• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4G91 Service Manual

For all of us who have been fortunate (or unfortunate depending on the way you look at it) to have this delightful engine in their Mitsubishi Lancers or Mirages.

I say delightful as it has better torque, BHP at the flywheel than the 4G15 though delivery nearly identical fuel economy when driven sensibly. The only drawback I've found is the AC compressor which is a low resistance model (as in does not produce as much compression at lower revs but does not consume as much energy either) is a bit sensitive and does seem fail in many cars.

http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=2028554

• Like 1

Thanks Davy! Yes I came across that thread and very useful information, but the 4G91 was mostly features in the earlier Lancers and Mirages while obviously the 4G92 rose to fame in the famed Mirage Cyborg with Mivec. Feel free to link to this from the other as well.

Ironically I bought the paper copy for £20 from Ebay, an original Mitsubishi document and then found this 2 weeks later for free :)

Thanks Davy! Yes I came across that thread and very useful information, but the 4G91 was mostly features in the earlier Lancers and Mirages while obviously the 4G92 rose to fame in the famed Mirage Cyborg with Mivec. Feel free to link to this from the other as well.

Ironically I bought the paper copy for £20 from Ebay, an original Mitsubishi document and then found this 2 weeks later for free :)

I havent really had the opportunity of admiring the 4G9 series although I distinctly remember driving a Galant with a 4G93 GDI which was pretty amazing; So it's always nice to get to know more about these machines.

PS: I have updated the link on this post as I noticed just a while ago that the link was broken. You'll find the 4G9 engine electrical and cooling service manuals (plus many more) in the Lancer CK and Mirage archive.

by any chance does anyone have the link to the service manual for the 1977/78 lancer and also for the Lancer GLX (4G15) 85 model

I doubt you will be able to find the service manual for the Lancer A7X series online (searched, but failed). But I have shared the engine workshop manual in this post.

Since this thread is particular to the 4G91 engine, May I suggest you post Lancer service manual related stuff in this thread.

by any chance does anyone have the link to the service manual for the 1977/78 lancer and also for the Lancer GLX (4G15) 85 model

Try this one. I put that thinking someone will benefit as that is the oldest Lancer manuals I could find. But nobody's even bothered to leave a comment there. :speechless-smiley-004: That's AL.