• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tint Glasses

akboselk

Hi all

need help from AL community for my requirnment as below

anybody knows a good place to tint car glasses around kandy ?

and what should I consider before handover the job to such a place / person ?

what are the best products ?

Also, is it illegal to tint Front driver / passenger glasses ?

Thanks

my advices are;

and what should I consider before handover the job to such a place / person ? - just stand behind them untill they complete the job.

what are the best products ? - 3M is the best

Also, is it illegal to tint Front driver / passenger glasses ? - you can make 100% tint the rear glasses (left, right and back), but as i know, you can tint up to 40% the front glasses.

my advices are;

and what should I consider before handover the job to such a place / person ? - just stand behind them untill they complete the job.

Also, is it illegal to tint Front driver / passenger glasses ? - you can make 100% tint the rear glasses (left, right and back), but as i know, you can tint up to 40% the front glasses.

I'm pretty sure the new regulations are that you can't have any tint on the front (except windshield).

• Like 1

I think you can't tint the front windows. (driver and passenger). My dad got pulled over (abt 3 months ago) for the tint on the front windows and had to remove it (it was the lightest tint). Better check the police website. According to that cop you can't even put a totally clear polythene sheet on the window !!!

Edited by Amila G

my advices are;

Sure, you can put 40% as long as you have defense ministry clearance :P

my advices are;

I thought it was 40% for the back, NOTHING on the front and the top 20% of the windshiled with a 40%tint.

thanks to everyone for responding

I have found below Q/A on http://www.police.lk/index.php/traffic-police/55

"Question : 15.

I have tinted glass fitted into my vehicle. Is it a offence?

Answer:

Use of tinted glass are appended in Government Gazette 875/08 on 16.06.1995 and Gazette Number 1273/28 on 31.01,2003. If windscreen and the two shutters besides the driver are tinted It is an a offence. However 20% tinted glass could be used only on the top portion of the windscreen"

However it doesn't tell any tint percentage for other glassess, Is this mean that it is possible 100% to back glasses ?

• Like 1

Don't you guys face difficulties when the rear windshield is tinted ?

ie: in gloomy weathers, nights, looking through rear mirror

Edited by NRX

I think you can't tint the front windows. (driver and passenger). My dad got pulled over (abt 3 months ago) for the tint on the front windows and had to remove it (it was the lightest tint). Better check the police website. According to that cop you can't even put a totally clear polythene sheet on the window !!!

I dont know about the regulations, but mines basically fully tinted (excluding the windshield), rear ones with the darkest tint and the front ones with a slightly dark tint, never had a problem even in areas like colpetty, bamba etc etc

• Like 2

I dont know about the regulations, but mines basically fully tinted (excluding the windshield), rear ones with the darkest tint and the front ones with a slightly dark tint, never had a problem even in areas like colpetty, bamba etc etc

Same here..

you can drive fully tinted until your luck runs out eventually one day.

has happened to quite a few of my friends!

legally...you can't have any tint on your front shutter. rear shutters can be fully tinted.

Windscreen can have the top strip tinted.

thanks to everyone for responding

I have found below Q/A on http://www.police.lk...affic-police/55

"Question : 15.

I have tinted glass fitted into my vehicle. Is it a offence?

Answer:

Use of tinted glass are appended in Government Gazette 875/08 on 16.06.1995 and Gazette Number 1273/28 on 31.01,2003. If windscreen and the two shutters besides the driver are tinted It is an a offence. However 20% tinted glass could be used only on the top portion of the windscreen"

However it doesn't tell any tint percentage for other glassess, Is this mean that it is possible 100% to back glasses ?

Thanks for the information. Will try to findout 2 Gazettes.

Don't you guys face difficulties when the rear windshield is tinted ?

ie: in gloomy weathers, nights, looking through rear mirror

Nope, not on mine anyway and it's fully tinted(3M). Have heard ppl complain about poor visibility, so visibility also depends on the quality of the tint as well I guess.

Nope, not on mine anyway and it's fully tinted(3M). Have heard ppl complain about poor visibility, so visibility also depends on the quality of the tint as well I guess.

How much did it cost you to tint with 3M ? I was quoted 1.5K for all front,rear,rear windscreen, probably crappy tint material ? :speechless-smiley-019:

My car is a sunny

How much did it cost you to tint with 3M ? I was quoted 1.5K for all front,rear,rear windscreen, probably crappy tint material ? :speechless-smiley-019:

My car is a sunny

Rear windscreen + rear passenger windows 10k at Kleen park. But this was in 2008.

Good quality, four years on, not a bit of peeling or fading. I believe the prices have gone up significantly since then though.

Rear windscreen + rear passenger windows 10k at Kleen park. But this was in 2008.

Good quality, four years on, not a bit of peeling or fading. I believe the prices have gone up significantly since then though.

damn! I wonder how the buggers even manage to do it for 1500

Edited by NRX

Guys , I got the Government Gazette 875/08 on 16.06.1995 and Gazette Number 1273/2 . English version was not avilable so I got Sinhala version. There are 5 pages

I am sorry, I don't know how to publish large files here. So send it to MADZ and hope MADZ will do the rest

MADZ please check your Autolanka E-mail inbox.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera