• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Philips Bulbs

Bumble

If someone know where to buy PHILIPS Halogen bulbs in Sri Lanka? I have a FD1. Even Stafford does not have. I checked Darley road as well. They have only Chinese stuff which are not durable. Checked ebay also. They have all types but not my type. That is H5 12V 60W BLUE. Dont know whether I could use other types(H1 H7 and etc).

Thank you

I am not sure about the agents.........whom is Hay****s

I do go for Osram from D**O, they have a full catalog and even offered me to get some specific bulbs imported. Has seen the SilverStar and Cool Blue in country. Cannot remember H5s, but worth trying, at least over the phone. They are helpful.

OSRAM also ok as I feel. German stuff as Philips. By the way, I have no idea who the agent is. Can you just PM me. Thanx loadz.

D**O, the company whom brings down Benz, Bosch and D*MO........the showroom in opposite of Jethavanarama Temple near Armour's street/

D**O, the company whom brings down Benz, Bosch and D*MO........the showroom in opposite of Jethavanarama Temple near Armour's street/

It's the exact time the asterisks are totally a PITA :speechless-smiley-004:

I do go for Osram from D**O, they have a full catalog and even offered me to get some specific bulbs imported. Has seen the SilverStar and Cool Blue in country. Cannot remember H5s, but worth trying, at least over the phone. They are helpful.

How much the bulbs set you back? I'm thinking of getting down some Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs (better light output than Silverstars apparently), but I would buy them from the agent in a heartbeat if the price was right.

How much the bulbs set you back? I'm thinking of getting down some Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs (better light output than Silverstars apparently), but I would buy them from the agent in a heartbeat if the price was right.

Agent for OSRAM is D**O and I have PM you............these lights are bright but shorter service hours compared to OSRAM L (long service time)

Agent for OSRAM is D**O and I have PM you............these lights are bright but shorter service hours compared to OSRAM L (long service time)

Nothing from you in my inbox :(

Hey I checked at D*MO. They do not have H5. :(

Edited by Bumble

• 2 weeks later...

So the Osrams I ordered arrived today. Well the H4s arrived, not sure why the H3s didn't arrive with them since I ordered them from the same place.

Here are some photos for comparison.

n475no.jpg

lacf7.jpg

104i6mx.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So the Osrams I ordered arrived today. Well the H4s arrived, not sure why the H3s didn't arrive with them since I ordered them from the same place.

Terra, care to share your seller? Are they original night breakers? Any pics for comparison ? ;)

I looked at powerbulbs.com to bring down some HB3s for my headlamp solely to avoid fakes, but the their price is very high. (> 7500/= for a pair)

So thought of moving back to ebay, but looks like only one seller got HB3 s. (< 4500/= for a pair)

(http://www.ebay.com/...&prg=1020&rk=1)

D*I*M*O doesn't have HB series of nightbreakers.

EDIT.

Found this UK ebay seller and he looks good.

http://myworld.ebay.com/performancebulbs

Edited by razordj

Terra, care to share your seller? Are they original night breakers? Any pics for comparison ? ;)

I looked at powerbulbs.com to bring down some HB3s for my headlamp solely to avoid fakes, but the their price is very high. (> 7500/= for a pair)

So thought of moving back to ebay, but looks like only one seller got HB3 s. (< 4500/= for a pair)

(http://www.ebay.com/....&prg=1020&rk=1)

D*I*M*O doesn't have HB series of nightbreakers.

EDIT.

Found this UK ebay seller and he looks good.

http://myworld.ebay....erformancebulbs

Pics are here. Not sure why you didn't see them. They are very much original; off the shelf units from the UK, not the cardboard packaged OEM items. Even the H3s came in blister backs.

Bought them from this fellow http://stores.ebay.c...o-Direct?_rdc=1

Edited by terrabytetango

Thanks! Looks like this guy doesn't have HB series.

Yeah, I saw those package photos in the the first place, but what I mentioned was the performance of them after you fitted in:) Fingers crossed for my worthy investment.

Thanks! Looks like this guy doesn't have HB series.

Yeah, I saw those package photos in the the first place, but what I mentioned was the performance of them after you fitted in:) Fingers crossed for my worthy investment.

Well performance wise, they throw enough light to make me not want HID. My car originally had Osrams as well, and I believe they were the factory fitted units since they had much lower light output. I was never able to see the cut off points with the previous bulbs, and now they're very well defined.

• 2 months later...

I came across a place which sold Night breakers- Thought I might as well share the info if any one is interested. ( Not intended to advertise )

It was a 55/60 W bulbs, Osram Night breakers, cost was apx Rs. 3000/-

Location : Supreme Motors on the high level road between Delkanda Pola & Universitiy junction – on the right side when coming from Nugegoda.

I came across a place which sold Night breakers- Thought I might as well share the info if any one is interested. ( Not intended to advertise )

It was a 55/60 W bulbs, Osram Night breakers, cost was apx Rs. 3000/-

Location : Supreme Motors on the high level road between Delkanda Pola & Universitiy junction – on the right side when coming from Nugegoda.

'mazdaspeed',

Thank you sharing above post, did you fix them. Have you got any comments about brightness, is better than early bulbs that you have had.

Can you please send their contact number. Email me. [email protected] or [email protected]

Sylvi Wijesinghe.