of the way and Diesel and Motor Engineering has no problem with owners/drivers being where the car is, just that most of their customers simply don't bother.

You think wrong... Nissan lets you in if you know to stay out of the way and Diesel and Motor Engineering has no problem with owners/drivers being where the car is, just that most of their customers simply don't bother.

Agreed. I used to stay with my car at A*W too.

The main difference between the axio and the domestic corrolla is the gear box.

Axio - CVT box , better fuel efficiency, smooth driving but bit expensive to maintain (CVT oil change cost about 15k in toyota lanka)

141 - 4spd auto - ancient not very efficient and cheap to maintain

Axio - 1.5 (1NZ-FE) - 110 PS (81 kW)@6000 rpm, 140 N·m (100 lb·ft)@4400 rpm

141 - 1.6 (3ZZ-FE) - 109 hp (81 kW) @ 6000 rpm. is 110 lb·ft (150 Nm) @ 3800 rpm

Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_ZZ_engine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_%28E140%29

• Like 1

Difference between the Toyota and the Audi as it age will be the frequency of the visits to the agent.

I wish we have data on the visits to get things rectified during first 3 years for each brand, I mean in SL.

My be Auto Lanka could facilitate this.

Visits the the agent is reduced because they are maintained by the local Makabas and co after the warranty is over.

I can remember changing engine mount of our corolla ce 96 in 2002 at the toyxxx lxnxx which cost us nearly RS 25000.

last service of our Toyota yaris cost RS 13000 which RS 6000 alone for the labours.The service consisted of changing oil,filter and plugs.The labour cost seems to be high.

One of my cousins told me that their diesel Volkswagen jetta is scheduled to serviced at 15000 km intervals and cost them about RS 20000 at the Senxx.That seems to be cheap and low hassle compared to 5000km service of vvt I cars

A mechanic at the unixxx moxxxx said me that toyota agency was done by a person called kemaren samarasinghe during the early 90s and late 80s and toxxta Japan had started their know agency due to rising number of compains of the earlier dealer.

Is it true ,Can some one recall this story.

If someone think agents are the best ppl who knows well around their vehicles, that is a big mistake. Just look in to our forum; ppl who maintain their vehicle very well are not usually going to agents except to get some rare parts. They usually have "their own" mechanics/painters etc.

Back to the topic,

In general Axio is better than I41

A mechanic at the unixxx moxxxx said me that toyota agency was done by a person called kemaren samarasinghe during the early 90s and late 80s and toxxta Japan had started their know agency due to rising number of compains of the earlier dealer. Is it true ,Can some one recall this story.

I can remember our veteran Mr. Sylvi saying something like that.

In Japan (and most of the other places I've lived in) owners are not allowed in to the service areas for safety reasons, But these shops areas had guest seating areas that overlooked the workshop space so you can always see what is going on with your car...

Yes, safety is the reason. But when setting up the rules, the Japs assumed the mechanics here will have the same level of honesty and focus as the ones over there. After a few problems similar to ones mentioned in the topic, I now insist on standing by the vehicle or doing frequent visits to the shop floor; and tell off anybody who'll try to push me out.

A bit of noise, sadly, is the way to get things done in most places in SL.

• 1 year later...

hi guys

sorry for commenting on a old thread... i'm new to the forum and i'm planning to buy my first car a corolla 141 next month...

can u guys please tell me da current market price of COROLLA 141, YOM 2007-2008 and having 50k- 60k mileage...

in advertisements there are cars for sale between 3-3.5 millions. i wanna know da last bargain price which i can go for.......

thanx

hi guys

sorry for commenting on a old thread... i'm new to the forum and i'm planning to buy my first car a corolla 141 next month...

can u guys please tell me da current market price of COROLLA 141, YOM 2007-2008 and having 50k- 60k mileage...

in advertisements there are cars for sale between 3-3.5 millions. i wanna know da last bargain price which i can go for.......

thanx

Sanjay1111,

Since you are new to the forum mind if i ask was there a particular reason to buy a 141 as your first car? Did you do some study about other cars considering points like Fuel economy, Second hand market, Convenient features included commonly, etc.. for your budget?

I'm just saying until others answer your question.

KMeeg.

Sanjay1111,

Since you are new to the forum mind if i ask was there a particular reason to buy a 141 as your first car? Did you do some study about other cars considering points like Fuel economy, Second hand market, Convenient features included commonly, etc.. for your budget?

I'm just saying until others answer your question.

KMeeg.

KMeeg,

As i found on autolanka and on #### ,for my budget i think i can go for

1. Mazda 3 and axela ( YOM 2008)

2. lancer ex ( 2008)

3. Civic FD1 and FD4 (2007,2008)

4. Axio X (2008)

5. 121

6. 141

as for the 1 and 2 i dont like the look of these cars...

And FDS..... i like them. but i think they don't have enough ground clearance since i'm not from colombo and specially when i have to go to my home town due to the states of the roads its better to have a good ground clearance..... :D

121 is overpriced and little too old for my liking.....

So finally my choice became to axio and 141....

And.............

For me 141 looks better than axio

As far as i know 141 has more options than axio ( axio X doesn't even got a rpm meter)

Axio does better on fuel. But since i am not a regular traveller 2-3 kmpl does not matter for me....

KMeeg,

2. lancer ex ( 2008)

4. Axio X (2008)

5. 121

6. 141

And FDS..... i like them. but i think they don't have enough ground clearance since i'm not from colombo and specially when i have to go to my home town due to the states of the roads its better to have a good ground clearance..... :D

And.............

As far as i know 141 has more options than axio ( axio X doesn't even got a rpm meter)

Axio does better on fuel. But since i am not a regular traveller 2-3 kmpl does not matter for me....

Sounds good.. I myself use a 141 too and pretty happy with it. As of i know the price all depends on the millage and condition right? No owner who took good care of it and company maintained would give you less than 3mil. Yet again i'm not sure. Lets wait for others to comment they might have a better understanding of the market price.

On a side note i'm not too happy with the old 4 speed auto gear box vs the Axio CVT gear box and the stiff suspension compared to JDM cars. Anyways these things were discussed earlier too and wont be too hard to find.

KMeeg.

hi guys

thanx

Are you seriously considering a 141 as your first car dude ? I mean that could destroy your faith in cars and lead you to buy a bicycle. :sport-smiley-004: Anyway if that is your wish these days 141 (2008) goes around 2.7M which is cheaper than axio(2008) which is around 3.2-3.5M. But if you consider about fuel economy axio is better than 141

KMeeg,

2. lancer ex ( 2008)

4. Axio X (2008)

5. 121

6. 141

And.............

In what universe did you get that. I agree that axio X grade doesn't have a rpm meter but x limited and G grades have. And Axio comes with factory fitted reverse camera which is not included in 141. And axio has every option available with 141. The most important thing is axio is the domestic version of corolla which is manufactured in Japan . Most of the 141s available in Sri Lanka are Malaysian made.

Get a 141, spend the rest of the money to pump fuel rather than getting an Axio with a reverse camera (Hope you dont have any issues in Reversing a car... lol) :speechless-smiley-004: . Sathyajith, all preface-lifted 141s (2007-2009) were manufactured in Japan. on the plus side 141 has more ground clearance than JDM specific Axio, cos it meant for our road conditions (Suspension is different)... than Japan :) you can find 141 which is in good nick for a far lesser price than overpriced Axios.

• Like 4

Get a 141, spend the rest of the money to pump fuel rather than getting an Axio with a reverse camera (Hope you dont have any issues in Reversing a car... lol) :speechless-smiley-004: . Sathyajith, all preface-lifted 141s (2007-2009) were manufactured in Japan. on the plus side 141 has more ground clearance than JDM specific Axio, cos it meant for our road conditions (Suspension is different)... than Japan :) you can find 141 which is in good nick for a far lesser price than overpriced Axios.

It is not only the reverse camera dude! If you want more just get this. The 2008 141s which were sold for Sri Lankan and Thailand marcket had the old 121 engine.It was a reasonable idea of toyota because by that time 121 was very successful with fuel economy and very popular.But they did some ridiculous thing by reducing the power output by 5% of the engine and remapped the engine to give more power lowdown .and also the car was 100-150lb heavier than the 121.But toyota corrected this mistake silently by replacing it with the new vvti engine in 2011.And also 141 comes with normal auto gearbox which is another reason for bad fuel economy whereas axio comes with cvt gearbox which is very economical plus JdM has better suspension as mentioned above. Ground clearance? bullsh*t. I don't think it matters with all these carpet roads and highways. It matters if you are living in an area with bad roads.

Edited by sathyajithj99

It is not only the reverse camera dude! If you want more just get this. The 2008 141s which were sold for Sri Lankan and Thailand marcket had the old 121 engine.It was a reasonable idea of toyota because by that time 121 was very successful with fuel economy and very popular.But they did some ridiculous thing by reducing the power output by 5% of the engine and remapped the engine to give more power lowdown .and also the car was 100-150lb heavier than the 121.But toyota corrected this mistake silently by replacing it with the new vvti engine in 2011.And also 141 comes with normal auto gearbox which is another reason for bad fuel economy whereas axio comes with cvt gearbox which is very economical plus JdM has better suspension as mentioned above. Ground clearance? bullsh*t. I don't think it matters with all these carpet roads and highways. It matters if you are living in an area with bad roads.

121 Came with Two Engine types, 1NZ-FE (Same as Your Axio) and 3ZZ-FE (Which came in Singapore based 121s and in Brand new 141) so in your own theory your Axio has the same old Engine am i right? :) True regarding CVT but U series Conventional Auto boxes seems far more durable and reliable than CVTs, you cannot repair or overhaul a CVT (at least in SL) but Auto you can!. Since OP is more concerned regarding Ground clearance (his Home town is Away from Colombo) than fuel Economy, dishing out extra money on an Overpriced Axio is not worth. Axio is not everyone's cup of tea :)

Edited by Ruslan
  • Like 3

Thanks guys for commenting on this

So i guess i have to buy a AXIO or i will loose faith in cars and next time i will be on a bicycle :sad-smiley-050:

As far as i know 2008 141s are Japanese made and ground clearance maters for me.

i hope to use this car for 3-4 years and i guess the extra money i can save from buying 141 instead of axio would be more than enough to pump the extra fuel to compensate that 2-3 kmpl difference between two cars for whole 3-4 years plus to fit a additional reverse camera........... :medium-smiley-037:

Edited by sanjay1111
  • Like 3

Thanks guys for commenting on this

So i guess i have to buy a AXIO or i will loose faith in cars and next time i will be on a bicycle :sad-smiley-050:

As far as i know 2008 141s are Japanese made and ground clearance maters for me.

i hope to use this car for 3-4 years and i guess the extra money i can save from buying 141 instead of axio would be more than enough to pump the extra fuel to compensate that 2-3 kmpl difference between two cars for whole 3-4 years plus to fit a additional reverse camera........... :medium-smiley-037:

Its not just that. When you buy a brand new imported vehicle which have been serviced through the agents, you buy a vehicle with verifiable history. We don't really know what the Axio might have gone through when it was being used in Japan, and no gurantee of actual mileage.

Glad you figured that out mate , if you want to buy a Toyota car at a reasonable price 141 corolla is the right choice. The market value will depend a lot on the color and black one will fetch more. You will be able to find specimens from 27 - 28.5. You will be overpaying if you are paying more. If it's a an Axio its gonna be in 30-32 range. 33 MAX . Anything more than that you are better off with an NZT260 or a late NZT240 anniversary model.

@sathyajithj99 stop talking bullshit. you should step out from your imaginary world.

Edited by fookie
  • Like 3

Glad you figured that out mate , if you want to buy a Toyota car at a reasonable price 141 corolla is the right choice. The market value will depend a lot on the color and black one will fetch more. You will be able to find specimens from 27 - 28.5 fairly easily. You will be overpaying if you are paying more. If it's a an Axio its gonna be in 30-32 range. 33 MAX . Anything more than that you are better off with an NZT260 or a late NZT240 anniversary model.

@sathyajithj99 stop talking bullshit. you should step out from your imaginary world.

I never got this black thing. I own a black car and it feels like an oven under the hot sun!