• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tint Glasses

akboselk

Guys , I got the Government Gazette 875/08 on 16.06.1995 and Gazette Number 1273/2 . English version was not avilable so I got Sinhala version. There are 5 pages I am sorry, I don't know how to publish large files here. So send it to MADZ and hope MADZ will do the rest MADZ please check your Autolanka E-mail inbox.

So? What does it say? Is one of the gazette you have from 1995???

No tints whatsoever on your driver and passenger side. This has been discussed so many times before.

So? What does it say? Is one of the gazette you have from 1995???

No tints whatsoever on your driver and passenger side. This has been discussed so many times before.

This is 1995 and 2003. Not much difference. Original gazette has some additional information getting a permit, how to affect for public transports, how to measure transparency ect.

No tints whatsoever on your driver and passenger side except 20% tinted glass could be used only on the top portion of the windscreen as side in Police website.

My apologies if trying to re-post the same.

This is 1995 and 2003. Not much difference. Original gazette has some additional information getting a permit, how to affect for public transports, how to measure transparency ect.

No tints whatsoever on your driver and passenger side except 20% tinted glass could be used only on the top portion of the windscreen as side in Police website.

My apologies if trying to re-post the same.

page52003.th.jpg

page41995.th.jpg

page31995.th.jpg

page21995.th.jpg

page11995.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've tinted 5 glasses full dark from kleen park cost me about 15-20k back in 2009 or 2010 but apparently prices have increased.

Did not have any issue with the cops yet :)

since i have reverse cameras ther is no problem wit the fog in rear wind & at night !

Edited by pdeeban

I've tinted 5 glasses full dark from kleen park cost me about 15-20k back in 2009 or 2010 but apparently prices have increased.

Did not have any issue with the cops yet :)

since i have reverse cameras ther is no problem wit the fog in rear wind & at night !

same here, i have been having the tins for more than a year, no probs with cops yet. oh, i dont have reverse camera

I checked with Clea* P*rk and to do full tint job with 3M they offer 34 K (Including front windshield with heat / UV reduction clear tint)

as I'm from Kandy, it is easy to goto Clea* P*rk Kurunagala Branch, Anyone here who knows the work quality of this place ?

Thanks

It should cost more than that if you do the tint with 3M Crystalline Tint (clear type tint) for all glasses including front and rear windshields. It reduces more heat and no probs at night. I think you can get more info if you search old threads on 3M tint. I think i have mentioned the prices in those threads (As i can remember i went there in 2008 and 2010). I went to Cl Prk @ Maradana.

PS - Before i did the tint with 3M Crystalline i compared the heat reduction and other features at 3M site. Pls visit that site too.. :)

Kmeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

• 1 year later...

Members,

Front two side glasses windows are no allowed to tint. All other members posts give information of tinting.

3M tint most expensive in the tint market. Which is very good.

All CHEAP THINS are NOT GOOD. EXPENSIVE THINGS are GOOD. Materials including services.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

There is a law saying that you cant tint the front glasses, but rarely cops make an issue about it unless your vehicle is a van. bdw i read in daily mirror recently saying that the whole ban on tinting might be lifted.

Members,

Front two side glasses windows are no allowed to tint. All other members posts give information of tinting.

3M tint most expensive in the tint market. Which is very good.

All CHEAP THINS are NOT GOOD. EXPENSIVE THINGS are GOOD. Materials including services.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Yanne koheda walle pol ;)

Says the guy who drives a Maruti omni and used to drive a Changan Chinese box

Anyways,

i saw a cop pulling over a buddy van and asking him to remove the small tint on the windscreen. saying that its illegal now to tint even a bit of the windshield

i thought that is legal O.o or is the cop trying to make few bucks?

Anyways,

i saw a cop pulling over a buddy van and asking him to remove the small tint on the windscreen. saying that its illegal now to tint even a bit of the windshield

Shifter,

Please explain where did you spotted that, at what time, when if not it is you are a ?

True I drive a cheap vehicle. That is my wish. It is not others business.

This forum has few members who criticize other cheap vehicle owners. Recognize only owners of Japanese cars. This theory came forward after imports were liberated in year 1977.

At that time Japanese had reconditioned cheap vehicles they were trying their best to capture the world vehicle market like Swiss watch industry which they succeeded.

I can effort to drive most expensive handmade vehicle I am not a high profile figure, I can own a Vehicle ST1 only made for US market in few months time if I order same now.

Does that make the difference? Any vehicle will take a person or goods to point A to point Z by road. Vehicles are build to transport human beings and goods in quick time and easily.

It is all pride of a person to prove that he is wealthy person to the others who see him on the face value.

I was advised by a relative of mine who is very rich who belives in luxary life that you must have a new car every year new house and a Majestic wife. That is his way of living I am not.

There are some people who are owing to banks even their next generation cannot pay those loans by disposing their family inherited wealth or business build up by the last family.

Good old days banks were hand full only Indian origin Afgon community lived in Slave Island gave loans on trust. I know one person borrowed few lacks just after the 2W War that time build few houses on his land in kollupitiya. He could not pay those loans. He enjoyed life with wine woman and song flashy convertible American car. At last in year 1953 he took his life by setting fire to his body. Lenders lost all their money.

For one example I can inform early 1960s to 1980s there was a flourishing Textile business by an entrepreneur in our country situated on A1 road very close to Colombo. Colombo 030. Close to Boralla junction he had multi story buildings. On A1 road they had their factory.

Today they are owned by Peoples Bank for not paying the loans. I remember they were the first to import Japanese vehicles for tourist transport small new mini buses. One more person at Kandana junction his famous advertisement on radio was Loku bola Podi bola. He is not living at present not heard of that business.There were big-timer transport business men around Ceylon later Sri Lanka. They had flashy German cars some even took part in Motor racing. The even had holiday bungalows’ in Nuwaraeliya.

I only gave few examples do not want to write more.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Anyways,

Seriously? Some vehicles have a factory tint on the top of the windscreen, wonder how they're gonna get the owners to remove that. Sounds like they're manipulating the "no stickers on the windscreen except for the revenue license" law.

Anyways,

Like i told the cops make an issue with vans about tinting, not cars and SUVs

Seriously? Some vehicles have a factory tint on the top of the windscreen, wonder how they're gonna get the owners to remove that. Sounds like they're manipulating the "no stickers on the windscreen except for the revenue license" law.

Yeap i think thats what is going on

Like i told the cops make an issue with vans about tinting, not cars and SUVs

I was talking to umair the other day, he too said that a cop asked him to remove the front windshield tint in akurana

Shifter,

This forum has few members who criticize other cheap vehicle owners. Recognize only owners of Japanese cars. This theory came forward after imports were liberated in year 1977.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Mr. Sylvi,

I think think this is one of those instances where you can call yourself a ass/donkey. This "theory" you talk of does not exist in Autolanka. A majority of us on Autolanka are capable of deciding what cars we like and what cars to buy. We don't go buying cars because they have an 'elakiri wage market' or they are "brand new".

And on your point about a A to Z vehicle, didn't your brand new chinese van break down numerous times. In this case it didn't take you form A to Z. It only took you upto I, J or K...

I think you are again becoming a metaphorical donkey braying throughout the night becoming a nuisance to the neighbourhood. So please bray in the post-whore thread or your own thread.

Yeap i think thats what is going on

I was talking to umair the other day, he too said that a cop asked him to remove the front windshield tint in akurana

Remember I had the front glasses tinted in my car for 2 years? no cop gave me trouble. They just have an issue with vans. I dont know why

Dear Mr. Sylvi,

I think think this is one of those instances where you can call yourself a ass/donkey. This "theory" you talk of does not exist in Autolanka. A majority of us on Autolanka are capable of deciding what cars we like and what cars to buy. We don't go buying cars because they have an 'elakiri wage market' or they are "brand new".

And on your point about a A to Z vehicle, didn't your brand new chinese van break down numerous times. In this case it didn't take you form A to Z. It only took you upto I, J or K...

I think you are again becoming a metaphorical donkey braying throughout the night becoming a nuisance to the neighbourhood. So please bray in the post-whore thread or your own thread.

Donky knows the behaviour of a donky. If any one calls me a donky he had been a donky.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Donky knows the behaviour of a donky. If any one calls me a donky he had been a donky.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Not necessarily... this only shows your lack of general knowledge. For example does a doctor have to be a woman to be a gynecologist? Does a vet need to be a dog or a cat? Does an expert on dinosaurs need to have seen dinosaurs in reality? Likewise, some of us here are experts in identifying donkeys on the internet, and you sir have been identified!

thanks to everyone for responding

I have found below Q/A on http://www.police.lk/index.php/traffic-police/55

"Question : 15.

I have tinted glass fitted into my vehicle. Is it a offence?

Answer:

Use of tinted glass are appended in Government Gazette 875/08 on 16.06.1995 and Gazette Number 1273/28 on 31.01,2003. If windscreen and the two shutters besides the driver are tinted It is an a offence. However 20% tinted glass could be used only on the top portion of the windscreen"

However it doesn't tell any tint percentage for other glassess, Is this mean that it is possible 100% to back glasses ?

If you take traffic laws in sri Lanka. You can't do following as well.

1. Putting rear seats for dual purpose vans.

2. having more than two people in a motor bike

3. listing to radio while driving.

4. Putting closed lorry bodies to D*MO batta

5. installing many fancy items to buses and three wheels.