• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Evo 8/9

AWESOME

its a conversion. n running a GT35R, if its true, this is the fastest evo in SL.

Converted from what to what??

I mean is it a Lancer CS to Evo conversion or somthing else... Found pictures of this car as an Evo 7 in a different color...

Man... this is a dream car bro... only if i had money to buy a one... :(

Converted from what to what??

I mean is it a Lancer CS to Evo conversion or somthing else... Found pictures of this car as an Evo 7 in a different color...

Man... this is a dream car bro... only if i had money to buy a one... :(

Its a Cedia converted to EVO7

and this guys wants 4.3mn for his evo 6.5

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=116813

That might be because that 6.5 is an original and generally unmolested Tommi Makinen Edition and not a well thrashed convert with a possibly butt-dynoed "400"WHP..

The price is very high, true, but where are you going to find another?

Edited by Supra_Natural

Is this the Evo 7 that was once in 2Fast 2Furious clours/decals? It too had a similar number if i'm not mistaken..

I dunno if we are thinking of the same car, but when it had the 2F2F look, it wasn't converted. I think I remember rear drum brakes. Should have a pic somewhere...

• 3 years later...
There are only 5 original evo 9s in srilanka. out of them only one is on the road..

1) Riyaz Razick (Nishan Weerasurya's old car)

Rest of the four cars on the tracks owned by

1) Missaka Naveen (DD s old car)

2) Mahinda premarathna (unicorn).

3) Riyaz Farook.

4) Pasindhu Pieris.

I don't think Riyaz Razick in gonna sell his Car coz its in GREAT condition and he knows the value of it...

so you mean others are converted ones? because i have seen many evo's on the road..

heck the date of the post

Aaaand a four year old thread comes back to life just like that :D

It was worth reading through this old thread for this little nugget below though: lol! @ Watchman!

Hey bro,

I have a Evo9 RS for sale; Awesome car. I bought it for racing but now I dont have the time. I have modified it with a 1.3ltr 4G13 engine. I took away the turbo so that there's no turbolag. I also modified it to be FWD, so you dont have to worry about carrying the unnecessary weight of redundant drive-shaft and dif.I have also changed the body to a Lancer body to make it super light weight. But I have kept the original Evo badges to keep the original look. You will surely love the car. You can take a test drive and we can negotiate the price. PM me your phone number bro.

Edited by Kavvz

Dammit! I too read the entire 1st page before realizing this was an old thread!

And curious to know, is the total number of Evo 9s in Sri Lanka still 5?

It should be more than that i suppose. Recently saw some photos of a get together / some sort of car meet on fb and there were two 9s one black and the other wrapped in blue. Also i've seen two other cars on FB yellow & red colored units.

at last, skylines and evos posts coming up on autolanka after ages !!!! keep these rolling dudes :) still not getting board while reading these old ones than fuel consumption and hybrid stuff

Yeh tell me about it.. whenever i visit the forum now i usually dig up an old thread and read it instead of looking at these new ones which pops up asking fuel consumption and best car for x some of rupees. You could still learn tons by reading old threads and find much more humor in most of silvy & californican threads... :)

And about real civic Type-Rs ,anyone seen some in SL streets?

There was one unreg Type-R 2007 model, lying in a car sale in mount about a year and a half back. Brought from UK. I guess it must be the real deal. I also noticed that it has had a paint job. Does anyone know where it ended up? This is what it looked like (internet pic):

2007HondaCivicTypeR-2.jpg