• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla 141

lkshan

My dear friend,

I don't have much knowledge about vehicles & have decided to buy a car so I would llike to know which vehicle is best among these. Corolla 141, Axio & vios (Japan). please advise me in this regards.thanks

• Like 1

Hi Ikshan,

First what is it that you expect from these, Fuel Consumption / Luxury or Price?

If it's Fuel Consumption then i suggest you Don't go in for the 141 because it does about 6-8kmpl (In Colombo) i guess :sad-smiley-066:

Axio & Vios is quite good on fuel (around 10-13kmpl in Colombo) :rolleyes: but the 141 is supposed to be more comfortable than the Axio, not sure though <_<

The 141 doesn't have a resale value but the Axio & Vios does..

Out of all i think the cheapest is the Vios then the 141 & the expensive one is Axio :D

If price is not a problem to you, then i suggest you go in for the Axio :wub:

All the best bro!! :alc:

Axio is also a corrolla but it is the Japan domestic version. Local agent's Corolla 141 I think it is made in Thailand.

I heard newer 141 does much better in fuel than old 141 because recent 141s have a more powerful engine than older ones.

Axio is also a corrolla but it is the Japan domestic version. Local agent's Corolla 141 I think it is made in Thailand.

I heard newer 141 does much better in fuel than old 141 because recent 141s have a more powerful engine than older ones.

your thinking is wrong 141 corolla is imported to sri lanka is manufactured in Japan (as least the 2007-2009 )

powerful 1.6 is only available in the altis which is not manufacuted in japan and not imported to sri lanka

corolla 141 is underated and only second hand toyota you could buy at a decent price.

if 8-9kmpl city 12-14kmpl outstation is not a issue it is the best option

• Like 1

Thank you very much dear brothers lan chan, waka & kush.

if I go for axio how I should recognize the defferent versions such as grades,specific option & the price range accordingly. so please could you advise me on this too. thank you very much.

Kush is correct in some and completely wrong in others

The all the brand new141 models are 1.6L while the Axio is 1496cc(1.5L)

But it will do a decent amount on fuel and is a relatively low valued toyota due to reasons i have mentioned in another topic (permit ones been sold rapidly due to new permit).

The Axio has G(with RPM, Climate control,and push start

HID limited with RPM climate control and scoop lights

and X with neither.

The best choice if I where you is the brand new 141 because it is made for sri lankan conditions unlike the axio which is made for smoother conditions for the suspension.ect.

I don't think there are vios made in japan.

And please do feel free to use the search next time as these are common cars discussed a hundred and one times in this forum.

• Like 1

Kush is correct in some and completely wrong in others

The all the brand new141 models are 1.6L while the Axio is 1496cc(1.5L)

But it will do a decent amount on fuel and is a relatively low valued toyota due to reasons i have mentioned in another topic (permit ones been sold rapidly due to new permit).

The Axio has G(with RPM, Climate control,and push start

HID limited with RPM climate control and scoop lights

and X with neither.

The best choice if I where you is the brand new 141 because it is made for sri lankan conditions unlike the axio which is made for smoother conditions for the suspension.ect.

I don't think there are vios made in japan.

And please do feel free to use the search next time as these are common cars discussed a hundred and one times in this forum.

Apologies for my ignorance, apparently they offer the new 1.6 L 1ZR-FE (124 bhp) now.

The old one came with the 16.L 3ZZ-FE (110bhp).

New engine is Dual VVTi whereas the old one was only VVTi it might be more efficient.

According to Toyota Lanka the Corolla imported to SL is made in Japan

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for bringing life to an old thread, but I taught of sharing this information and check whether it is true or false.

Last weekend when I took my car to the service there was a Corolla 141 which came for a body wash. I had a chat with the owner and he mentioned that he has done the engine tuneup which was scheduled after 40,000 km, and it cost him around 60k. And he said after the service the car works grate on fuel and it does around 10-12 kmpl in Colombo and the guy seems to be very happy about the car.

Has any one of you have any experience about what he is talking about?

I'm interested about this since I'm planning to buy a 141 (within next yr ) butI did not mention the guy about it.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for bringing life to an old thread, but I taught of sharing this information and check whether it is true or false.

Last weekend when I took my car to the service there was a Corolla 141 which came for a body wash. I had a chat with the owner and he mentioned that he has done the engine tuneup which was scheduled after 40,000 km, and it cost him around 60k. And he said after the service the car works grate on fuel and it does around 10-12 kmpl in Colombo and the guy seems to be very happy about the car.

Has any one of you have any experience about what he is talking about?

I'm interested about this since I'm planning to buy a 141 (within next yr ) butI did not mention the guy about it.

Rs.60 000 for an engine tune up is unacceptable.

Either they where riped off or something that had gone wrong was replaced.

60k?for sure some parts may have been replaced..or a complete rip off...he got nothing to do other than enjoy the misery...anyway may be a major service cleaning all the lines,flushing engine and stuff,but still 60k...

Guys, T*y*ta L*nk* is known for these kind of things. For a friend of mine for a so called tune up they have suggested replacing the injectors quoting a massive amount. Luckily the guy had the brains to give a call to someone who knew a thing or two and got out of it.

Well I think 60k seems valid since a friend of mine told me that he has done a full service including flushing gearbox oil and radiator coolant, etc for his Vitz and cost him around 45k in T*y*ta Lanka. And that guy also mention that he also done service only at agents.

• 5 weeks later...

Same thing happened 2 one person i know.when he was going for honeymoon in a 121, the engine check had lit up.so after enjoying..he..he..he had taken the car to t*y*a* l*n*a, they have said the whole engine has a problem.they have said it will cost him over 200k.for his luck,he didn't gave them the job,and again had taken to a known place and he had only asked 500 rupees for fixing a problem in a circuit...monawa karannada?sri lankawe kattiyane..

I owned 141 for last two years. These are the facts I know by experienced. And you can count on me.

Toyota 141-2008 LX black biege onterior,

Made in Japan

1599CC

Fuelage - city (9 -11), It base on how you drive. The more you use breaking and acceleration means less fuelage (simple logic).

Outstation (11-14) , try to keep rpm under 2000 then you can have 14km/l. My home town is Bandarawela figures are mainly base on that.

For me - looks good, very reliable, perfectly match with my needs.

I haven't done any engine tuneup.

But I came across this. I change my ATF on 2013-April as it not looks good(even by the time I bought its not looks so good, but I have a bill which says it changes ATF change very recently). So I was worried and I called and ask from T.Y.T.A lanka, they confirm its a true bill as they have done the ATF change. Thats the main reason why I wait this much long. But clearly it wasn't change.

And one of my cousin had a similar incident with mazda (familiar) car and ended up in replacing the engine.

Simply this is nothing to do with 141, but just wanna share these type of things happens. Very few people say the truth. For most they have the best car on the market.

As a buyer don;t just listen find more and more details and come to conclusion (google it). But believe me its very hard in Sri Lanka. Don't just fall in to things like, agents maintained , Doctor owned, ...etc

Friend has Vios made in Thailand. He says 11-12 in city and 12-14 in outstation.

One of my very close friend bought axio, He told me this. City its like 10-12, Outstation >12. He sold it back as he bought it for rent. People was saying lot but it didn't deliver what he was expecting. But clearly it does more fuel than 141.

knowledge is like climbing a mountain, the more you climb the more you see :)

Good luck

I use a Corolla 141 for the last 5+ years, the car up to recently was used as a second car and has done 30k.

I get 8-9 Colombo, 10-14 out station (Generally 12 with a best of 18 in the express way)

It was maintained by T****A L***A up to recently and I switch to DIY recently as I noticed that they were starting to rip off.

Last service @ 25k cost me over Rs. 19k for the oil, oil filter and spark plugs with a tune up.

They also wanted to change the belt, brake pads and air filter and quoted over another 49k, I told them that I don’t have money at the moment and they got a disclaimer signed.

I brought the stuff from G* M****S (Genuine Toyota) and replace them myself and cost me only Rs. 28K.

My view is if you go there for routine service most of the time you get rip off, however I would still advice anyone to use them for tune ups and a issues which needs diagnostics as they have the necessary equipment and technicians.

• Thanks 1

My view is if you go there for routine service most of the time you get rip off, however I would still advice anyone to use them for tune ups and a issues which needs diagnostics as they have the necessary equipment and technicians.

Not necessarily the right criteria to recommend a place. I have been using Toyotas for the last 15 years and stepped into this place only twice for get some thing done -once to get an intermittent issue diagnosed and another time to replace the axle boots. I was left totally disappointed on both occasions. Now I go there but only for spares.

Toyota Lanka's labour cost is very high, that's why we get a huge bill. But they are genuine people.

That is not the only reason why the bills are high. I for one would not be so sure about calling them "Genuine".

For one thing, If are so great, why do they not allow owners into the workshop space to see what is being done on their vehicles?

That is not the only reason why the bills are high. I for one would not be so sure about calling them "Genuine".

For one thing, If are so great, why do they not allow owners into the workshop space to see what is being done on their vehicles?

They are "genuine" but only with regard to the spares they sell!

Toyota Lanka's labour cost is very high, that's why we get a huge bill. But they are genuine people.

Quite the opposite to what they really are.

Had several unpleasent experinces with the Wattala head office about five years back when doing the three initial services, and a dash board issue.

Was compelled to take the vehicle recently to the Maharagama branch, and experience was very unpleasent.

If you have a repair invoice, take a look at the labour hours they have allocated. Pathetic. By their estimates, they would be able to attend to about ten vehicles a day maximum.

By the way I stayed at their workshop for a little time until I was told to stay out. Pity the owners who leave their vehicles there.

Quite the opposite to what they really are.

Had several unpleasent experinces with the Wattala head office about five years back when doing the three initial services, and a dash board issue.

Was compelled to take the vehicle recently to the Maharagama branch, and experience was very unpleasent.

If you have a repair invoice, take a look at the labour hours they have allocated. Pathetic. By their estimates, they would be able to attend to about ten vehicles a day maximum.

By the way I stayed at their workshop for a little time until I was told to stay out. Pity the owners who leave their vehicles there.

Sorry to hear about that SubZero. The only issue I heard about them was they take weeks and sometimes months to repair and paint the vehicle. The rates are very high even to repair small dents.

That's a valid point. I think even A*W and D*MO do not allow owners to see their workshop.

Maybe they are afraid that we will steal their equipments. LOL!!!!!!!!